Azerbaijani FM: Responsibility for escalation of situation in front entirely falls on Armenia
He told APA that in the eve of OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs visit to Azerbaijan the armed forces of Armenia, as reported by the MOD Azerbaijan, resorted to intensive violation of cease fire by using heavy weapons and perpetuation of provocations: “The armed forces of Azerbaijan sustained causality in thwarting the provocations of Armenia”.
According to him, the chronicle of events since June 15 evidently has demonstrated that the instigator of ceasefire violations and perpetration of provocations is Armenia: “Thereby, consistent mythic propaganda of Armenia on alleged violation of ceasefire by other party completely shatters”.
“The OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs must take note that the escalation of the situation by Armenia followed their visit to the region, including the occupied territories of Azerbaijan.
Armenia, by escalating the situation in the front in a deliberate manner, pursues the goal of undermining the resolution of conflict via substantive negotiations and maintaining the status quo of occupation.
The main reason of violation of ceasefire is the presence of armed forces of Armenia in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan. The norms and principles of international law, the relevant resolutions of the UN SC, the statements of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs and the current proposals on the negotiation table demand withdrawal of Armenia’s troops from the occupied lands of Azerbaijan.
The Armed Forces of Azerbaijan operating in the sovereign territories of Azerbaijan in the face of aggression of Armenia provide defence of Azerbaijan’s territories and security of civilians especially those living along the line of contact.
The responsibility for escalation of the situation entirely falls on Armenia”, he said.
Related news releases
- 16.08.2017Richard Hoagland: We hope Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents will soon resume direct negotiations
- 13.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 136 times
- 12.08.2017Armenia shatters ceasefire 132 times
- 11.08.2017Richard Hoagland: Time has come for conflict parties to take steps to boost confidence
- 11.08.2017Co-chair: I hope that during next summit presidents will announce certain steps
- 11.08.2017Armenians again set fire to Azerbaijan's occupied territories
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani Ombudsperson calls on int’l organizations over latest Armenian provocation
- 09.08.2017No incident during OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 09.08.2017Andrzej Kasprzyk meets with head of Aghdam executive authority
- 08.08.2017Defence Ministry: One of members of enemy sabotage group was killed
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani state committee issues statement on latest Armenian provocation
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani MFA: Left unpunished, Armenia dares to target civilians, civil facilities
- 08.08.2017Armenians shelled village in Tovuz, 13-year-old boy injured
- 07.08.2017Iranian MFA: Karabakh talks should be continued
- 07.08.2017Draft resolution titled ‘The situation in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan’ put on agenda of UN General Assembly session
- 06.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 146 times
- 02.08.2017Armenian soldier detained for attempting to sell power supply of ‘Igla’ missile
- 30.07.2017Armed forces of Armenia fired at the settlements of Gazakh, Agstafa and Tovuz regions
- 30.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 28.07.2017Co-coordinators of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform meet with French writer
- 27.07.2017Azerbaijan Department of "The House of Friendship" in Volgograd joins Peace Platform
- 26.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign ministry, defense ministry issue joint statement
- 25.07.2017Armenia once again used combat UAVs
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia 'uninterested' in negotiated resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 23.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.07.201724 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district by Armenia
- 20.07.2017U.S. Department of State: The U.S. we will not accept the results of the so-called elections in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan says UN support for substantive talks on Karabakh settlement ‘highly appreciated’
- 20.07.2017Moscow: Place of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting not determined
- 19.07.2017Armenian soldier wounded in landmine explosion
- 19.07.2017Armenians set fire to Azerbaijan’s occupied territories
- 19.07.2017Lukashevich: Co-chairs are not wizards, they cannot ensure desired level of security in region
- 19.07.2017Lapshin’s final statement: I feel sorry about what happened
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan says use of water resources as a means of eco terror and pressure is state policy in Armenia
- 19.07.2017Lukashevich: OSCE MG co-chairs prepare for meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in New York
- 19.07.2017Turkey urges Armenia to stop military provocations against Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani FM: Specific plan should be discussed for settling Karabakh conflict
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity supported by whole world
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan says holding illegal presidential election in Nagorno-Karabakh is ‘ridiculous’
- 17.07.2017Russia to be main organizer of planned meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 18.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to start visit to Azerbaijan today
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani defense minister meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 17.06.2017Another Armenian soldier killed on frontline
- 17.06.2017Two Armenian soldiers wounded in Nagorno Karabakh
- 16.06.2017Three Armenian soldiers violating ceasefire killed