Azerbaijan says Armenia’s non-constructive position is a ‘serious threat’ to regional stability
Armenia’s non-constructive position on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh is a serious threat to regional security, said Azerbaijan’s Minister of Defense Colonel General Zakir Hasanov.
The minister made the remarks at his meeting with French ambassador to Azerbaijan Aurelia Bouchez in Baku March 10, the Defense Ministry’s press service told APA.
Informing the French diplomat about the current situation on the line of contact between Armenian and Azerbaijani troops, the defense minister stressed the need to force Armenia to fulfill the UN Security Council resolutions in line with the norms and principles of international law.
The sides also discussed the military-political situation in the region, the problems of international and regional security, as well as prospects for development of cooperation.
Hasanov emphasized the importance of bilateral ties in the defense area, praising the level of Azerbaijan-France cooperation in the military, military-technical, and military-education areas.
Mrs. Bouchez in her turn said France is interested to carry out joint projects with Azerbaijan in the defense area.
Furthermore, the sides discussed a number of projects being carried out in Azerbaijan by French companies manufacturing defense products, as well as other issues of defense and security that are of common interest.
Related news releases
- 20.05.2018A serviceman of the Azerbaijan Army was killed as a result of another provocation of Armenia
- 20.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 93 times
- 18.05.201826 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Lachin district by Armenia
- 17.05.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region next month
- 17.05.2018Baku: It’s time for Armenian MFA to change ‘same old song’
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on 26th anniversary of occupation of Lachin by Armenia
- 16.05.2018Crisis Group expert: New gov’t in Armenia opens up new opportunities for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 16.05.2018Armenia’s occupation policy hinders peace in region: Azerbaijani parl’t speaker
- 15.05.2018OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs issue statement on Paris meeting
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan reiterates readiness to intensify talks for early settlement of Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 14.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov to discuss Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict with OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs
- 14.05.2018FM: Resettlement of Syrian Armenians in occupied Azerbaijani territories ‘unacceptable’
- 14.05.2018Armenia-Azerbaiajn Peace Platform holds meeting
- 13.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 12.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: If Pashinyan does not understand need for fair settlement of conflict, this is beginning of his tragedy
- 12.05.201824 years pass since declaration of ceasefire between Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Tigran Balayan trying to be extra active seeking promotion in new Armenian gov’t
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan slams Pashinyan’s proposal to accept separatist Karabakh regime as party in talks
- 10.05.2018Pashinyan’s statements contradict negotiation principles, says Azerbaijani diplomat
- 10.05.2018Bayram Safarov: Pashinyan will someday regret that he visited Shusha
- 09.05.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: The new Prime Minister of Armenia makes controversial statements about the negotiation process
- 09.05.2018Armenia’s new PM visits occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan allows some foreign media representatives to visit Nagorno-Karabakh
- 08.05.2018Six foreigners attempt to trespass Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 08.05.2018Pashinyan says ready for talks with Azerbaijan on Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.2018“Serzh Sargsyan's resignation was overdue”
- 08.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh is not disputed territory, Azerbaijan says
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijan says Armenia’s position impedes political settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.201826 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan's Shusha city by Armenia
- 07.05.2018Deputy parliament speaker: Nagorno-Karabakh population would have been better off now had they not revolted against Azerbaijan
- 06.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 82 times
- 04.05.2018Russian MFA comments on possible impact of Armenian political turmoil on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 03.05.2018Crisis Group: Armenia’s political fragility could contribute to escalation of conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh
- 29.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 87 times
- 27.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 26.04.2018Moscow hopes for resumption of talks on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.04.2018Shahbaz Guliyev taken hostage by Armenia sends video message to his family
- 25.04.2018Turkish president calls for settlement of Karabakh conflict in line with int’l law
- 25.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 24.04.2018Andrew Schofer: U.S. continues to strongly support negotiated settlement to Karabakh conflict
- 10.03.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform urges state officials to put an end to war calls
- 10.03.2017US co-chair of OSCE Minsk Group arrives in Azerbaijan
- 10.03.2017Erdogan calls for immediate steps to resolve Karabakh conflict
- 10.03.2017Russia to continue mediatory mission in Karabakh conflict
- 10.03.2017Greece expresses support for Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict
- 10.03.2017Reason for failure to expand Kasprzyk’s Office explained – A proposal unacceptable to Azerbaijan