Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
The Permanent Mission of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the OSCE clarified the allegations surfaced in the Armenian media claiming that at the initiative of the agents of the unlawful separatist regime established in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan a so-called “statement” was disseminated as an “official document” in the Organization of Security and Cooperation in Europe, APA reports.
The Missions notes that in line with the established practice within the OSCE, the Secretariat of the Organization distributes at the request of any participating state any document received from that State without altering its content.
“The Delegation of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the OSCE on a number of occasions has raised this issue with the Secretariat and the Secretary-General of the Organization, drawing their attention to the inadmissibility of allowing Armenia to abuse the OSCE Document Distribution Centre for promoting its annexationist aspirations with regard to the territories it has captured through military force and where it has carried out ethnic cleansing on a massive scale, in violation of the OSCE principles and commitments set forth in the Helsinki Final Act and the OSCE documents and decisions,” reads the statement of the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
As a result of negotiations with the Secretary General, the OSCE Secretariat distributed among the participating States a Note Verbale, in which it restated the official policy of the organization that the Secretariat carries no responsibility for the content of the documents received for distribution as set out documents agreed by OSCE participating States. The sole responsibility for the content of a document rests with the participating State, requesting distribution of a document.
The OSCE as an inter-governmental organization carries out the consensus-based decisions and exercises collective will of all 57 participating States. Only consensus documents reflect the position of the Organization.
“Consequently, dissemination of the above-mentioned “statement” is irrelevant and has no effect whatsoever on the declared OSCE position with regard to the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict, reflected in the relevant OSCE documents and decisions adopted by consensus since early 1990s, which underlined the respect for the inviolability of all borders, whether internal or external and unequivocally recognized that the Nagorno-Karabakh region is part of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Furthermore, the participating States in the Budapest summit decision of the 1994 confirmed their commitment to the relevant resolutions of the United Nations Security Council, which inter alia, condemned the use of force against Azerbaijan and the occupation of its territories; reaffirmed the sovereignty and the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and the inviolability of its internationally recognized border; reaffirmed that the Nagorno Karabakh region is part of Azerbaijan and called for immediate, complete and unconditional withdrawal of the occupying forces from all occupied territories of Azerbaijan,” reads the statement.
Related news releases
- 22.03.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: Armenia abuses water as means of ‘ecological terror’
- 22.03.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: Int’l community witnessed Armenia’s invasion policy once again
- 22.03.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 101 times
- 20.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Large part of present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Those responsible for Khojaly genocide still enjoy impunity
- 27.02.2018Requiem concert dedicated to Khojaly genocide held in Amsterdam
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by Rossiya-24 correspondent
- 26.02.2018Russian lawmaker urges world community to condemn Khojaly genocide
- 26.02.2018Film on Khojaly genocide screened on California’s TV channels
- 26.02.2018Turkish Foreign Ministry strongly condemns Khojaly massacre
- 26.02.2018Khojaly commemorative event held in Chicago
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’