Azerbaijan to blacklist European Parliament member for illegally visiting its occupied lands
The visit of a member of the European Parliament from Sweden, Lars Adaktusson, to the occupied territories of Azerbaijan, where the bloodthirsty ethnic cleansing against more than one million people, including the crime against humanity and the Khojaly genocide were committed by Armenia, on the eve of Holocaust means to support the aspirations of occupation, aggression and bloody ethnic cleansing, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry, told APA.
This illegal visit violates the laws of Azerbaijan and norms and principles of international law, as well as harm the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs towards a peaceful solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, noted Hajiyev.
“It is extremely shameful that MEP Lars Adaktusson’s visit took place with the participation and funding of head of the Brussels-based Armenian lobby, who is engaged in money laundering and dirty diamonds trade,” he said.
“At a time when the EU member states themselves suffer from tendencies of aggressive separatism, when the EU and the European Parliament express support for territorial integrity and sovereignty of the Eastern Partnership countries, Lars Adaktusson’s illegal visit to Azerbaijan’s occupied territories and his contacts with the criminal regime established there are not understandable,” stressed the spokesman.
Instead of supporting aggressive separatism and the consequences of occupation, Lars Adaktusson, as a member of the European Parliament, could, by sharing and promoting the experience of the Åland Islands, a successful model of autonomy between Sweden and Finland, contribute to the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, added Hajiyev.
Lars Adaktusson’s name will be included in the list of undesirable persons of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan, noted the spokesman.
Related news releases
- 27.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani President: "The main issue of our foreign policy is the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani-born Armenian arrives in Baku
- 25.05.2018No discussion yet on date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting – Mammadyarov
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani FM: Proposing Karabakh separatists’ participation in talks means ‘killing’ peace process
- 25.05.2018FM: Azerbaijan ready for good neighborly relations with Armenia after restoration of its territorial integrity
- 24.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani people confident of restoring country’s territorial integrity
- 24.05.2018Trump: Coming months bring opportunities to resolve Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 23.05.2018FM: Armenia to resume Karabakh peace process in near future
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets personal representative of OSCE Chairman-in-Office
- 23.05.2018Russia vows to continue active role in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 23.05.2018ECHR soon to hear case of Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia – attorney
- 22.05.2018Baku: Armenia bears int’l legal responsibility for occupation of Azerbaijani territories
- 20.05.2018A serviceman of the Azerbaijan Army was killed as a result of another provocation of Armenia
- 20.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 93 times
- 18.05.201826 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Lachin district by Armenia
- 17.05.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region next month
- 17.05.2018Baku: It’s time for Armenian MFA to change ‘same old song’
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on 26th anniversary of occupation of Lachin by Armenia
- 16.05.2018Crisis Group expert: New gov’t in Armenia opens up new opportunities for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 16.05.2018Armenia’s occupation policy hinders peace in region: Azerbaijani parl’t speaker
- 15.05.2018OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs issue statement on Paris meeting
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan reiterates readiness to intensify talks for early settlement of Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 14.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov to discuss Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict with OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs
- 14.05.2018FM: Resettlement of Syrian Armenians in occupied Azerbaijani territories ‘unacceptable’
- 14.05.2018Armenia-Azerbaiajn Peace Platform holds meeting
- 13.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 12.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: If Pashinyan does not understand need for fair settlement of conflict, this is beginning of his tragedy
- 12.05.201824 years pass since declaration of ceasefire between Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Tigran Balayan trying to be extra active seeking promotion in new Armenian gov’t
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan slams Pashinyan’s proposal to accept separatist Karabakh regime as party in talks
- 10.05.2018Pashinyan’s statements contradict negotiation principles, says Azerbaijani diplomat
- 10.05.2018Bayram Safarov: Pashinyan will someday regret that he visited Shusha
- 09.05.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: The new Prime Minister of Armenia makes controversial statements about the negotiation process
- 09.05.2018Armenia’s new PM visits occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan allows some foreign media representatives to visit Nagorno-Karabakh
- 08.05.2018Six foreigners attempt to trespass Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 08.05.2018Pashinyan says ready for talks with Azerbaijan on Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.2018“Serzh Sargsyan's resignation was overdue”
- 08.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh is not disputed territory, Azerbaijan says
- 29.01.2018Azerbaijani defense minister visits military units on frontline
- 29.01.2018Alcoholic drink made in Karabakh on sale as Armenian product in Moscow
- 30.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity"
- 28.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 116 times
- 26.01.2018Azerbaijan says investigation into crimes committed by Armenians underway
- 26.01.2018“Sargsyan tries to deceive ordinary and poor Armenians”