Azerbaijani FM: Responsibility for escalation of situation in front entirely falls on Armenia
He told APA that in the eve of OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs visit to Azerbaijan the armed forces of Armenia, as reported by the MOD Azerbaijan, resorted to intensive violation of cease fire by using heavy weapons and perpetuation of provocations: “The armed forces of Azerbaijan sustained causality in thwarting the provocations of Armenia”.
According to him, the chronicle of events since June 15 evidently has demonstrated that the instigator of ceasefire violations and perpetration of provocations is Armenia: “Thereby, consistent mythic propaganda of Armenia on alleged violation of ceasefire by other party completely shatters”.
“The OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs must take note that the escalation of the situation by Armenia followed their visit to the region, including the occupied territories of Azerbaijan.
Armenia, by escalating the situation in the front in a deliberate manner, pursues the goal of undermining the resolution of conflict via substantive negotiations and maintaining the status quo of occupation.
The main reason of violation of ceasefire is the presence of armed forces of Armenia in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan. The norms and principles of international law, the relevant resolutions of the UN SC, the statements of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs and the current proposals on the negotiation table demand withdrawal of Armenia’s troops from the occupied lands of Azerbaijan.
The Armed Forces of Azerbaijan operating in the sovereign territories of Azerbaijan in the face of aggression of Armenia provide defence of Azerbaijan’s territories and security of civilians especially those living along the line of contact.
The responsibility for escalation of the situation entirely falls on Armenia”, he said.
Related news releases
- 18.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Those responsible for Khojaly genocide still enjoy impunity
- 27.02.2018Requiem concert dedicated to Khojaly genocide held in Amsterdam
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by Rossiya-24 correspondent
- 26.02.2018Russian lawmaker urges world community to condemn Khojaly genocide
- 26.02.2018Film on Khojaly genocide screened on California’s TV channels
- 26.02.2018Turkish Foreign Ministry strongly condemns Khojaly massacre
- 18.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to start visit to Azerbaijan today
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani defense minister meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 17.06.2017Another Armenian soldier killed on frontline
- 17.06.2017Two Armenian soldiers wounded in Nagorno Karabakh
- 16.06.2017Three Armenian soldiers violating ceasefire killed