Azerbaijani president: Blood of little Zahra and her grandmother avenged
The Azerbaijani army inflicted a crushing blow on the enemy, and the blood of little Zahra and her grandmother were avenged, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state mentioned that an Azerbaijani solider was killed in an Armenian sabotage last month, noting that the army fiercely retaliated against the enemy.
The president regarded the killing of toddler Zahra and her grandmother in an Armenian military provocation in Fuzuli’s Alkhanli village as a war crime.
He stressed that that this crime has exposed the fascist nature of Armenia’s political leadership.
“This is a war crime. This demonstrates Armenian fascism and Armenia received a response for this war crime. This was an unprecedented atrocity. Although Armenia always wants to hide its losses, but can not hide all. The Azerbaijani army inflicted a crushing blow on the enemy. The blood of little Zahra and her grandmother was avenged. So will it always be. What was this crime aimed at? First of all, it shows the evil character of Armenia's political leadership. What else can be expected of a killer of women and children?” said the president.
“Secondly, a meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers was scheduled for July 11. This date was already fixed. However, just recently has it been announced. By committing this provocation, they thought Azerbaijan would reject negotiations. We would have given up if we had not retaliated against them decently. We did respond, punishing the invaders. Then we went into the negotiations. These are the main issues related to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. That is why I say that this year Azerbaijan's positions have grown stronger. The war crime committed in the Alkhanli village has provoked worldwide reaction. That is, Armenia has seen that Azerbaijan has great international support. Our state bodies, embassies, diaspora organizations, public organizations, our friends abroad raised their voices, lead to more hatred towards Armenia’s fascist political leadership,” he added.
The president noted that considerable progress has been made about Azerbaijan’s just stance in respect of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. President Aliyev stressed that the so-called referendum held by the separatist regime early this year was not recognized by the international community.
“By this means, the international community reaffirmed its recognition of Nagorno-Karabakh as Azerbaijan’s integral part,” he added.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Dialogue must be established between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA comments on Armenian president’s congratulatory message to illegal regime in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Erdogan: One of greatest atrocities in human history happened in Khojaly
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister: War may break out at any time
- 19.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 17.02.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 26th anniversary of Garadaghli massacre
- 15.02.2018Moscow says hopes for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.02.2018Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan can be exchanged for Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev – State Commission
- 14.02.2018MFA: Armenia must finally understand that occupation of Azerbaijani lands will never produce desired political outcome
- 14.02.2018Russian musician off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018US Intelligence: Tension over Karabakh could develop into large-scale conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 12.02.2018Bulgaria president: Karabakh conflict can be settled only through peaceful means
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Attempts to change Nagorno-Karabakh’s demographics ‘gross violation’ of int’l humanitarian law
- 11.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 131 times
- 11.02.201826 years pass since occupation of Malibeyli, Gushchular villages of Azerbaijan’s Shusha
- 09.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meets Armenian president
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ presence in Azerbaijani territories remains major cause of non-settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.02.2018EU: Nagorno-Karabakh conflict a ‘very big challenge’
- 09.02.2018Mogherini: EU supports Azerbaijan’s sovereignty and territorial integrity
- 09.02.2018Baku: Nalbandian’s offensive attitude towards UNSC resolutions shows Armenia’s disrespect for UN Charter
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani FM says there is ‘intensity, concrete and logical flow’ in Karabakh talks
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ withdrawal from Azerbaijani territories key to political settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 08.02.2018Armenia becomes a political, economic, energy and transportation dead-end – Azerbaijani president
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia to remain isolated until occupied Azerbaijani lands get liberated
- 08.02.2018Armenian scientist banned from participating in Italy int’l conference for conducting research in Karabakh
- 08.02.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 07.02.2018Intensive talks to continue after presidential elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia – MFA
- 07.02.2018U.S. says will continue efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives OSCE MG co-chairs
- 06.02.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk visits Tartar District Executive Authority
- 04.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 130 times
- 03.02.2018Anti-Azerbaijan provocation prevented during scientific seminar in Moscow
- 02.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Nagorno-Karabakh
- 02.02.2018Foreign Ministry makes statement on scheduled visit of OSCE MG co-chairs to Azerbaijan
- 02.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Armenia on Feb. 7
- 01.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies conditions for increasing number of OSCE observers on contact line of troops
- 01.02.2018Russian FM talks about increasing number of OSCE observers in Karabakh conflict zone
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Karabakh talks resumed without any preconditions
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president calls for soonest resumption of substantive Karabakh talks
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani MPs visit Armenian-shelled Alkhanli village
- 12.07.2017Baku: Mammadyarov, Nalbandian didn’t discuss creating any mechanisms
- 12.07.2017OSCE MG proposes meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 12.07.2017Russia’s Border Service edits info about exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories