Azerbaijan to blacklist European Parliament member for illegally visiting its occupied lands
The visit of a member of the European Parliament from Sweden, Lars Adaktusson, to the occupied territories of Azerbaijan, where the bloodthirsty ethnic cleansing against more than one million people, including the crime against humanity and the Khojaly genocide were committed by Armenia, on the eve of Holocaust means to support the aspirations of occupation, aggression and bloody ethnic cleansing, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry, told APA.
This illegal visit violates the laws of Azerbaijan and norms and principles of international law, as well as harm the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs towards a peaceful solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, noted Hajiyev.
“It is extremely shameful that MEP Lars Adaktusson’s visit took place with the participation and funding of head of the Brussels-based Armenian lobby, who is engaged in money laundering and dirty diamonds trade,” he said.
“At a time when the EU member states themselves suffer from tendencies of aggressive separatism, when the EU and the European Parliament express support for territorial integrity and sovereignty of the Eastern Partnership countries, Lars Adaktusson’s illegal visit to Azerbaijan’s occupied territories and his contacts with the criminal regime established there are not understandable,” stressed the spokesman.
Instead of supporting aggressive separatism and the consequences of occupation, Lars Adaktusson, as a member of the European Parliament, could, by sharing and promoting the experience of the Åland Islands, a successful model of autonomy between Sweden and Finland, contribute to the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, added Hajiyev.
Lars Adaktusson’s name will be included in the list of undesirable persons of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan, noted the spokesman.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Dialogue must be established between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA comments on Armenian president’s congratulatory message to illegal regime in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Erdogan: One of greatest atrocities in human history happened in Khojaly
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister: War may break out at any time
- 19.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 17.02.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 26th anniversary of Garadaghli massacre
- 15.02.2018Moscow says hopes for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.02.2018Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan can be exchanged for Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev – State Commission
- 14.02.2018MFA: Armenia must finally understand that occupation of Azerbaijani lands will never produce desired political outcome
- 14.02.2018Russian musician off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018US Intelligence: Tension over Karabakh could develop into large-scale conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 12.02.2018Bulgaria president: Karabakh conflict can be settled only through peaceful means
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Attempts to change Nagorno-Karabakh’s demographics ‘gross violation’ of int’l humanitarian law
- 11.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 131 times
- 11.02.201826 years pass since occupation of Malibeyli, Gushchular villages of Azerbaijan’s Shusha
- 09.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meets Armenian president
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ presence in Azerbaijani territories remains major cause of non-settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.02.2018EU: Nagorno-Karabakh conflict a ‘very big challenge’
- 09.02.2018Mogherini: EU supports Azerbaijan’s sovereignty and territorial integrity
- 09.02.2018Baku: Nalbandian’s offensive attitude towards UNSC resolutions shows Armenia’s disrespect for UN Charter
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani FM says there is ‘intensity, concrete and logical flow’ in Karabakh talks
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ withdrawal from Azerbaijani territories key to political settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 08.02.2018Armenia becomes a political, economic, energy and transportation dead-end – Azerbaijani president
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia to remain isolated until occupied Azerbaijani lands get liberated
- 08.02.2018Armenian scientist banned from participating in Italy int’l conference for conducting research in Karabakh
- 08.02.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 07.02.2018Intensive talks to continue after presidential elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia – MFA
- 07.02.2018U.S. says will continue efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives OSCE MG co-chairs
- 06.02.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk visits Tartar District Executive Authority
- 04.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 130 times
- 03.02.2018Anti-Azerbaijan provocation prevented during scientific seminar in Moscow
- 02.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Nagorno-Karabakh
- 02.02.2018Foreign Ministry makes statement on scheduled visit of OSCE MG co-chairs to Azerbaijan
- 02.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Armenia on Feb. 7
- 01.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies conditions for increasing number of OSCE observers on contact line of troops
- 01.02.2018Russian FM talks about increasing number of OSCE observers in Karabakh conflict zone
- 29.01.2018Azerbaijani defense minister visits military units on frontline
- 29.01.2018Alcoholic drink made in Karabakh on sale as Armenian product in Moscow
- 30.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity"
- 28.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 116 times
- 26.01.2018Azerbaijan says investigation into crimes committed by Armenians underway
- 26.01.2018“Sargsyan tries to deceive ordinary and poor Armenians”