Azerbaijani president: Blood of little Zahra and her grandmother avenged
The Azerbaijani army inflicted a crushing blow on the enemy, and the blood of little Zahra and her grandmother were avenged, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state mentioned that an Azerbaijani solider was killed in an Armenian sabotage last month, noting that the army fiercely retaliated against the enemy.
The president regarded the killing of toddler Zahra and her grandmother in an Armenian military provocation in Fuzuli’s Alkhanli village as a war crime.
He stressed that that this crime has exposed the fascist nature of Armenia’s political leadership.
“This is a war crime. This demonstrates Armenian fascism and Armenia received a response for this war crime. This was an unprecedented atrocity. Although Armenia always wants to hide its losses, but can not hide all. The Azerbaijani army inflicted a crushing blow on the enemy. The blood of little Zahra and her grandmother was avenged. So will it always be. What was this crime aimed at? First of all, it shows the evil character of Armenia's political leadership. What else can be expected of a killer of women and children?” said the president.
“Secondly, a meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers was scheduled for July 11. This date was already fixed. However, just recently has it been announced. By committing this provocation, they thought Azerbaijan would reject negotiations. We would have given up if we had not retaliated against them decently. We did respond, punishing the invaders. Then we went into the negotiations. These are the main issues related to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. That is why I say that this year Azerbaijan's positions have grown stronger. The war crime committed in the Alkhanli village has provoked worldwide reaction. That is, Armenia has seen that Azerbaijan has great international support. Our state bodies, embassies, diaspora organizations, public organizations, our friends abroad raised their voices, lead to more hatred towards Armenia’s fascist political leadership,” he added.
The president noted that considerable progress has been made about Azerbaijan’s just stance in respect of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. President Aliyev stressed that the so-called referendum held by the separatist regime early this year was not recognized by the international community.
“By this means, the international community reaffirmed its recognition of Nagorno-Karabakh as Azerbaijan’s integral part,” he added.
Related news releases
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev calls Armenia ‘occupier’ at UN
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan says US congressmen’s illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh is being investigated
- 20.09.2017EU says it’s closely following Karabakh settlement process
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia tries to associate other countries with illegal occupation
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan urges OIC countries to limit all forms of co-op with Armenia
- 20.09.2017OIC Contact Group mulls Armenia’s aggression against Azerbaijan at UN
- 20.09.2017Turkish president: “We need to work harder for the resolution of Nagorno Garabakh” - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs expected to meet on Sept. 23 - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017US co-chair says he hopes meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs will create a basis for presidents’ meeting
- 18.09.2017ICRC: Issue of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev in spotlight
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan says it will never allow another Armenian state to be created in its sovereign territory
- 17.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 144 times
- 16.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 148 times
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan’s painful Karabakh problem is also Turkey’s problem – envoy
- 15.09.2017"France always sensitive about Karabakh conflict settlement process"
- 14.09.2017MP: Important to establish dialogue between Azerbaijani, Armenian youth within CIS
- 14.09.2017Farhad Badalbayli: Creation of OSCE Minsk Group was ‘biggest mistake’
- 14.09.2017Russian expert believes Karabakh conflict hinders strengthening of Moscow-Baku co-op
- 13.09.2017Turkish envoy: April battles showed what Azerbaijan is capable of doing
- 10.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 96 times
- 09.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade: “We offered to hold meeting of religious leaders on the Azerbaijan-Armenia border” - INTERVIEW
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Karabakh conflict ‘a major threat’ to regional peace, security
- 08.09.2017Patriarch Kirill: Current situation on Karabakh conflict cannot be considered acceptable
- 08.09.2017Armenians again set fire to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 08.09.2017US to allocate $1.5 mln for demining operations in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 06.09.2017Armenians resort to provocation against Azerbaijan at int’l book fair in Moscow
- 06.09.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform represented in economic forum in Poland
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian FMs adopts Baku statement
- 03.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 01.09.2017Serzh Sargsyan attends inauguration of highway in Azerbaijan’s occupied district.
- 01.09.2017Armenian soldier killed in landmine explosion in Nagorno Karabakh
- 31.08.2017Moscow: No information about next meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 31.08.2017Nothing new in Hoagland’s latest statement: Russian MFA
- 31.08.2017Azerbaijan accuses Armenia of provocation ahead of ministerial meeting on Karabakh settlement
- 31.08.2017FM: Armenian army presence in Azerbaijani territories major impediment to Karabakh conflict settlement
- 31.08.2017Azerbaijan says Canadian MP’s illegal Karabakh visit is another provocation of Armenia
- 31.08.2017Twenty-four years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Gubadli district by Armenia
- 30.08.2017ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 30.08.2017New US co-chair of OSCE MG says he would like to see Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet at soonest opportunity
- 30.08.2017Armenian MPs to attend Euronest PA conference in Baku - UPDATED
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Karabakh talks resumed without any preconditions
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president calls for soonest resumption of substantive Karabakh talks
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani MPs visit Armenian-shelled Alkhanli village
- 12.07.2017Baku: Mammadyarov, Nalbandian didn’t discuss creating any mechanisms
- 12.07.2017OSCE MG proposes meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 12.07.2017Russia’s Border Service edits info about exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories