Azerbaijani MPs propose to erect ‘Genocide Memorial’ in Alley of Martyrs
The MP underlined the importance of shooting a feature film in terms of conveying to the international community the truth about the Khojaly genocide. “For example, I want to recall the film “The Pianist” that contributed to the delivery to the world the realities of the Holocaust,” she said.
MP Rafael Jabrayilov in his speech expressed support for his colleague’s opinions, stressing the need to erect a magnificent genocide memorial complex in the Alley of Martyrs in Baku.
He recalled that the Khojaly tragedy was assessed as an act of genocide by the Azerbaijani parliament’s decisions.
The speaker pointed out that the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, parliaments of a number of countries have officially recognized the Khojaly genocide, and 21 U.S. states have passed appropriate resolutions and decisions up to the present day.
According to him, Azerbaijani MPs will attend several events abroad to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Khojaly genocide.
“Azerbaijan will never reconcile with the occupation of its territories. The perpetrators of atrocities against the Azerbaijani people will be punished,” the speaker pledged.
Deputy Executive Secretary of New Azerbaijan Party, MP Siyavush Novruzov called on local law-enforcement authorities to initiate in absentia criminal proceedings against the perpetrators of the Khojaly genocide.
“Some of them have already pleaded guilty on the UN tribune. Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan is one of them. Does it need any further acknowledgement?” said Novruzov. “Armenia's “great intellectual” Zori Balayan noted that he enjoyed children’s being killed and burnt. Why should we wait for their explanation and acknowledgement? They should be arrested and brought to Azerbaijan. We should issue an international arrest warrant via Interpol.”
MP Parvin Karimzade in his speech said that the concept of an international crime was formed in 1976 and genocide is recognized as an international crime.
The MP, referring to relevant UN resolutions, said that the Khojaly genocide is an international crime.
Related news releases
- 29.03.2017OSCE MG: Respect for ceasefire is of utmost importance for further talks on Karabakh conflict
- 29.03.2017Iran’s stance on territorial integrity of Azerbaijan remains unchanged – Embassy
- 29.03.2017GATA head joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 29.03.2017Popov: Agreement reached to expand Kasprzyk’s office
- 29.03.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 28.03.2017France is ready to host meeting between Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents on its territory
- 28.03.2017Lukashenko: Armenia, Azerbaijan should resolve Karabakh conflict without mediators
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijan expresses protest over Iranian musician’s concert in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan appeals to OSCE MG member countries over Sargsyan’s statement
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Moscow
- 27.03.2017OSCE MG co-chairs, Armenian FM mull Karabakh settlement
- 27.03.2017Armenia begins excavations at mosque in occupied Shusha
- 27.03.2017Ukrainian scientist joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 26.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan’s military leadership visits frontline
- 23.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.03.2017Armenian armed forces holding military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 21.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times
- 19.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 136 times
- 18.03.2017Armenia lost hopes and lives with depression – Azerbaijani president
- 18.03.2017Colombian Senate passes decision on 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
- 17.03.2017Ex-presidents express support for Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017Cultural worker from Ukraine joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017PM: April battles – a victorious page of Azerbaijan’s military history
- 17.03.2017Kwasniewski: No chance of progress in Karabakh talks without implementation of UN resolutions
- 17.03.2017Former Kyrgyz PM comments on country’s refusal to sign ECO declaration
- 16.03.2017Moscow says nothing hidden in Karabakh talks
- 16.03.2017Russian political analyst joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 16.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Change in status quo means liberation of occupied Azerbaijan lands
- 15.03.2017PACE members meet with IDPs
- 15.03.2017Putin: Russia continues to assist in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.03.2017French president urges progress towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2017Georgian professor joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 15.03.2017Books by Lithuanian authors on Armenian aggression presented in Baku
- 15.03.2017Khalaf Khalafov: Armenia encourages relocation of Syrian and Lebanese Armenians to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity cannot be negotiated
- 15.03.2017French President: “The existing status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is unacceptable”
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani President: “For the first stage, negotiations should be resumed as soon as possible”
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict underway in Baku
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan to appeal to UNESCO over illegal archaeological activity in occupied lands
- 24.02.2017Turkish Foreign Ministry condemns Khojaly Massacre
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan suspends activity of Working Group on assessment of damage caused by Armenian occupation
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani MP urges int’l community to impose sanctions against Armenia
- 24.02.2017Adoption of Khojaly resolution clearly indicates Djibouti’s position, says minister
- 24.02.2017FM Mammadyarov: OSCE MG co-chair countries voted for UN resolutions on Karabakh conflict