Azerbaijan to present note of protest to France
Baku expresses its strong protest over the visit of Ashot Gulyan, who presented himself as a representative of the illegal regime created in the Azerbaijani territories occupied by Armenia, to France, one of the co-chairing countries of the OSCE Minsk Group, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry, told APA.
Hajiyev emphasized that Azerbaijan’s Embassy in France will present a note of protest to the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France in connection with this issue.
France has taken no action despite the fact that Ashot Gulyan, a resident of the Azerbaijani city of Khankendi, has entered EU territory with an Armenian diplomatic passport means violation of the visa facilitation and readmission agreement between Armenia and the European Union, the spokesman noted.
"Such systematic trips and the use of French territory to promote the illegitimate regime raise serious questions about France's impartiality as a co-chair country, casting doubt on this country’s reliability on an international level as well as in Azerbaijani society,” he said.
“Articles LL1115-1 and L1115-5 of General Code on Local Authorities of France, as well as a letter sent to local authorities (prefects) by the French foreign and interior ministries on 2 July 2015 emphasize that all international ties of French self-governance authorities shall be in accord with the international obligations assumed by France and that local governance authorities are not authorized to sign any agreement with any government not recognized by the French government. However, we do not see that prefects, which are authorized representatives of the French central government, abolish illegal documents signed between local bodies and the illegal regime created in Azerbaijan’s occupied territories,” Hajiyev added.
The fact that France's central government has recently demonstrated its decisive position on the issue of Corsica, but creates conditions for promotion of the separatist regime established in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan is regarded as another example of double standards, he stressed.
He said that Azerbaijan urges France, a permanent member of the UN Security Council, to fulfill its obligations, comply with the norms and principles of international law and to prevent such actions against the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan will present a note of protest to the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs in connection with this issue, added Hajiyev.
He emphasized that from now on, Azerbaijan will act under the principle of reciprocity in relations with France.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 82 times
- 19.07.2018Björn Rahm: ICRC regularly visits persons detained in relation to conflict
- 19.07.2018Prince of Jordan visits Jojug Marjanli
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets with personal representative of OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
- 18.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Italy will support Karabakh conflict settlement during its OSCE chairmanship
- 18.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan confident Italy will play active role in resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 16.07.2018U.S. State Department in talks with Turkey to sell Patriot system
- 15.07.2018The provocation of the reconnaissance-sabotage group of Armenia was suppressed on the state border - PHOTO
- 15.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 87 times
- 14.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has high hopes for France’s efforts in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 13.07.2018Nikol Pashinyan: No talk on meeting with Azerbaijani president at the moment
- 12.07.2018Hajiyev: Azerbaijan recommends that Armenian leadership finally come to senses, comprehend realities
- 12.07.2018Moscow: Azerbaijan, Armenia fail to decide on increasing number of int’l observers in conflict zone
- 12.07.2018OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement following meeting with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 12.07.2018Mogherini called for negotiations on Nagorno Karabakh without preconditions
- 12.07.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: “The meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs lasted about 4 hours”
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs meet it Brussels
- 11.07.2018Elmar Mammadyarov meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 11.07.2018ICRC meets with Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018UNSC has not adopted resolutions on organization of military tribunals despite Armenia’s war crimes – Baku
- 11.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan's son’s military service in Nagorno-Karabakh has became a political show
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to take all necessary measures to release Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan says supports intensive, substantive talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey always supports Azerbaijan in Karabakh problem
- 10.07.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 10.07.2018OSCE reps meet with deputy head of Aghdam district executive authority
- 10.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 81 times
- 09.07.2018Talks on Karabakh conflict settlement must be continued in existing format: Azerbaijani MFA
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani FM: If Armenia’s new gov’t follow Sargsyan regime’s path, they’ll meet the same fate
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on July 11 - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 08.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 07.07.2018Armenians set fire in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands again
- 07.07.2018Armenian FM: Meeting with Azerbaijan FM planned for near future
- 06.07.2018Patrushev: Russia supports phased and peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 06.07.2018Igor Popov: Date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting may be announced soon
- 06.07.2018Baku: Armenia’s attempts to artificially maintain status quo are fraught with serious complications
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani MFA issues statement on anniversary of tragic Alkhanli events
- 04.07.2018Russian State Duma deputy responds to accusations against him
- 04.04.2018Minsk Group format shows co-op possible for sake of European security: OSCE Sec-Gen
- 05.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.04.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict will never be accepted – FM Mammadyarov
- 04.04.2018Former Nagorno-Karabakh commandant: ‘All illegal armed groups were disarmed during my time’
- 04.04.2018Washington Times publishes article by Azerbaijani ambassador on 25th anniversary of occupation of Kalbajar
- 04.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan