Azerbaijani ombudsperson briefs Crans Montana Forum on Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
The 28th Annual Session of the Crans Montana Forum was held in Barcelona, Spain on July 5-8.
Azerbaijan’s Human Rights Commissioner (Ombudsperson) Elmira Suleymanova also took part in the session, the Ombudsperson’s Office told APA.
Suleymanova delivered a report at a plenary meeting on migration crisis, held within the framework of the annual session.
Speaking about the 15-year successful activity of the Ombudsperson’s Office in Azerbaijan, she noted that all necessary measures were taken in the country in order to protect the rights of different population groups, including refugees, IDPs and migrants.
The ombudsperson then referred to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, stressing that Armenian armed forces continue violating the ceasefire regime.
She said that the 25 year-long Armenian aggression claimed the lives of thousands of Azerbaijani civilians. Suleymanova pointed out that Armenians completely destroyed all historical, religious and cultural monuments in the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
The ombudsperson also briefed the session participants on the killing of Sahiba Guliyeva and her two-year-old granddaughter Zahra Guliyeva due to Armenian shelling of the civilian population of the Alkhanli village in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district.
Later, the Azerbaijani ombudsman’s statement in English, with photos of the killed two-year-old Zahra and her grandmother attached to it, was distributed among the session participants.
Meetings were held with the presidents of several countries participating in the forum, officials, journalists, etc.
Then, some participants of the Crans-Montana Forum annual session were awarded gold medals and certificates. One of these awards was presented to Ramil Hasanov, the secretary general of the Coordination Council of Turkic-speaking countries.
On July 4 at about 20:40 (GMT+4 hours), the Armenian armed forces, using 82-mm and 120-mm mortars and grenade launchers, shelled the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district. As a result of this provocation, the residents of the village Sahiba Allahverdiyeva, 50, and Zahra Guliyeva, 2, were killed. Salminaz Guliyeva, 52, was injured.
Related news releases
- 20.05.2018A serviceman of the Azerbaijan Army was killed as a result of another provocation of Armenia
- 20.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 93 times
- 18.05.201826 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Lachin district by Armenia
- 17.05.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region next month
- 17.05.2018Baku: It’s time for Armenian MFA to change ‘same old song’
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on 26th anniversary of occupation of Lachin by Armenia
- 16.05.2018Crisis Group expert: New gov’t in Armenia opens up new opportunities for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 16.05.2018Armenia’s occupation policy hinders peace in region: Azerbaijani parl’t speaker
- 15.05.2018OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs issue statement on Paris meeting
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan reiterates readiness to intensify talks for early settlement of Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 14.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov to discuss Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict with OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs
- 14.05.2018FM: Resettlement of Syrian Armenians in occupied Azerbaijani territories ‘unacceptable’
- 14.05.2018Armenia-Azerbaiajn Peace Platform holds meeting
- 13.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 12.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: If Pashinyan does not understand need for fair settlement of conflict, this is beginning of his tragedy
- 12.05.201824 years pass since declaration of ceasefire between Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Tigran Balayan trying to be extra active seeking promotion in new Armenian gov’t
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan slams Pashinyan’s proposal to accept separatist Karabakh regime as party in talks
- 10.05.2018Pashinyan’s statements contradict negotiation principles, says Azerbaijani diplomat
- 10.05.2018Bayram Safarov: Pashinyan will someday regret that he visited Shusha
- 09.05.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: The new Prime Minister of Armenia makes controversial statements about the negotiation process
- 09.05.2018Armenia’s new PM visits occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan allows some foreign media representatives to visit Nagorno-Karabakh
- 08.05.2018Six foreigners attempt to trespass Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 08.05.2018Pashinyan says ready for talks with Azerbaijan on Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.2018“Serzh Sargsyan's resignation was overdue”
- 08.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh is not disputed territory, Azerbaijan says
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijan says Armenia’s position impedes political settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.201826 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan's Shusha city by Armenia
- 07.05.2018Deputy parliament speaker: Nagorno-Karabakh population would have been better off now had they not revolted against Azerbaijan
- 06.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 82 times
- 04.05.2018Russian MFA comments on possible impact of Armenian political turmoil on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 03.05.2018Crisis Group: Armenia’s political fragility could contribute to escalation of conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh
- 29.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 87 times
- 27.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 26.04.2018Moscow hopes for resumption of talks on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.04.2018Shahbaz Guliyev taken hostage by Armenia sends video message to his family
- 25.04.2018Turkish president calls for settlement of Karabakh conflict in line with int’l law
- 25.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 24.04.2018Andrew Schofer: U.S. continues to strongly support negotiated settlement to Karabakh conflict
- 08.07.2017Spanish newspaper 'La Razon' publishes article on killing of 2-year-old Zahra
- 09.07.2017Armenians set fire in occupied villages of Agdam region of Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 109 times
- 08.07.2017German MP calls for implementation of UNSC resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 07.07.2017TEAS director sends letters to world’s famous editions over Armenian atrocities in Fuzuli
- 07.07.2017French senator reacts to Armenian atrocities in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli