Azerbaijani foreign ministry, defense ministry issue joint statement
The statement reads as follows:
“The armed forces of Armenia by using heavy weapons continue in an intensive manner to violate the ceasefire and perpetuate provocations along the line of contact and the state border of Armenia and Azerbaijan.
The armed forces of Armenia alongside with the positions of the armed forces of Azerbaijan deliberately and systematically subject to shelling civilians and civilian objects in inhabited areas.
İt is very well known that on July 4, as a result of such brutal actions of Armenian armed forces a 51-year-old resident of the village of Alkhanli of the Fizuli district of Azerbaijan, Sahiba Allahverdiyeva and her 2-year-old granddaughter, Zahra Guliyeva were killed, 52-year-old Sarvinaz Guliyeva was seriously wounded, which was strongly condemned by the international community.
On July 25, the armed forces of Armenia used combat unmanned air vehicle (UAV) and dropped on the position of Azerbaijan’s armed forces hand-made projectile containing incendiary and explosive charges as well as metal fragments.
In June and July further intensification of Armenia’s provocations are not sporadic and isolated acts, against the background of OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs visit to the region, meetings for the resolution of conflict and serious calls by Azerbaijan, OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs and the international community to re-engage in substantive negotiations are being committed in a deliberate and systematic manner.
At the same time such ill-intentioned actions of Armenia are accompanied by politically motivated provocative steps. Regardless of international community’s rejection, holding fabricated “presidential” elections by the sham “parliament” of illegal regime established by Armenia in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan is yet another vivid proof of that.
Thus, chronicle of events once again prove that when Azerbaijan with the support of the international community makes further efforts to resolve the conflict through serious negotiations, Armenia resorts to provocations to undermine the negotiations, to maintain the status quo of occupation and intentionally escalate the situation. Such actions of Armenia, as it was the case before, have to be rejected and condemned by the international community in strong and serious manner.
Continuation of Armenia’s war against Azerbaijan and occupation of its territories in breach and complete disregard to the norms and principles of international law, not only violates the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan, but also poses serious threat to the regional peace and security.
With a view of ending the conflict and ensuring the peace and stability in the region the withdrawal of armed forces of Armenia from the occupied territories of Azerbaijan is an absolute inevitability.
Despite the efforts of Armenia’s false propaganda machine irrefutable facts demonstrate that Armenia and its armed forces conducted aggression against Azerbaijan and occupied its territories and perpetrated ethnic cleansing against Azerbaijani population in the seized lands.
The armed forces of Azerbaijan takes and will take all necessary measures to prevent the cruel provocations of Armenia and guarantee the security of Azerbaijani civilian population inhabited in the vicinity of line of contact.
We over again declare that the responsibility for committed provocations and consequences of continuation of occupation lies completely on the Republic of Armenia," the statement says.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018Exhibition of "The voice of Karabakh" paintings and literary-artistic event held
- 24.02.2018Azerbaijani FM and General Prosecutor’s Office: Armenia bears responsibility for Khojaly genocide
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani MP: Application of law on humanization of punishments can be assessed as an amnesty
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Russian citizen from ‘blacklist’
- 23.02.2018U.S. has always been committed to Karabakh conflict settlement process – envoy
- 23.02.2018What happened in Khojaly is terrible, U.S envoy says
- 23.02.2018European Parliament preparing statement on Khojaly genocide
- 23.02.2018US congressman makes a statement in connection with the anniversary of the 20 January and Khojaly tragedy
- 22.02.2018Vigenin proposes abolishing position of OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus
- 22.02.2018Armenian soldier killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 22.02.2018Vigenin: Int’l community has switched its ambition on Nagorno-Karabakh to simply avoiding war, which must be reversed
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special representative criticizes Minsk Group co-chairs
- 22.02.2018Baku reacts to Armenian foreign minister’s statement
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan says int’l tribunal needed to prosecute perpetrators of crimes in Khojaly and Karabakh
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan says Sumgayit events were ‘deliberate provocation’
- 21.02.2018U.S. continuing its role as OSCE MG co-chair shows its commitment to resolving Karabakh conflict, envoy says
- 21.02.2018OSCE can increase frequency of monitoring exercises in front line areas
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan puts EAFJD head on Interpol wanted list for illegally visiting its occupied lands
- 21.02.2018U.S. doing its utmost to help settle Karabakh conflict – envoy
- 20.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Dialogue must be established between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA comments on Armenian president’s congratulatory message to illegal regime in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Erdogan: One of greatest atrocities in human history happened in Khojaly
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister: War may break out at any time
- 19.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 17.02.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 26th anniversary of Garadaghli massacre
- 15.02.2018Moscow says hopes for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.02.2018Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan can be exchanged for Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev – State Commission
- 14.02.2018MFA: Armenia must finally understand that occupation of Azerbaijani lands will never produce desired political outcome
- 14.02.2018Russian musician off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018US Intelligence: Tension over Karabakh could develop into large-scale conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 12.02.2018Bulgaria president: Karabakh conflict can be settled only through peaceful means
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Attempts to change Nagorno-Karabakh’s demographics ‘gross violation’ of int’l humanitarian law
- 11.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 131 times
- 11.02.201826 years pass since occupation of Malibeyli, Gushchular villages of Azerbaijan’s Shusha
- 09.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meets Armenian president
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ presence in Azerbaijani territories remains major cause of non-settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.02.2018EU: Nagorno-Karabakh conflict a ‘very big challenge’
- 27.07.2017Azerbaijan Department of "The House of Friendship" in Volgograd joins Peace Platform
- 28.07.2017Co-coordinators of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform meet with French writer
- 30.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 25.07.2017Armenia once again used combat UAVs
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia 'uninterested' in negotiated resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 23.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan