Azerbaijani president: Blood of little Zahra and her grandmother avenged
The Azerbaijani army inflicted a crushing blow on the enemy, and the blood of little Zahra and her grandmother were avenged, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state mentioned that an Azerbaijani solider was killed in an Armenian sabotage last month, noting that the army fiercely retaliated against the enemy.
The president regarded the killing of toddler Zahra and her grandmother in an Armenian military provocation in Fuzuli’s Alkhanli village as a war crime.
He stressed that that this crime has exposed the fascist nature of Armenia’s political leadership.
“This is a war crime. This demonstrates Armenian fascism and Armenia received a response for this war crime. This was an unprecedented atrocity. Although Armenia always wants to hide its losses, but can not hide all. The Azerbaijani army inflicted a crushing blow on the enemy. The blood of little Zahra and her grandmother was avenged. So will it always be. What was this crime aimed at? First of all, it shows the evil character of Armenia's political leadership. What else can be expected of a killer of women and children?” said the president.
“Secondly, a meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers was scheduled for July 11. This date was already fixed. However, just recently has it been announced. By committing this provocation, they thought Azerbaijan would reject negotiations. We would have given up if we had not retaliated against them decently. We did respond, punishing the invaders. Then we went into the negotiations. These are the main issues related to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. That is why I say that this year Azerbaijan's positions have grown stronger. The war crime committed in the Alkhanli village has provoked worldwide reaction. That is, Armenia has seen that Azerbaijan has great international support. Our state bodies, embassies, diaspora organizations, public organizations, our friends abroad raised their voices, lead to more hatred towards Armenia’s fascist political leadership,” he added.
The president noted that considerable progress has been made about Azerbaijan’s just stance in respect of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. President Aliyev stressed that the so-called referendum held by the separatist regime early this year was not recognized by the international community.
“By this means, the international community reaffirmed its recognition of Nagorno-Karabakh as Azerbaijan’s integral part,” he added.
Related news releases
- 26.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign ministry, defense ministry issue joint statement
- 25.07.2017Armenia once again used combat UAVs
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia 'uninterested' in negotiated resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 23.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.07.201724 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district by Armenia
- 20.07.2017U.S. Department of State: The U.S. we will not accept the results of the so-called elections in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan says UN support for substantive talks on Karabakh settlement ‘highly appreciated’
- 20.07.2017Moscow: Place of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting not determined
- 19.07.2017Armenian soldier wounded in landmine explosion
- 19.07.2017Armenians set fire to Azerbaijan’s occupied territories
- 19.07.2017Lukashevich: Co-chairs are not wizards, they cannot ensure desired level of security in region
- 19.07.2017Lapshin’s final statement: I feel sorry about what happened
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan says use of water resources as a means of eco terror and pressure is state policy in Armenia
- 19.07.2017Lukashevich: OSCE MG co-chairs prepare for meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in New York
- 19.07.2017Turkey urges Armenia to stop military provocations against Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani FM: Specific plan should be discussed for settling Karabakh conflict
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity supported by whole world
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan says holding illegal presidential election in Nagorno-Karabakh is ‘ridiculous’
- 17.07.2017Russia to be main organizer of planned meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 15.07.2017Azerbaijani MFA responds to European Parliament member who visited Nagorno-Karabakh
- 14.07.2017Armenian woman visits graves of Azerbaijani civilians killed in Alkhanli
- 14.07.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has high hopes for France’s efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan remains committed to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict, says defense minister
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan capable of downing Iskander missiles – defense minister
- 13.07.2017Bahar Muradova: Armenia violated rules of war by committing military provocation in Alkhanli
- 13.07.2017Ambassador: France supports regular negotiations on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 12.07.2017Argentine senator condemns Armenia's military provocation in Azerbaijani village
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani MFA: De-escalating the conflict without withdrawing the Armenian troops from the occupied territories of Azerbaijan would not bring solution to the problem
- 12.07.2017Next meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs to take part in New York
- 11.07.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers starts
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan appeals to Russia in regard to holding of exercises in its occupied territories
- 11.07.2017Chilean senator condemns Armenian military provocation in Azerbaijan’s Alkhanli
- 11.07.2017MEPs criticize Armenian shelling of Azerbaijani civilians
- 11.07.2017Russian, Armenian FMs mull Karabakh peace process
- 11.07.2017Baku: Meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to focus on current state of negotiation process
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Brussels
- 10.07.2017Dmitry Peskov: "We urge all parties to restrain and observe existing agreements"
- 10.07.2017Bundestag MP condemns Armenian atrocity in Fuzuli
- 10.07.2017Tehran: Death of Azerbaijani toddler in latest clashes ‘heartbreaking’
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Karabakh talks resumed without any preconditions
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president calls for soonest resumption of substantive Karabakh talks
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani MPs visit Armenian-shelled Alkhanli village
- 12.07.2017Baku: Mammadyarov, Nalbandian didn’t discuss creating any mechanisms
- 12.07.2017OSCE MG proposes meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 12.07.2017Russia’s Border Service edits info about exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories