Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan will never allow the establishment of the second fictitious Armenian state on its territory"
The President expressed his regret at the fact that over the years the conflict has not been resolved: "The main reason for this is a hypocritical policy unconstructive position of Armenia and, unfortunately, in the indifference of the international community and the parties directly involved in the matter. For over 20 years, are grossly violated the norms of international law. Four UN Security Council resolutions are not met, the country of the occupant is not under pressure. In that case, of course, attached a unilateral diplomatic efforts could not bring success."
The Head of State noted that Nagorno- Karabakh is native Azerbaijani land, an integral part of Azerbaijan: "The whole world recognizes Nagorno- Karabakh as an integral part of Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan’s position on this issue is unambiguous, based on justice and historical truth. Our historical land - Nagorno -Karabakh today is an integral part of Azerbaijan and the political and legal point of view. On the issue of the territorial integrity of any assignment is not out of the question. Azerbaijan will never allow the establishment of the second fictitious Armenian state on its territory. Our unique position, I want to say, based on the historical justice and international law. At the same time made over the last ten years, steps to resolve the conflict, adopted in international organizations solutions, of course, further strengthen our position."
According to the president of Azerbaijan over the past decade, several influential organizations have taken to reflect the fair resolution relating to the settlement of Armenian- Azerbaijani Nagorno -Karabakh conflict: "Among them - the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, the European Parliament, the Council of Europe, the Non-Aligned Movement and other organizations. I believe that our efforts in this direction will be continued. Because if the resolution does not directly lead to the settlement of the conflict, we must further strengthen its legal framework. Countries belonging to the organization that I mentioned earlier, the absolute majority of the world community. Thus, the position of the absolute majority of the international community is clear. Azerbaijan's territorial integrity is not in doubt, and the conflict must be resolved only within the framework of territorial integrity of Azerbaijan. We will continue to enhance its political and diplomatic efforts, and will continue to hold Armenia in the isolated state. Its political and regional initiatives, economic initiatives, we must be even more pressure."
Ilham Aliyev said that Azerbaijan's diplomacy on the issue and will continue to be offensive: "Since truth, justice, international law is on our side. I have no doubt that Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity. Along with this, the stronger will be Azerbaijan, the sooner the issue is to be resolved. With this purpose in Azerbaijan as economic reform and the building of the army in the last ten years is a high rate."
President Ilham Aliyev said that the military budget has grown more than 20 times: «The Azerbaijani army is one of the strongest armies in the world. Acquired over the past ten years weapons, ammunition, military equipment has broken the military balance between Armenia and Azerbaijan. Our advantage is measured times. At the same time, over the last ten years was established in Azerbaijan military- industrial complex, which was not in previous years. Today, there are dozens of factories produced military equipment 750 titles. Thus, we create a new production sites and at the same time reducing dependence on foreign arms markets. I believe that in the coming years, we will take another big step for building the army, further strengthen our army. I am confident that these factors, diplomatic efforts and, hopefully, the ratio of the big powers in this matter will lead to solving the problem."
According to the head of state, he has no doubt that Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity: “It is fact that we want to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Of course, this issue must be resolved on the basis of the norms and principles of international law. To have a more powerful army in Azerbaijan and will continue to be pursued economic reforms. "
Related news releases
- 26.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan’s military leadership visits frontline
- 23.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.03.2017Armenian armed forces holding military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 21.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times
- 19.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 136 times
- 18.03.2017Armenia lost hopes and lives with depression – Azerbaijani president
- 18.03.2017Colombian Senate passes decision on 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
- 17.03.2017Ex-presidents express support for Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017Cultural worker from Ukraine joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017PM: April battles – a victorious page of Azerbaijan’s military history
- 17.03.2017Kwasniewski: No chance of progress in Karabakh talks without implementation of UN resolutions
- 17.03.2017Former Kyrgyz PM comments on country’s refusal to sign ECO declaration
- 16.03.2017Moscow says nothing hidden in Karabakh talks
- 16.03.2017Russian political analyst joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 16.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Change in status quo means liberation of occupied Azerbaijan lands
- 15.03.2017PACE members meet with IDPs
- 15.03.2017Putin: Russia continues to assist in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.03.2017French president urges progress towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2017Georgian professor joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 15.03.2017Books by Lithuanian authors on Armenian aggression presented in Baku
- 15.03.2017Khalaf Khalafov: Armenia encourages relocation of Syrian and Lebanese Armenians to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity cannot be negotiated
- 15.03.2017French President: “The existing status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is unacceptable”
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani President: “For the first stage, negotiations should be resumed as soon as possible”
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict underway in Baku
- 14.03.2017Ilham Aliyev urges foreign companies to avoid illegal activity in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 14.03.2017Russian journalist: Majority of Karabakh Armenians were forcibly “armenianized”
- 14.03.2017“If war erupts in Karabakh, Russia, Georgia and Turkey will be involved in it”
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict kicks off in Baku
- 14.03.2017German MPs adopt Declaration on Khojaly Massacre
- 14.03.2017Russian political analyst calls for Khojaly Genocide recognition
- 14.03.2017Armenian-born researcher: Positive solution to Karabakh conflict is near
- 13.03.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian MPs planned to be held in French Senate
- 13.03.2017France respects Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says senator
- 13.03.2017French senator calls for restoration of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 13.03.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform expresses support for OSCE MG American co-chair
- 12.03.2017Azerbaijani army carries out artillery strike on Armenian strongpoint - VİDEO
- 12.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 21.10.2013U.S. Co-chair of OSCE Minsk Group arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.10.2013Azerbaijani Deputy Foreign Minister: “Armenia is not ready for discussions”
- 21.10.2013Araz Azimov: “The OSCE’s failure to accurately assess the contact line incidents is paving the way to the ceasefire violations”
- 19.10.2013Moldovan Human Rights Commissioner faced pressures by Armenians not to run for post of Ombudsman
- 18.10.2013Turkish newspaper “Hurriyyet” shows separatist regime in Nagorno Karabakh as independent state on its website
- 18.10.2013OSCE Minsk Group US co-chair to pay visit to Azerbaijan early next week