Azerbaijan opens criminal case against foreign companies illegally operating in occupied territories
The Prosecutor Genera’s Office of Azerbaijan has initiated a criminal case and launched an investigation into the facts of illegal economic activities of foreign companies in the occupied Azerbaijani territories, the press service of Prosecutor General’s Office told APA on Saturday.
The Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office investigated the material submitted by the Foreign Ministry on the illegal economic activities of legal entities in the Azerbaijani territories occupied by Armenian armed forces, said the press service.
The investigations revealed that heads of several companies of Switzerland, Bulgaria, Uruguay, Argentina, Romania and other countries, including the companies Haik Watch and Jewelry Co, Rodino Haskovo JIC, Centro Ceibal, Deccan Gold Mines Ltd and Cosmote Romanian Mobile Telecommunications SA, in 1999-2017, illegally crossed the state border of Azerbaijan several times through Armenia and as an organized group, together with other persons in the occupied territories, created enterprises without state registration envisaged by Azerbaijan’s laws in the Khankandi, Shusha, Lachin, Kalbajar towns and in other settlements.
By conducting these activities, including the use of natural resources and minerals, they caused a large-scale damage obtaining illegal revenues, as well as committed actions aimed at strengthening of the occupation and violation of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity.
Given the abovementioned facts, the Investigation Department for Grave Crimes of the Prosecutor General’s Office has initiated a criminal case under relevant articles and launched an investigation.
The press service added that in accordance with the norms and principles of international law, as well as the national legislation, the Prosecutor General’s Office of Azerbaijan will continue taking the necessary steps against those involved in illegal economic activities in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan, as well as against individuals who cast doubt on Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Karabakh conflict should be resolved through negotiations, compromises
- 19.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Jojug Marjanli has become symbol of our revival
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Let world know that not only Karabakh but also present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2018Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov appeals to Russian counterpart over anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Izvestia newspaper
- 16.04.2018Russian newspaper Izvestiya commits provocation against Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Yemeni blogger apologizes for illegal trip to Karabakh, escapes Azerbaijan's "black list"
- 09.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Legal framework created for settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.04.2018Ariel Cohen: Sides will eventually understand importance of settling Karabakh conflict on basis of UNSC decisions
- 08.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 06.04.2018Italy’s OSCE Chairmanship says not keen on creating new formats for Karabakh talks
- 06.04.2018OSCE hopes meeting between Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents could soon take place
- 06.04.2018Syria’s UN envoy comments on reports on deployment of terrorists from Syria in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 06.04.2018Another ceasefire violation from Armenia
- 05.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The main reason for the unsettledness of the Karabakh problem is that Armenia does not want to change the status quo"
- 05.04.2018Nothing being done to implement decisions on Karabakh problem – Turkish FM
- 05.04.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict will never be accepted – FM Mammadyarov
- 05.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018Minsk Group format shows co-op possible for sake of European security: OSCE Sec-Gen
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijan to present note of protest to France
- 04.04.2018Former Nagorno-Karabakh commandant: ‘All illegal armed groups were disarmed during my time’
- 04.04.2018Washington Times publishes article by Azerbaijani ambassador on 25th anniversary of occupation of Kalbajar
- 04.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.04.2018Russia to grant Armenia interest-free loan for purchase of Iskander missile systems – report
- 03.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.04.2018Indian gov’t has nothing to do with exhibition organized in Khankendi – embassy
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on occupation of Kalbajar region and April escalation of 2016
- 02.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,100 times in March
- 02.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 105 times
- 30.03.2018Ogtay Asadov: Illusion of “greater Armenia” has always brought disasters on South Caucasus
- 29.03.2018Russian FM and OSCE Secretary General to discuss Karabakh conflict
- 29.03.20183 HALO Trust employees killed, 2 injured in landmine explosion in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 29.03.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.03.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.03.2018Baku says Armenian FM has special phobia against substantive negotiations
- 27.03.2018Baku: Armenia responsible for vandalism against Azerbaijan’s cultural heritage
- 04.03.2017Khojaly 25 years on – a moving musical remembrance in the Land of the Gods
- 05.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 05.03.2017Rouhani: Karabakh conflict should be resolved through political means
- 04.03.2017Kyrgyzstan’s position at ECO summit misunderstanding: top Azerbaijani official
- 04.03.2017Top Azerbaijani official: Armenia’s frontline provocations – part of some insidious plans
- 03.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State and Armenian FM discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict