Azerbaijani FM: Responsibility for escalation of situation in front entirely falls on Armenia
He told APA that in the eve of OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs visit to Azerbaijan the armed forces of Armenia, as reported by the MOD Azerbaijan, resorted to intensive violation of cease fire by using heavy weapons and perpetuation of provocations: “The armed forces of Azerbaijan sustained causality in thwarting the provocations of Armenia”.
According to him, the chronicle of events since June 15 evidently has demonstrated that the instigator of ceasefire violations and perpetration of provocations is Armenia: “Thereby, consistent mythic propaganda of Armenia on alleged violation of ceasefire by other party completely shatters”.
“The OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs must take note that the escalation of the situation by Armenia followed their visit to the region, including the occupied territories of Azerbaijan.
Armenia, by escalating the situation in the front in a deliberate manner, pursues the goal of undermining the resolution of conflict via substantive negotiations and maintaining the status quo of occupation.
The main reason of violation of ceasefire is the presence of armed forces of Armenia in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan. The norms and principles of international law, the relevant resolutions of the UN SC, the statements of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs and the current proposals on the negotiation table demand withdrawal of Armenia’s troops from the occupied lands of Azerbaijan.
The Armed Forces of Azerbaijan operating in the sovereign territories of Azerbaijan in the face of aggression of Armenia provide defence of Azerbaijan’s territories and security of civilians especially those living along the line of contact.
The responsibility for escalation of the situation entirely falls on Armenia”, he said.
Related news releases
- 22.05.2018Baku: Armenia bears int’l legal responsibility for occupation of Azerbaijani territories
- 20.05.2018A serviceman of the Azerbaijan Army was killed as a result of another provocation of Armenia
- 20.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 93 times
- 18.05.201826 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Lachin district by Armenia
- 17.05.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region next month
- 17.05.2018Baku: It’s time for Armenian MFA to change ‘same old song’
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on 26th anniversary of occupation of Lachin by Armenia
- 16.05.2018Crisis Group expert: New gov’t in Armenia opens up new opportunities for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 16.05.2018Armenia’s occupation policy hinders peace in region: Azerbaijani parl’t speaker
- 15.05.2018OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs issue statement on Paris meeting
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan reiterates readiness to intensify talks for early settlement of Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 14.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov to discuss Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict with OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs
- 14.05.2018FM: Resettlement of Syrian Armenians in occupied Azerbaijani territories ‘unacceptable’
- 14.05.2018Armenia-Azerbaiajn Peace Platform holds meeting
- 13.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 12.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: If Pashinyan does not understand need for fair settlement of conflict, this is beginning of his tragedy
- 12.05.201824 years pass since declaration of ceasefire between Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Tigran Balayan trying to be extra active seeking promotion in new Armenian gov’t
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan slams Pashinyan’s proposal to accept separatist Karabakh regime as party in talks
- 10.05.2018Pashinyan’s statements contradict negotiation principles, says Azerbaijani diplomat
- 10.05.2018Bayram Safarov: Pashinyan will someday regret that he visited Shusha
- 09.05.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: The new Prime Minister of Armenia makes controversial statements about the negotiation process
- 09.05.2018Armenia’s new PM visits occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan allows some foreign media representatives to visit Nagorno-Karabakh
- 08.05.2018Six foreigners attempt to trespass Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 08.05.2018Pashinyan says ready for talks with Azerbaijan on Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.2018“Serzh Sargsyan's resignation was overdue”
- 08.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh is not disputed territory, Azerbaijan says
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijan says Armenia’s position impedes political settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.201826 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan's Shusha city by Armenia
- 07.05.2018Deputy parliament speaker: Nagorno-Karabakh population would have been better off now had they not revolted against Azerbaijan
- 06.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 82 times
- 04.05.2018Russian MFA comments on possible impact of Armenian political turmoil on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 03.05.2018Crisis Group: Armenia’s political fragility could contribute to escalation of conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh
- 29.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 87 times
- 27.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 26.04.2018Moscow hopes for resumption of talks on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.04.2018Shahbaz Guliyev taken hostage by Armenia sends video message to his family
- 25.04.2018Turkish president calls for settlement of Karabakh conflict in line with int’l law
- 25.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 18.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to start visit to Azerbaijan today
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani defense minister meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 17.06.2017Another Armenian soldier killed on frontline
- 17.06.2017Two Armenian soldiers wounded in Nagorno Karabakh
- 16.06.2017Three Armenian soldiers violating ceasefire killed