Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
The Permanent Mission of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the OSCE clarified the allegations surfaced in the Armenian media claiming that at the initiative of the agents of the unlawful separatist regime established in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan a so-called “statement” was disseminated as an “official document” in the Organization of Security and Cooperation in Europe, APA reports.
The Missions notes that in line with the established practice within the OSCE, the Secretariat of the Organization distributes at the request of any participating state any document received from that State without altering its content.
“The Delegation of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the OSCE on a number of occasions has raised this issue with the Secretariat and the Secretary-General of the Organization, drawing their attention to the inadmissibility of allowing Armenia to abuse the OSCE Document Distribution Centre for promoting its annexationist aspirations with regard to the territories it has captured through military force and where it has carried out ethnic cleansing on a massive scale, in violation of the OSCE principles and commitments set forth in the Helsinki Final Act and the OSCE documents and decisions,” reads the statement of the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
As a result of negotiations with the Secretary General, the OSCE Secretariat distributed among the participating States a Note Verbale, in which it restated the official policy of the organization that the Secretariat carries no responsibility for the content of the documents received for distribution as set out documents agreed by OSCE participating States. The sole responsibility for the content of a document rests with the participating State, requesting distribution of a document.
The OSCE as an inter-governmental organization carries out the consensus-based decisions and exercises collective will of all 57 participating States. Only consensus documents reflect the position of the Organization.
“Consequently, dissemination of the above-mentioned “statement” is irrelevant and has no effect whatsoever on the declared OSCE position with regard to the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict, reflected in the relevant OSCE documents and decisions adopted by consensus since early 1990s, which underlined the respect for the inviolability of all borders, whether internal or external and unequivocally recognized that the Nagorno-Karabakh region is part of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Furthermore, the participating States in the Budapest summit decision of the 1994 confirmed their commitment to the relevant resolutions of the United Nations Security Council, which inter alia, condemned the use of force against Azerbaijan and the occupation of its territories; reaffirmed the sovereignty and the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and the inviolability of its internationally recognized border; reaffirmed that the Nagorno Karabakh region is part of Azerbaijan and called for immediate, complete and unconditional withdrawal of the occupying forces from all occupied territories of Azerbaijan,” reads the statement.
Related news releases
- 18.06.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Manvel Grigoryan participated in Khojaly genocide and other war crimes
- 17.06.2018News about the alleged flights of "fighter aircraft" of Armenia over Khankendi – the next information adventurism of the enemy
- 17.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 83 times
- 15.06.2018Zakharova: Creating favorable atmosphere key to resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.06.2018Kremlin: Too early to talk about further Aliyev-Pashinyan meetings
- 15.06.2018Separatist Nagorno-Karabakh regime's ex-minister of defense released
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in near future: OSCE MG co-chairs
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani official calls Armenian president’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh illegal
- 13.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The visit of the Armenian president to the Kalbajar region is a provocation"
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meet Armenian PM
- 13.06.2018Armenian president visits occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs arrive in Armenia
- 12.06.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to keep increasing its defense capability as long as Armenia continues occupation policy
- 11.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The statements of the Armenian FM confirm that Armenia is a party to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 10.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 144 times
- 09.06.2018MEP: I and my group will never pay illegal visit to Nagorno Karabakh
- 09.06.2018MP: Liberation of occupied lands in Nakhchivan is triumph of Azerbaijani president’s policy
- 09.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: I hope ACRE will adequately assess fact of occupation of Azerbaijani lands
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Army liberated over 11 thousand hectares of land in Nakhchivan
- 08.06.2018OSCE representatives visit Tartar district executive authority
- 07.06.2018Russian FM responds to Armenian PM’s idea that Nagorno-Karabakh should join negotiations as a party
- 07.06.2018Russia says will continue to help sides find solution to Karabakh conflict
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry responds to Armenian PM’s statement
- 07.06.2018Popov: OSCE MG co-chairs’ planned visit to Armenia aims to hold talks with new gov’t
- 07.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "I hope that the new leadership of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous government"
- 06.06.2018Australian Senate expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 05.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Armenia on June 13
- 03.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 82 times
- 01.06.2018Russian Foreign Ministry considers Pashinyan’s statement on settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict unconstructive
- 01.06.2018Oettinger: Karabakh conflict settlement ‘impossible’ without Russia
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev and Nikol Pashinyan can meet in coming weeks – Armenian FM
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Destruction of Azerbaijan’s historical, religious monuments by Armenia is unprecedented vandalism
- 30.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh conflict to be discussed at OSCE PA session
- 29.05.2018Baku: Armenian soldiers' shooting at Azerbaijani civilians shows inadmissibility of status quo
- 29.05.2018Agricultural machinery in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli hit by multiple bullets during Armenian shelling
- 28.05.2018President: Only way for Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement is restoration of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 28.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's 50 strongest armies
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani, French FMs discuss Karabakh conflict settlement
- 27.05.2018French FM: France helping to find a peaceful resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 27.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’