Azerbaijani MPs propose to erect ‘Genocide Memorial’ in Alley of Martyrs
The MP underlined the importance of shooting a feature film in terms of conveying to the international community the truth about the Khojaly genocide. “For example, I want to recall the film “The Pianist” that contributed to the delivery to the world the realities of the Holocaust,” she said.
MP Rafael Jabrayilov in his speech expressed support for his colleague’s opinions, stressing the need to erect a magnificent genocide memorial complex in the Alley of Martyrs in Baku.
He recalled that the Khojaly tragedy was assessed as an act of genocide by the Azerbaijani parliament’s decisions.
The speaker pointed out that the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, parliaments of a number of countries have officially recognized the Khojaly genocide, and 21 U.S. states have passed appropriate resolutions and decisions up to the present day.
According to him, Azerbaijani MPs will attend several events abroad to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Khojaly genocide.
“Azerbaijan will never reconcile with the occupation of its territories. The perpetrators of atrocities against the Azerbaijani people will be punished,” the speaker pledged.
Deputy Executive Secretary of New Azerbaijan Party, MP Siyavush Novruzov called on local law-enforcement authorities to initiate in absentia criminal proceedings against the perpetrators of the Khojaly genocide.
“Some of them have already pleaded guilty on the UN tribune. Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan is one of them. Does it need any further acknowledgement?” said Novruzov. “Armenia's “great intellectual” Zori Balayan noted that he enjoyed children’s being killed and burnt. Why should we wait for their explanation and acknowledgement? They should be arrested and brought to Azerbaijan. We should issue an international arrest warrant via Interpol.”
MP Parvin Karimzade in his speech said that the concept of an international crime was formed in 1976 and genocide is recognized as an international crime.
The MP, referring to relevant UN resolutions, said that the Khojaly genocide is an international crime.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018Turkish president calls for settlement of Karabakh conflict in line with int’l law
- 25.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 24.04.2018Andrew Schofer: U.S. continues to strongly support negotiated settlement to Karabakh conflict
- 24.04.2018DNA samples being taken from family members of those reported missing in Karabakh conflict – State Commission
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan says ready to continue Karabakh talks with sensible political forces in Armenia
- 24.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 20.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Karabakh conflict should be resolved through negotiations, compromises
- 19.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Jojug Marjanli has become symbol of our revival
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Let world know that not only Karabakh but also present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2018Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov appeals to Russian counterpart over anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Izvestia newspaper
- 16.04.2018Russian newspaper Izvestiya commits provocation against Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Yemeni blogger apologizes for illegal trip to Karabakh, escapes Azerbaijan's "black list"
- 09.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Legal framework created for settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.04.2018Ariel Cohen: Sides will eventually understand importance of settling Karabakh conflict on basis of UNSC decisions
- 08.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 06.04.2018Italy’s OSCE Chairmanship says not keen on creating new formats for Karabakh talks
- 06.04.2018OSCE hopes meeting between Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents could soon take place
- 06.04.2018Syria’s UN envoy comments on reports on deployment of terrorists from Syria in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 06.04.2018Another ceasefire violation from Armenia
- 05.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The main reason for the unsettledness of the Karabakh problem is that Armenia does not want to change the status quo"
- 05.04.2018Nothing being done to implement decisions on Karabakh problem – Turkish FM
- 05.04.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict will never be accepted – FM Mammadyarov
- 05.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018Minsk Group format shows co-op possible for sake of European security: OSCE Sec-Gen
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijan to present note of protest to France
- 04.04.2018Former Nagorno-Karabakh commandant: ‘All illegal armed groups were disarmed during my time’
- 04.04.2018Washington Times publishes article by Azerbaijani ambassador on 25th anniversary of occupation of Kalbajar
- 04.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.04.2018Russia to grant Armenia interest-free loan for purchase of Iskander missile systems – report
- 03.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.04.2018Indian gov’t has nothing to do with exhibition organized in Khankendi – embassy
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on occupation of Kalbajar region and April escalation of 2016
- 02.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,100 times in March
- 02.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 105 times
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan to appeal to UNESCO over illegal archaeological activity in occupied lands
- 24.02.2017Turkish Foreign Ministry condemns Khojaly Massacre
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan suspends activity of Working Group on assessment of damage caused by Armenian occupation
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani MP urges int’l community to impose sanctions against Armenia
- 24.02.2017Adoption of Khojaly resolution clearly indicates Djibouti’s position, says minister
- 24.02.2017FM Mammadyarov: OSCE MG co-chair countries voted for UN resolutions on Karabakh conflict