Azerbaijani president: Blood of little Zahra and her grandmother avenged
The Azerbaijani army inflicted a crushing blow on the enemy, and the blood of little Zahra and her grandmother were avenged, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state mentioned that an Azerbaijani solider was killed in an Armenian sabotage last month, noting that the army fiercely retaliated against the enemy.
The president regarded the killing of toddler Zahra and her grandmother in an Armenian military provocation in Fuzuli’s Alkhanli village as a war crime.
He stressed that that this crime has exposed the fascist nature of Armenia’s political leadership.
“This is a war crime. This demonstrates Armenian fascism and Armenia received a response for this war crime. This was an unprecedented atrocity. Although Armenia always wants to hide its losses, but can not hide all. The Azerbaijani army inflicted a crushing blow on the enemy. The blood of little Zahra and her grandmother was avenged. So will it always be. What was this crime aimed at? First of all, it shows the evil character of Armenia's political leadership. What else can be expected of a killer of women and children?” said the president.
“Secondly, a meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers was scheduled for July 11. This date was already fixed. However, just recently has it been announced. By committing this provocation, they thought Azerbaijan would reject negotiations. We would have given up if we had not retaliated against them decently. We did respond, punishing the invaders. Then we went into the negotiations. These are the main issues related to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. That is why I say that this year Azerbaijan's positions have grown stronger. The war crime committed in the Alkhanli village has provoked worldwide reaction. That is, Armenia has seen that Azerbaijan has great international support. Our state bodies, embassies, diaspora organizations, public organizations, our friends abroad raised their voices, lead to more hatred towards Armenia’s fascist political leadership,” he added.
The president noted that considerable progress has been made about Azerbaijan’s just stance in respect of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. President Aliyev stressed that the so-called referendum held by the separatist regime early this year was not recognized by the international community.
“By this means, the international community reaffirmed its recognition of Nagorno-Karabakh as Azerbaijan’s integral part,” he added.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017ICRC expresses readiness to facilitate handover of Azerbaijani soldier
- 24.11.2017‘Justice for Khojaly!’ int’l campaign presented in Morocco
- 24.11.2017State Committee: 265 Azerbaijani women went missing during Karabakh conflict
- 24.11.2017“14 Azerbaijani children killed in Armenian terror during ceasefire”
- 23.11.2017Armenian armed forces hold next exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 23.11.2017EU official: Countries affected by conflicts should benefit from EU countries’ experience
- 23.11.2017Zakharova comments on availability of ‘Putin Plan’ for Karabakh settlement
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia wants to keep status-quo for as long as possible
- 23.11.2017Stoltenberg: No military solution to Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 23.11.2017EU supports Minsk Group co-chairs’ efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement, says commissioner
- 23.11.2017Zabelin: Azerbaijan has right to reclaim Karabakh
- 23.11.2017Patriarch Kirill: Religious leaders’ co-op aimed at Karabakh conflict settlement is ‘an example of peacekeeping mission’
- 23.11.2017France does not recognize Nagorno-Karabakh: Foreign Ministry
- 22.11.2017Baku reacts to statement Armenian FM voiced at joint press conference with Russian counterpart
- 22.11.2017Erdogan: Only force that can resolve Karabahk conflict is Russia, Putin
- 22.11.2017Landmine explosion kills 3 Armenian soldiers in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijan summons French envoy over France visit of Karabakh illegal regime’s “head”
- 21.11.2017EU asked not to show different attitudes towards Karabakh and Catalan problems
- 21.11.2017Russian FM: Experience shows Karabakh talks unlikely to end soon
- 21.11.2017Lavrov: Russia will continue efforts to create conditions for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 21.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.11.2017OSCE Secretary General: "We closely monitor the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 20.11.2017Turkish ambassador talks about Erdogan's meeting with Putin
- 20.11.2017UNSC resolutions demanding liberation of Azerbaijani lands under discussion – Russian FM
- 20.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement should be tripled
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: UNSC resolutions to remain in force until implementation
- 20.11.2017Russia will work on peaceful solution acceptable to Karabakh conflict parties – Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Status quo in Karabakh conflict is 'unacceptable and unstable'
- 20.11.2017Novruz Mammadov: Despite provocations of Armenia and its patrons, Azerbaijan doesn’t step back from ‘peace course’
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Deadlock in US-Russia ties doesn’t affect cooperation on Karabakh settlement
- 20.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will avenge child victims of Armenian armed provocations
- 20.11.201726 years pass since Armenia shot down military helicopter with Azerbaijani political elite on board
- 19.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 18.11.2017EU Special Representative for South Caucasus to visit Baku
- 18.11.2017Armenia 123 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 17.11.2017Erdogan: "We discussed Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Putin"
- 16.11.2017Armenia continues military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Following Vienna talks, we’ll offer the presidents to meet - INTERVIEW
- 16.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta reacts to reports on alleged U.S. decision to withdraw from OSCE MG chairmanship
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs agree to meet in Vienna next month
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Karabakh talks resumed without any preconditions
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president calls for soonest resumption of substantive Karabakh talks
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani MPs visit Armenian-shelled Alkhanli village
- 12.07.2017Baku: Mammadyarov, Nalbandian didn’t discuss creating any mechanisms
- 12.07.2017OSCE MG proposes meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 12.07.2017Russia’s Border Service edits info about exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories