Azerbaijani MPs propose to erect ‘Genocide Memorial’ in Alley of Martyrs
The MP underlined the importance of shooting a feature film in terms of conveying to the international community the truth about the Khojaly genocide. “For example, I want to recall the film “The Pianist” that contributed to the delivery to the world the realities of the Holocaust,” she said.
MP Rafael Jabrayilov in his speech expressed support for his colleague’s opinions, stressing the need to erect a magnificent genocide memorial complex in the Alley of Martyrs in Baku.
He recalled that the Khojaly tragedy was assessed as an act of genocide by the Azerbaijani parliament’s decisions.
The speaker pointed out that the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, parliaments of a number of countries have officially recognized the Khojaly genocide, and 21 U.S. states have passed appropriate resolutions and decisions up to the present day.
According to him, Azerbaijani MPs will attend several events abroad to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Khojaly genocide.
“Azerbaijan will never reconcile with the occupation of its territories. The perpetrators of atrocities against the Azerbaijani people will be punished,” the speaker pledged.
Deputy Executive Secretary of New Azerbaijan Party, MP Siyavush Novruzov called on local law-enforcement authorities to initiate in absentia criminal proceedings against the perpetrators of the Khojaly genocide.
“Some of them have already pleaded guilty on the UN tribune. Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan is one of them. Does it need any further acknowledgement?” said Novruzov. “Armenia's “great intellectual” Zori Balayan noted that he enjoyed children’s being killed and burnt. Why should we wait for their explanation and acknowledgement? They should be arrested and brought to Azerbaijan. We should issue an international arrest warrant via Interpol.”
MP Parvin Karimzade in his speech said that the concept of an international crime was formed in 1976 and genocide is recognized as an international crime.
The MP, referring to relevant UN resolutions, said that the Khojaly genocide is an international crime.
Related news releases
- 29.05.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform issues statement on Vahan Martirosyan
- 28.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours
- 26.05.2017lham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s principled stance on Karabakh conflict remains unchanged
- 26.05.2017Igor Popov: No one had expected progress from Moscow ministerial meeting on Karabakh conflict - INTERVIEW
- 26.05.2017Ambassador: Argentina ready to assist efforts to find peaceful solution to Karabakh conflict
- 25.05.2017EU: Status quo in Karabakh is fragile
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan’s honored journalist joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 25.05.2017Armenians set fire to occupied Azerbaijani village
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani FM: UN resolutions are basis for settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan to appeal to int'l organizations over planned flights from Khojaly airport
- 23.05.2017“Peace Ambassador” of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform from Ukraine appointed
- 23.05.2017Polish magazine dedicates article to Khojaly genocide
- 23.05.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to make proposal in relation to Karabakh conflict
- 23.05.2017Armenians warned over planned anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia’s Kursk
- 22.05.2017McAllister: European Parliament not responsible for some MEPs’ visits to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 20.05.2017German FM: CE monitoring instruments’ should have access to Nagorno-Karabakh and seven surrounding regions
- 20.05.2017Armenian soldier violating ceasefire killed
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijani defense ministry comments on video spread by Armenians
- 19.05.2017Association of European Journalists joins to Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 19.05.2017Baku says OSCE MG co-chairs’ latest statement is ‘symptomatic’ in nature
- 19.05.2017The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group released statement on the recent escalation in Nagorno Karabakh conflict zone
- 18.05.2017Moscow urges Karabakh conflict sides to avoid further escalation
- 18.05.201725 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Lachin district by Armenia
- 17.05.2017OSCE chairman to visit South Caucasus – press officer
- 17.05.2017Russian historian: People believe Russia occupied Karabakh and will never admit it
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani Defense Ministry commented on reports that spread on some media about Armenia possible to shoot the helicopter of Defense Minister
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan approves rules for ensuring security in frontline settlements
- 16.05.2017OSCE PA draft resolution urges Karabakh conflict parties to return to negotiation table
- 15.05.2017OSA missile system of Armenia was destroyed
- 14.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.05.2017OSCE MG co-chairs likely to visit the region in coming months
- 12.05.2017Peace ambassador of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform from Russia appointed
- 12.05.2017Listing of people who went missing during Karabakh conflict almost finished
- 12.05.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform members hold meeting
- 10.05.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform presented at int’l forum in Egypt
- 10.05.2017Hoagland: US should play more active role in Karabakh settlement process
- 10.05.2017Hoagland: US, Russia will continue to cooperate on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia's occupation policy is attack not only on Azerbaijan, but also on historical and cultural heritage of Islam
- 10.05.2017OSCE MG US co-chair calls for serious high-level talks on Karabakh conflict
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan to appeal to UNESCO over illegal archaeological activity in occupied lands
- 24.02.2017Turkish Foreign Ministry condemns Khojaly Massacre
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan suspends activity of Working Group on assessment of damage caused by Armenian occupation
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani MP urges int’l community to impose sanctions against Armenia
- 24.02.2017Adoption of Khojaly resolution clearly indicates Djibouti’s position, says minister
- 24.02.2017FM Mammadyarov: OSCE MG co-chair countries voted for UN resolutions on Karabakh conflict