Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan will never allow the establishment of the second fictitious Armenian state on its territory"
The President expressed his regret at the fact that over the years the conflict has not been resolved: "The main reason for this is a hypocritical policy unconstructive position of Armenia and, unfortunately, in the indifference of the international community and the parties directly involved in the matter. For over 20 years, are grossly violated the norms of international law. Four UN Security Council resolutions are not met, the country of the occupant is not under pressure. In that case, of course, attached a unilateral diplomatic efforts could not bring success."
The Head of State noted that Nagorno- Karabakh is native Azerbaijani land, an integral part of Azerbaijan: "The whole world recognizes Nagorno- Karabakh as an integral part of Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan’s position on this issue is unambiguous, based on justice and historical truth. Our historical land - Nagorno -Karabakh today is an integral part of Azerbaijan and the political and legal point of view. On the issue of the territorial integrity of any assignment is not out of the question. Azerbaijan will never allow the establishment of the second fictitious Armenian state on its territory. Our unique position, I want to say, based on the historical justice and international law. At the same time made over the last ten years, steps to resolve the conflict, adopted in international organizations solutions, of course, further strengthen our position."
According to the president of Azerbaijan over the past decade, several influential organizations have taken to reflect the fair resolution relating to the settlement of Armenian- Azerbaijani Nagorno -Karabakh conflict: "Among them - the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, the European Parliament, the Council of Europe, the Non-Aligned Movement and other organizations. I believe that our efforts in this direction will be continued. Because if the resolution does not directly lead to the settlement of the conflict, we must further strengthen its legal framework. Countries belonging to the organization that I mentioned earlier, the absolute majority of the world community. Thus, the position of the absolute majority of the international community is clear. Azerbaijan's territorial integrity is not in doubt, and the conflict must be resolved only within the framework of territorial integrity of Azerbaijan. We will continue to enhance its political and diplomatic efforts, and will continue to hold Armenia in the isolated state. Its political and regional initiatives, economic initiatives, we must be even more pressure."
Ilham Aliyev said that Azerbaijan's diplomacy on the issue and will continue to be offensive: "Since truth, justice, international law is on our side. I have no doubt that Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity. Along with this, the stronger will be Azerbaijan, the sooner the issue is to be resolved. With this purpose in Azerbaijan as economic reform and the building of the army in the last ten years is a high rate."
President Ilham Aliyev said that the military budget has grown more than 20 times: «The Azerbaijani army is one of the strongest armies in the world. Acquired over the past ten years weapons, ammunition, military equipment has broken the military balance between Armenia and Azerbaijan. Our advantage is measured times. At the same time, over the last ten years was established in Azerbaijan military- industrial complex, which was not in previous years. Today, there are dozens of factories produced military equipment 750 titles. Thus, we create a new production sites and at the same time reducing dependence on foreign arms markets. I believe that in the coming years, we will take another big step for building the army, further strengthen our army. I am confident that these factors, diplomatic efforts and, hopefully, the ratio of the big powers in this matter will lead to solving the problem."
According to the head of state, he has no doubt that Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity: “It is fact that we want to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Of course, this issue must be resolved on the basis of the norms and principles of international law. To have a more powerful army in Azerbaijan and will continue to be pursued economic reforms. "
Related news releases
- 23.05.2017“Peace Ambassador” of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform from Ukraine appointed
- 23.05.2017Polish magazine dedicates article to Khojaly genocide
- 23.05.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to make proposal in relation to Karabakh conflict
- 23.05.2017Armenians warned over planned anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia’s Kursk
- 22.05.2017McAllister: European Parliament not responsible for some MEPs’ visits to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 20.05.2017German FM: CE monitoring instruments’ should have access to Nagorno-Karabakh and seven surrounding regions
- 20.05.2017Armenian soldier violating ceasefire killed
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijani defense ministry comments on video spread by Armenians
- 19.05.2017Association of European Journalists joins to Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 19.05.2017Baku says OSCE MG co-chairs’ latest statement is ‘symptomatic’ in nature
- 19.05.2017The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group released statement on the recent escalation in Nagorno Karabakh conflict zone
- 18.05.2017Moscow urges Karabakh conflict sides to avoid further escalation
- 18.05.201725 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Lachin district by Armenia
- 17.05.2017OSCE chairman to visit South Caucasus – press officer
- 17.05.2017Russian historian: People believe Russia occupied Karabakh and will never admit it
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani Defense Ministry commented on reports that spread on some media about Armenia possible to shoot the helicopter of Defense Minister
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan approves rules for ensuring security in frontline settlements
- 16.05.2017OSCE PA draft resolution urges Karabakh conflict parties to return to negotiation table
- 15.05.2017OSA missile system of Armenia was destroyed
- 14.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.05.2017OSCE MG co-chairs likely to visit the region in coming months
- 12.05.2017Peace ambassador of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform from Russia appointed
- 12.05.2017Listing of people who went missing during Karabakh conflict almost finished
- 12.05.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform members hold meeting
- 10.05.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform presented at int’l forum in Egypt
- 10.05.2017Hoagland: US should play more active role in Karabakh settlement process
- 10.05.2017Hoagland: US, Russia will continue to cooperate on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia's occupation policy is attack not only on Azerbaijan, but also on historical and cultural heritage of Islam
- 10.05.2017OSCE MG US co-chair calls for serious high-level talks on Karabakh conflict
- 10.05.2017ICRC in Nagorno-Karabakh visits Azerbaijani detainees
- 09.05.2017Ambassador: Belarus supports peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 09.05.2017Three Armenian soldiers drown as a result of accident
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijan removes Spanish journalist from ‘black list’
- 08.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Hope France’s efforts to contribute to fair settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijani MP: Great powers can silence Armenia within hours
- 08.05.2017Occupation of Shusha was part of Armenia’s systematic policy of aggression against Azerbaijan – Foreign Ministry
- 07.05.2017Azerbaijan arrests group of servicemen, civilians involved in conspiracy with Armenian intelligence services
- 07.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 121 times
- 06.05.2017Baku says scheme of coordinated actions needed for Armenia’s withdrawal from Azerbaijani lands
- 21.10.2013U.S. Co-chair of OSCE Minsk Group arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.10.2013Azerbaijani Deputy Foreign Minister: “Armenia is not ready for discussions”
- 21.10.2013Araz Azimov: “The OSCE’s failure to accurately assess the contact line incidents is paving the way to the ceasefire violations”
- 19.10.2013Moldovan Human Rights Commissioner faced pressures by Armenians not to run for post of Ombudsman
- 18.10.2013Turkish newspaper “Hurriyyet” shows separatist regime in Nagorno Karabakh as independent state on its website
- 18.10.2013OSCE Minsk Group US co-chair to pay visit to Azerbaijan early next week