Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: As always at this time, too, the names of the soldiers only from Armenia have been released among dead
Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. “Azerbaijani Defense Ministry does not confirm the information on casualties of Azerbaijani Army on the frontline. Because this is a lie,” Azerbaijani Defense Ministry spokesman, Colonel Vagif Dargahli told APA.
Commenting on news by Armenian side that 2 Azerbaijani servicemen by surname Huseynov whose name is not available, and by name Jeyhun whose surname is not available, are dead as well as other serviceman by name Elshad was wounded, V. Dargahli noted that the names and surname, released by Armenia, are fictitious.
“Armenians try to demonstrate this lie to their society as a fact and hide their casualties by this way. We inform about all our casualties. I assure that Armenians hide major part of their casualties up to 20 soldiers bewaring of possible protests of citizens of Armenia. As always at this time, too, the names of the soldiers only from Armenia have been released among dead. No information is given about soldier casualties from Karabakh. It means that soldiers from Karabakh have “bullet-proof magical jackets” and nothing happens to them,” said V. Dargahli.
Regarding the photo of weapons allegedly abandoned on the battlefield by Azerbaijani saboteur, Dargahli noted that it was prepared by Armenians. According to him, the telescopic sight mounted on the machine gun, allegedly owned by Azerbaijani soldiers, absolutely is not used in the arsenal of the Azerbaijani Army. The Armenian side at different times has repeatedly demonstrated this photo, shot from different angles, on same kind news. "If our servicemen have attacked their positions as say Armenians, why machine gun is equipped with a telescopic sight... In close combat, the use of such optical devices is nothing but additional burden."
Defense Ministry spokesman added that the Azerbaijani Armed Forces fully control the operational situation on the front and any attempt by enemy is reacted decently. "The enemy must understand that every attempt will cost them dearly, for every such attempt they will pay with the blood of tens of soldiers."
Related news releases
- 20.11.2017UNSC resolutions demanding liberation of Azerbaijani lands under discussion – Russian FM
- 20.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement should be tripled
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: UNSC resolutions to remain in force until implementation
- 20.11.2017Russia will work on peaceful solution acceptable to Karabakh conflict parties – Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Status quo in Karabakh conflict is unacceptable, unstable
- 20.11.2017Novruz Mammadov: Despite provocations of Armenia and its patrons, Azerbaijan doesn’t step back from ‘peace course’
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Deadlock in US-Russia ties doesn’t affect cooperation on Karabakh settlement
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani president vows to avenge child victims of Armenian armed provocations
- 20.11.201726 years pass since Armenia shot down military helicopter with Azerbaijani political elite on board
- 19.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 18.11.2017EU Special Representative for South Caucasus to visit Baku
- 18.11.2017Armenia 123 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 17.11.2017Erdogan: "We discussed Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Putin"
- 16.11.2017Armenia continues military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Following Vienna talks, we’ll offer the presidents to meet - INTERVIEW
- 16.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta reacts to reports on alleged U.S. decision to withdraw from OSCE MG chairmanship
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs agree to meet in Vienna next month
- 16.11.2017Baku agrees with proposal to hold meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in Vienna - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Moscow reacts to Matthew Bryza’s statement on possible change in Minsk Group format
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage rally outside Armenian embassy in Tbilisi, demand release of hostages Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 15.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan wants concrete results in Karabakh talks
- 15.11.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh must be implemented
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity at any cost
- 14.11.2017Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 14.11.2017Lavrov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement to be discussed in Baku and Yerevan
- 14.11.2017Russian FM Lavrov to visit Azerbaijan and Armenia – report
- 13.11.2017Meeting of OSCE MG co-chairs, PACE co-rapporteurs on Karabakh conflict postponed
- 13.11.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to meet with Armenian FM in Moscow
- 13.11.2017Nearly 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes in disrepair – MP
- 12.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 11.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017U.S. diplomat says status quo in respect of Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’
- 10.11.2017OSCE Permanent Council holds meeting on Karabakh conflict
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan expects OSCE MG to take practical steps to intensify peace negotiations over Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 09.11.2017Contacts in various formats on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict are no exception – Russian Foreign Ministry
- 08.11.2017Armenians attempt to interrupt Karabakh discussions during NATO PA seminar
- 08.11.2017Moscow: OSCE MG co-chairs plan to organize meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs by year-end
- 07.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: To change status quo, occupation of Azerbaijani lands must end
- 07.11.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 07.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta discusses Karabakh conflict with U.S. co-chair of OSCE MG
- 20.03.2015Azerbaijani President: "We will achieve the desired, restore historical justice and our territorial integrity"
- 25.03.2015Armenian armed units violate ceasefire 50 times
- 25.03.2015Participants of Media Forum held in Armenia visited Nagorno Karabakh illegally
- 19.03.2015Azerbaijani President: Our martyrs' blood being avenged
- 19.03.2015Azerbaijani army kills three Armenian soldiers
- 18.03.2015Johannes Hahn: EU is contributing to Nagorno-Karabakh negotiations underway within OSCE MG