Azerbaijan to present note of protest to France
Baku expresses its strong protest over the visit of Ashot Gulyan, who presented himself as a representative of the illegal regime created in the Azerbaijani territories occupied by Armenia, to France, one of the co-chairing countries of the OSCE Minsk Group, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry, told APA.
Hajiyev emphasized that Azerbaijan’s Embassy in France will present a note of protest to the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France in connection with this issue.
France has taken no action despite the fact that Ashot Gulyan, a resident of the Azerbaijani city of Khankendi, has entered EU territory with an Armenian diplomatic passport means violation of the visa facilitation and readmission agreement between Armenia and the European Union, the spokesman noted.
"Such systematic trips and the use of French territory to promote the illegitimate regime raise serious questions about France's impartiality as a co-chair country, casting doubt on this country’s reliability on an international level as well as in Azerbaijani society,” he said.
“Articles LL1115-1 and L1115-5 of General Code on Local Authorities of France, as well as a letter sent to local authorities (prefects) by the French foreign and interior ministries on 2 July 2015 emphasize that all international ties of French self-governance authorities shall be in accord with the international obligations assumed by France and that local governance authorities are not authorized to sign any agreement with any government not recognized by the French government. However, we do not see that prefects, which are authorized representatives of the French central government, abolish illegal documents signed between local bodies and the illegal regime created in Azerbaijan’s occupied territories,” Hajiyev added.
The fact that France's central government has recently demonstrated its decisive position on the issue of Corsica, but creates conditions for promotion of the separatist regime established in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan is regarded as another example of double standards, he stressed.
He said that Azerbaijan urges France, a permanent member of the UN Security Council, to fulfill its obligations, comply with the norms and principles of international law and to prevent such actions against the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan will present a note of protest to the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs in connection with this issue, added Hajiyev.
He emphasized that from now on, Azerbaijan will act under the principle of reciprocity in relations with France.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018Moscow hopes for resumption of talks on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.04.2018Shahbaz Guliyev taken hostage by Armenia sends video message to his family
- 25.04.2018Turkish president calls for settlement of Karabakh conflict in line with int’l law
- 25.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 24.04.2018Andrew Schofer: U.S. continues to strongly support negotiated settlement to Karabakh conflict
- 24.04.2018DNA samples being taken from family members of those reported missing in Karabakh conflict – State Commission
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan says ready to continue Karabakh talks with sensible political forces in Armenia
- 24.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 20.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Karabakh conflict should be resolved through negotiations, compromises
- 19.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Jojug Marjanli has become symbol of our revival
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Let world know that not only Karabakh but also present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2018Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov appeals to Russian counterpart over anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Izvestia newspaper
- 16.04.2018Russian newspaper Izvestiya commits provocation against Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Yemeni blogger apologizes for illegal trip to Karabakh, escapes Azerbaijan's "black list"
- 09.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Legal framework created for settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.04.2018Ariel Cohen: Sides will eventually understand importance of settling Karabakh conflict on basis of UNSC decisions
- 08.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 06.04.2018Italy’s OSCE Chairmanship says not keen on creating new formats for Karabakh talks
- 06.04.2018OSCE hopes meeting between Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents could soon take place
- 06.04.2018Syria’s UN envoy comments on reports on deployment of terrorists from Syria in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 06.04.2018Another ceasefire violation from Armenia
- 05.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The main reason for the unsettledness of the Karabakh problem is that Armenia does not want to change the status quo"
- 05.04.2018Nothing being done to implement decisions on Karabakh problem – Turkish FM
- 03.04.2018Russia to grant Armenia interest-free loan for purchase of Iskander missile systems – report
- 03.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.04.2018Indian gov’t has nothing to do with exhibition organized in Khankendi – embassy
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on occupation of Kalbajar region and April escalation of 2016
- 02.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,100 times in March
- 02.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 105 times
- 30.03.2018Ogtay Asadov: Illusion of “greater Armenia” has always brought disasters on South Caucasus
- 29.03.2018Russian FM and OSCE Secretary General to discuss Karabakh conflict
- 29.03.20183 HALO Trust employees killed, 2 injured in landmine explosion in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 29.03.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.03.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018Minsk Group format shows co-op possible for sake of European security: OSCE Sec-Gen
- 05.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.04.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict will never be accepted – FM Mammadyarov
- 04.04.2018Former Nagorno-Karabakh commandant: ‘All illegal armed groups were disarmed during my time’
- 04.04.2018Washington Times publishes article by Azerbaijani ambassador on 25th anniversary of occupation of Kalbajar
- 04.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan