Deputy PM: Azerbaijan's main goal to liberate its occupied lands
The problem of refugees and IDPs, which radically changed the people’s lives in Azerbaijan and disturbed the society, is now befalling many countries, said Azerbaijani Deputy Prime Minister Ali Ahmadov.
He made the remarks on Wednesday at an event dedicated to the World Refugee Day, APA reports.
Ahmadov noted that today politicians and states in the world are making efforts to solve the problem.
"It seems that justice is not observed in the world, with the problem of refugees and internally displaced persons remaining. If there were no problem of injustice, separatism, and territorial claims, the problem of refugees and IDPs would not have been so severe. The displacement of a million Azerbaijanis as refugees and IDPs was neglected. Few believed that this same problem would become a catastrophe for the whole world. The pain Azerbaijan was experiencing was not given due attention. Consequently, this problem, which shook Azerbaijan at the time, is now shaking the world,” he said.
Azerbaijan’s deputy PM underscored the need for joint efforts worldwide to address the problem of refugees and IDPs.
"We understand the countries that are facing the problem of inflowing refugees. First of all, global efforts should focus on eliminating the cause of refugees and IDPs. I did not see any picture of refugees and IDPs in Azerbaijan at this event. When asked, the organizers of the event said that the living conditions of refugees and IDPs in Azerbaijan were improved. However, people will continue to suffer mentally as long as they fail to return to their native lands. In this sense, I do not want to accept the logic of the event organizers. We should try to avoid refuge becoming a state of permanent living. Thirty years have passed, and these people should return to their homelands. If we really want to eliminate injustice, we must take more serious measures. Also, for this problem not take global character, and for more states not be helpless before the flow of refugees. Otherwise, this problem will deepen all over the world,” he added.
Ahmadov emphasized that Azerbaijan’s main goal is to liberate its occupied lands and ensure the return of refugees and IDPs to their native lands.
The deputy PM called on the world community to support Azerbaijan’s fair position on this issue.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 93 times
- 21.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 82 times
- 19.07.2018Björn Rahm: ICRC regularly visits persons detained in relation to conflict
- 19.07.2018Prince of Jordan visits Jojug Marjanli
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets with personal representative of OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
- 18.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Italy will support Karabakh conflict settlement during its OSCE chairmanship
- 18.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan confident Italy will play active role in resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 16.07.2018U.S. State Department in talks with Turkey to sell Patriot system
- 15.07.2018The provocation of the reconnaissance-sabotage group of Armenia was suppressed on the state border - PHOTO
- 15.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 87 times
- 14.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has high hopes for France’s efforts in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 13.07.2018Nikol Pashinyan: No talk on meeting with Azerbaijani president at the moment
- 12.07.2018Hajiyev: Azerbaijan recommends that Armenian leadership finally come to senses, comprehend realities
- 12.07.2018Moscow: Azerbaijan, Armenia fail to decide on increasing number of int’l observers in conflict zone
- 12.07.2018OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement following meeting with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 12.07.2018Mogherini called for negotiations on Nagorno Karabakh without preconditions
- 12.07.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: “The meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs lasted about 4 hours”
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs meet it Brussels
- 11.07.2018Elmar Mammadyarov meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 11.07.2018ICRC meets with Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018UNSC has not adopted resolutions on organization of military tribunals despite Armenia’s war crimes – Baku
- 11.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan's son’s military service in Nagorno-Karabakh has became a political show
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to take all necessary measures to release Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan says supports intensive, substantive talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey always supports Azerbaijan in Karabakh problem
- 10.07.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 10.07.2018OSCE reps meet with deputy head of Aghdam district executive authority
- 10.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 81 times
- 09.07.2018Talks on Karabakh conflict settlement must be continued in existing format: Azerbaijani MFA
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani FM: If Armenia’s new gov’t follow Sargsyan regime’s path, they’ll meet the same fate
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on July 11 - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 08.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 07.07.2018Armenians set fire in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands again
- 07.07.2018Armenian FM: Meeting with Azerbaijan FM planned for near future
- 06.07.2018Patrushev: Russia supports phased and peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 06.07.2018Igor Popov: Date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting may be announced soon
- 06.07.2018Baku: Armenia’s attempts to artificially maintain status quo are fraught with serious complications
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani MFA issues statement on anniversary of tragic Alkhanli events
- 21.06.2018Mogherini: EU supports Minsk Group’s mediation efforts for Karabakh settlement
- 21.06.2018Lavrov: Solution won’t be far off if Karabakh conflict sides reach consensus
- 22.06.2018Baku supports promotion of ties between Nagorno-Karabakh’s Azerbaijani, Armenian communities – FM
- 20.06.2018Return to Jojug Marjanli further strengthened IDPs’ hope to return to native lands: committee chairman
- 20.06.2018Nagorno-Karabakh conflict requires early political settlement - EU
- 18.06.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Manvel Grigoryan participated in Khojaly genocide and other war crimes