Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijan will never allow the establishment of the second fictitious Armenian state on its historical territory"
Baku- APA. "Unfortunately, there is no any progress in the fundamental issue of our foreign policy - the Armenian- Azerbaijani Nagorno- Karabakh conflict. During the year, the Armenian side is re-chose delaying tactics negotiation process under various pretexts”, - Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said it at the meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers to discuss results of the Azerbaijan’s socio-economic development in 2013 and outline tasks for 2014.
“There was no any progress in the negotiations during the year, reigned stagnation. Just at the end, there was some recovery”, - the president said.
The Head of the State noted that if Armenia demonstrates a constructive attitude in resolving the issue, in the short term it will be possible to reach an agreement: "There is some hope, some optimistic moments, but in 2014 we will study it. Anyway, in 2014, the true intention of Armenia fully clarified. Frankly, the reporting period does not give grounds for optimism, as Armenia during the entire negotiation process demonstrated unconstructive position, the tactics of delaying and thus led the negotiations in a paralyzed state."
According to President Ilham Aliyev if Armenia will prevail realistic approaches, in a short time can be achieved promotion in connection with the conflict: “A realistic approach must be based on reality, the ratio of real power. The growing power of Azerbaijan also plays and will play a role here. If today is a comparison between Armenia and Azerbaijan, our advantage openly manifested in all areas. Our state budget is 10 times as much as the state budget of Armenia. Gross domestic product of more than 8 times the population - 6 times. Our full potential is growing and Armenia is experiencing extremely difficult, both economic and demographic situation. I can say that it is experiencing a demographic disaster, and this is confirmed by the authorities in Armenia. Therefore, if the Armenian leadership to seriously approach the issue, and give preference to the interests of the Armenian state, it is acutely aware that in order to then compete with Azerbaijan they do not have the capacity or potential."
"I do not believe that relying solely on foreign aid makes a lot of honor to any country. Every country in all cases must seek to protect their independence, their choice, think about the future of their state. In any case, the balance of forces very seriously changed in favor of Azerbaijan. I said, expressed his thoughts about it 5-6 years ago. We have been able to achieve this, and thereafter Azerbaijani state will undoubtedly further strengthen their advantage", - said the Head of State.
President Ilham Aliyev expressed hope for positive change in the negotiation process: "International mediators are trying to achive progress. But I must mention that their activity has not given any results. It is also a reality. We hear positive statements intermediaries, the heads of their states. Including should be noted that in the joint statements of Heads of State of the OSCE Minsk Group said about the unacceptability of the status quo. This is a very positive thing. At the same time they constantly repeat that there is no alternative to negotiations. You know, in today's world in any field there are enough alternatives. We simply want this issue to be resolved peacefully."
Noting that Azerbaijan demonstrates constructive position, the President expressed the hope that the mediators will play an even more active role in the negotiation process, "Just Armenia must fulfill four UN Security Council resolutions, to withdraw from the occupied territories and the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan must be restored. Principles of the agreement are to it."
The head of state said that Azerbaijan will never allow that on his historic land creation of a second Armenian state: “The question should be and will be resolved within the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan. I do not doubt it, and to achieve this we are going to continue to negotiate, but we will increase and its power."
Noting the growing military power of the country, President Ilham Aliyev said that in 2013 were important steps associated with the construction of the army: "We started very serious reforms. These reforms are producing results. Increasing our combat capability, in 2014 it has largely increased. I should note that our military potential held in army reform, new principles, new approaches related to combat tactics, promote the emergence of a completely new situation. If we consider that in recent years, Azerbaijan has purchased a large amount of weapons and ammunition, equipment - the most modern technique - that our combat capability largely increases, increases, which would have only a positive impact on the negotiation process."
"Sometimes the structure is not related to this issue or policy; bring grist to the mill of Armenia, trying to criticize us, they say, why Azerbaijan increases its military budget. And they say they are representatives of the countries military budget reached the heavens. It is our natural right; we raise and will improve its military capabilities. Our military power play a crucial role in a just settlement of the Nagorno -Karabakh conflict in accordance with international standards. Today we create a powerful army. Our army is one of the strongest in the world. Of course, the construction of the army will continue”, - said the president.
Referring to solve compatriots affected by the Armenian occupation, Ilham Aliyev said that last year 20,000 persons were resettled in new houses, apartments: "This year is also planned relocation to new homes, at least 20,000 persons. In fact, during the year we create a city and will continue this policy, as long as there is still quite a lot of a displaced person living in harsh conditions in schools, kindergartens, on the territory of military units in the dorms. This process is also already begun and will continue."
Related news releases
- 23.05.2017“Peace Ambassador” of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform from Ukraine appointed
- 23.05.2017Polish magazine dedicates article to Khojaly genocide
- 23.05.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to make proposal in relation to Karabakh conflict
- 23.05.2017Armenians warned over planned anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia’s Kursk
- 22.05.2017McAllister: European Parliament not responsible for some MEPs’ visits to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 20.05.2017German FM: CE monitoring instruments’ should have access to Nagorno-Karabakh and seven surrounding regions
- 20.05.2017Armenian soldier violating ceasefire killed
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijani defense ministry comments on video spread by Armenians
- 19.05.2017Association of European Journalists joins to Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 19.05.2017Baku says OSCE MG co-chairs’ latest statement is ‘symptomatic’ in nature
- 19.05.2017The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group released statement on the recent escalation in Nagorno Karabakh conflict zone
- 18.05.2017Moscow urges Karabakh conflict sides to avoid further escalation
- 18.05.201725 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Lachin district by Armenia
- 17.05.2017OSCE chairman to visit South Caucasus – press officer
- 17.05.2017Russian historian: People believe Russia occupied Karabakh and will never admit it
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani Defense Ministry commented on reports that spread on some media about Armenia possible to shoot the helicopter of Defense Minister
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan approves rules for ensuring security in frontline settlements
- 16.05.2017OSCE PA draft resolution urges Karabakh conflict parties to return to negotiation table
- 15.05.2017OSA missile system of Armenia was destroyed
- 14.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.05.2017OSCE MG co-chairs likely to visit the region in coming months
- 12.05.2017Peace ambassador of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform from Russia appointed
- 12.05.2017Listing of people who went missing during Karabakh conflict almost finished
- 12.05.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform members hold meeting
- 10.05.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform presented at int’l forum in Egypt
- 10.05.2017Hoagland: US should play more active role in Karabakh settlement process
- 10.05.2017Hoagland: US, Russia will continue to cooperate on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia's occupation policy is attack not only on Azerbaijan, but also on historical and cultural heritage of Islam
- 10.05.2017OSCE MG US co-chair calls for serious high-level talks on Karabakh conflict
- 10.05.2017ICRC in Nagorno-Karabakh visits Azerbaijani detainees
- 09.05.2017Ambassador: Belarus supports peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 09.05.2017Three Armenian soldiers drown as a result of accident
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijan removes Spanish journalist from ‘black list’
- 08.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Hope France’s efforts to contribute to fair settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijani MP: Great powers can silence Armenia within hours
- 08.05.2017Occupation of Shusha was part of Armenia’s systematic policy of aggression against Azerbaijan – Foreign Ministry
- 07.05.2017Azerbaijan arrests group of servicemen, civilians involved in conspiracy with Armenian intelligence services
- 07.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 121 times
- 06.05.2017Baku says scheme of coordinated actions needed for Armenia’s withdrawal from Azerbaijani lands
- 11.01.2014Armenians violate ceasefire in Tovuz and Khojavend directions
- 11.01.2014Armenians violate ceasefire in Tovuz and Khojavend directions
- 13.01.2014Number of Azerbaijani servicemen killed in first Karabakh war made public - EXCLUSIVE
- 09.01.2014Armenians’ attempts to achieve recognition of Nagorno Karabakh as independent state in U.S. to be raised at OSCE PA
- 08.01.2014Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers to meet in Paris
- 06.01.2014Karabakh Liberation Organization (KLO) sends letter of protest to Chinese President over military assistance to Armenia