Azerbaijan suspends activity of Working Group on assessment of damage caused by Armenian occupation
The activity of the Working Group, created under the order of Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers (dated 26 February 2014) in order to asses the damage and losses as a result of the occupation of Azerbaijani territories by Armenia, has been suspended.
Under the order signed by the Cabinet of Ministers on Febuary 24, the State Committee for Affairs of Refugees and IPDs has been entrusted to continue the work in this area as the operational term of the Working Group expired at the end of 2016, APA reported.
Under the order signed by Prime Minister Artur Rasizade, the State Committee for Affairs of Refugees and IDPs is due to create a working group to continue the assessment of damage and losses caused by the Armenian occupation and involve the experts of the abolished working group and representatives of relevant state agencies in a new one.
The newly-created working group shall ensure the estimation of damage caused to the occupied districts, as well as the Azerbaijanis deported from Armenia in 1988-1992, hold international conferences to regularly inform the world community about the damage, losses and casualties caused by the occupation, organize shooting of short film, publication and distribution of books and booklets in various languages and the State Committee shall submit a report to the Cabinet of Ministers on the work done.
The order enters into force from the date of signing.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017ICRC expresses readiness to facilitate handover of Azerbaijani soldier
- 24.11.2017‘Justice for Khojaly!’ int’l campaign presented in Morocco
- 24.11.2017State Committee: 265 Azerbaijani women went missing during Karabakh conflict
- 24.11.2017“14 Azerbaijani children killed in Armenian terror during ceasefire”
- 23.11.2017Armenian armed forces hold next exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 23.11.2017EU official: Countries affected by conflicts should benefit from EU countries’ experience
- 23.11.2017Zakharova comments on availability of ‘Putin Plan’ for Karabakh settlement
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia wants to keep status-quo for as long as possible
- 23.11.2017Stoltenberg: No military solution to Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 23.11.2017EU supports Minsk Group co-chairs’ efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement, says commissioner
- 23.11.2017Zabelin: Azerbaijan has right to reclaim Karabakh
- 23.11.2017Patriarch Kirill: Religious leaders’ co-op aimed at Karabakh conflict settlement is ‘an example of peacekeeping mission’
- 23.11.2017France does not recognize Nagorno-Karabakh: Foreign Ministry
- 22.11.2017Baku reacts to statement Armenian FM voiced at joint press conference with Russian counterpart
- 22.11.2017Erdogan: Only force that can resolve Karabahk conflict is Russia, Putin
- 22.11.2017Landmine explosion kills 3 Armenian soldiers in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijan summons French envoy over France visit of Karabakh illegal regime’s “head”
- 21.11.2017EU asked not to show different attitudes towards Karabakh and Catalan problems
- 21.11.2017Russian FM: Experience shows Karabakh talks unlikely to end soon
- 21.11.2017Lavrov: Russia will continue efforts to create conditions for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 21.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.11.2017OSCE Secretary General: "We closely monitor the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 20.11.2017Turkish ambassador talks about Erdogan's meeting with Putin
- 20.11.2017UNSC resolutions demanding liberation of Azerbaijani lands under discussion – Russian FM
- 20.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement should be tripled
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: UNSC resolutions to remain in force until implementation
- 20.11.2017Russia will work on peaceful solution acceptable to Karabakh conflict parties – Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Status quo in Karabakh conflict is 'unacceptable and unstable'
- 20.11.2017Novruz Mammadov: Despite provocations of Armenia and its patrons, Azerbaijan doesn’t step back from ‘peace course’
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Deadlock in US-Russia ties doesn’t affect cooperation on Karabakh settlement
- 20.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will avenge child victims of Armenian armed provocations
- 20.11.201726 years pass since Armenia shot down military helicopter with Azerbaijani political elite on board
- 19.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 18.11.2017EU Special Representative for South Caucasus to visit Baku
- 18.11.2017Armenia 123 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 17.11.2017Erdogan: "We discussed Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Putin"
- 16.11.2017Armenia continues military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Following Vienna talks, we’ll offer the presidents to meet - INTERVIEW
- 16.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta reacts to reports on alleged U.S. decision to withdraw from OSCE MG chairmanship
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs agree to meet in Vienna next month
- 24.02.2017Situation in zone of Nagorno Karabakh conflict causes concern – OSCE Secretary General
- 25.02.2017Carey Cavanaugh: "The United States should cooperate with Russia in the settlement of Nagorno Karabakh problem"
- 25.02.2017Turkish ambassador: Armenians accusing us of genocide, try to hide traces of crimes they committed
- 24.02.2017Turkish Foreign Ministry condemns Khojaly Massacre
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan to appeal to UNESCO over illegal archaeological activity in occupied lands
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani MPs propose to erect ‘Genocide Memorial’ in Alley of Martyrs