Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijan will never allow the establishment of the second fictitious Armenian state on its historical territory"
Baku- APA. "Unfortunately, there is no any progress in the fundamental issue of our foreign policy - the Armenian- Azerbaijani Nagorno- Karabakh conflict. During the year, the Armenian side is re-chose delaying tactics negotiation process under various pretexts”, - Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said it at the meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers to discuss results of the Azerbaijan’s socio-economic development in 2013 and outline tasks for 2014.
“There was no any progress in the negotiations during the year, reigned stagnation. Just at the end, there was some recovery”, - the president said.
The Head of the State noted that if Armenia demonstrates a constructive attitude in resolving the issue, in the short term it will be possible to reach an agreement: "There is some hope, some optimistic moments, but in 2014 we will study it. Anyway, in 2014, the true intention of Armenia fully clarified. Frankly, the reporting period does not give grounds for optimism, as Armenia during the entire negotiation process demonstrated unconstructive position, the tactics of delaying and thus led the negotiations in a paralyzed state."
According to President Ilham Aliyev if Armenia will prevail realistic approaches, in a short time can be achieved promotion in connection with the conflict: “A realistic approach must be based on reality, the ratio of real power. The growing power of Azerbaijan also plays and will play a role here. If today is a comparison between Armenia and Azerbaijan, our advantage openly manifested in all areas. Our state budget is 10 times as much as the state budget of Armenia. Gross domestic product of more than 8 times the population - 6 times. Our full potential is growing and Armenia is experiencing extremely difficult, both economic and demographic situation. I can say that it is experiencing a demographic disaster, and this is confirmed by the authorities in Armenia. Therefore, if the Armenian leadership to seriously approach the issue, and give preference to the interests of the Armenian state, it is acutely aware that in order to then compete with Azerbaijan they do not have the capacity or potential."
"I do not believe that relying solely on foreign aid makes a lot of honor to any country. Every country in all cases must seek to protect their independence, their choice, think about the future of their state. In any case, the balance of forces very seriously changed in favor of Azerbaijan. I said, expressed his thoughts about it 5-6 years ago. We have been able to achieve this, and thereafter Azerbaijani state will undoubtedly further strengthen their advantage", - said the Head of State.
President Ilham Aliyev expressed hope for positive change in the negotiation process: "International mediators are trying to achive progress. But I must mention that their activity has not given any results. It is also a reality. We hear positive statements intermediaries, the heads of their states. Including should be noted that in the joint statements of Heads of State of the OSCE Minsk Group said about the unacceptability of the status quo. This is a very positive thing. At the same time they constantly repeat that there is no alternative to negotiations. You know, in today's world in any field there are enough alternatives. We simply want this issue to be resolved peacefully."
Noting that Azerbaijan demonstrates constructive position, the President expressed the hope that the mediators will play an even more active role in the negotiation process, "Just Armenia must fulfill four UN Security Council resolutions, to withdraw from the occupied territories and the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan must be restored. Principles of the agreement are to it."
The head of state said that Azerbaijan will never allow that on his historic land creation of a second Armenian state: “The question should be and will be resolved within the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan. I do not doubt it, and to achieve this we are going to continue to negotiate, but we will increase and its power."
Noting the growing military power of the country, President Ilham Aliyev said that in 2013 were important steps associated with the construction of the army: "We started very serious reforms. These reforms are producing results. Increasing our combat capability, in 2014 it has largely increased. I should note that our military potential held in army reform, new principles, new approaches related to combat tactics, promote the emergence of a completely new situation. If we consider that in recent years, Azerbaijan has purchased a large amount of weapons and ammunition, equipment - the most modern technique - that our combat capability largely increases, increases, which would have only a positive impact on the negotiation process."
"Sometimes the structure is not related to this issue or policy; bring grist to the mill of Armenia, trying to criticize us, they say, why Azerbaijan increases its military budget. And they say they are representatives of the countries military budget reached the heavens. It is our natural right; we raise and will improve its military capabilities. Our military power play a crucial role in a just settlement of the Nagorno -Karabakh conflict in accordance with international standards. Today we create a powerful army. Our army is one of the strongest in the world. Of course, the construction of the army will continue”, - said the president.
Referring to solve compatriots affected by the Armenian occupation, Ilham Aliyev said that last year 20,000 persons were resettled in new houses, apartments: "This year is also planned relocation to new homes, at least 20,000 persons. In fact, during the year we create a city and will continue this policy, as long as there is still quite a lot of a displaced person living in harsh conditions in schools, kindergartens, on the territory of military units in the dorms. This process is also already begun and will continue."
Related news releases
- 23.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.07.201724 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district by Armenia
- 20.07.2017U.S. Department of State: The U.S. we will not accept the results of the so-called elections in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan says UN support for substantive talks on Karabakh settlement ‘highly appreciated’
- 20.07.2017Moscow: Place of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting not determined
- 19.07.2017Armenian soldier wounded in landmine explosion
- 19.07.2017Armenians set fire to Azerbaijan’s occupied territories
- 19.07.2017Lukashevich: Co-chairs are not wizards, they cannot ensure desired level of security in region
- 19.07.2017Lapshin’s final statement: I feel sorry about what happened
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan says use of water resources as a means of eco terror and pressure is state policy in Armenia
- 19.07.2017Lukashevich: OSCE MG co-chairs prepare for meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in New York
- 19.07.2017Turkey urges Armenia to stop military provocations against Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani FM: Specific plan should be discussed for settling Karabakh conflict
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity supported by whole world
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan says holding illegal presidential election in Nagorno-Karabakh is ‘ridiculous’
- 17.07.2017Russia to be main organizer of planned meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 15.07.2017Azerbaijani MFA responds to European Parliament member who visited Nagorno-Karabakh
- 14.07.2017Armenian woman visits graves of Azerbaijani civilians killed in Alkhanli
- 14.07.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has high hopes for France’s efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan remains committed to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict, says defense minister
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan capable of downing Iskander missiles – defense minister
- 13.07.2017Bahar Muradova: Armenia violated rules of war by committing military provocation in Alkhanli
- 13.07.2017Ambassador: France supports regular negotiations on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani MPs visit Armenian-shelled Alkhanli village
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president calls for soonest resumption of substantive Karabakh talks
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Karabakh talks resumed without any preconditions
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Blood of little Zahra and her grandmother avenged
- 12.07.2017Baku: Mammadyarov, Nalbandian didn’t discuss creating any mechanisms
- 12.07.2017OSCE MG proposes meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 12.07.2017Russia’s Border Service edits info about exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 12.07.2017Argentine senator condemns Armenia's military provocation in Azerbaijani village
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani MFA: De-escalating the conflict without withdrawing the Armenian troops from the occupied territories of Azerbaijan would not bring solution to the problem
- 12.07.2017Next meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs to take part in New York
- 11.07.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers starts
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan appeals to Russia in regard to holding of exercises in its occupied territories
- 11.07.2017Chilean senator condemns Armenian military provocation in Azerbaijan’s Alkhanli
- 11.07.2017MEPs criticize Armenian shelling of Azerbaijani civilians
- 11.07.2017Russian, Armenian FMs mull Karabakh peace process
- 11.07.2017Baku: Meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to focus on current state of negotiation process
- 11.01.2014Armenians violate ceasefire in Tovuz and Khojavend directions
- 11.01.2014Armenians violate ceasefire in Tovuz and Khojavend directions
- 13.01.2014Number of Azerbaijani servicemen killed in first Karabakh war made public - EXCLUSIVE
- 09.01.2014Armenians’ attempts to achieve recognition of Nagorno Karabakh as independent state in U.S. to be raised at OSCE PA
- 08.01.2014Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers to meet in Paris
- 06.01.2014Karabakh Liberation Organization (KLO) sends letter of protest to Chinese President over military assistance to Armenia