Azerbaijan opens criminal case against foreign companies illegally operating in occupied territories
The Prosecutor Genera’s Office of Azerbaijan has initiated a criminal case and launched an investigation into the facts of illegal economic activities of foreign companies in the occupied Azerbaijani territories, the press service of Prosecutor General’s Office told APA on Saturday.
The Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office investigated the material submitted by the Foreign Ministry on the illegal economic activities of legal entities in the Azerbaijani territories occupied by Armenian armed forces, said the press service.
The investigations revealed that heads of several companies of Switzerland, Bulgaria, Uruguay, Argentina, Romania and other countries, including the companies Haik Watch and Jewelry Co, Rodino Haskovo JIC, Centro Ceibal, Deccan Gold Mines Ltd and Cosmote Romanian Mobile Telecommunications SA, in 1999-2017, illegally crossed the state border of Azerbaijan several times through Armenia and as an organized group, together with other persons in the occupied territories, created enterprises without state registration envisaged by Azerbaijan’s laws in the Khankandi, Shusha, Lachin, Kalbajar towns and in other settlements.
By conducting these activities, including the use of natural resources and minerals, they caused a large-scale damage obtaining illegal revenues, as well as committed actions aimed at strengthening of the occupation and violation of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity.
Given the abovementioned facts, the Investigation Department for Grave Crimes of the Prosecutor General’s Office has initiated a criminal case under relevant articles and launched an investigation.
The press service added that in accordance with the norms and principles of international law, as well as the national legislation, the Prosecutor General’s Office of Azerbaijan will continue taking the necessary steps against those involved in illegal economic activities in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan, as well as against individuals who cast doubt on Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity.
Related news releases
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia, which destroys mosques, can never be a friend of Muslim states
- 19.10.2017Baku: 'Armenian leadership had better read UNSC resolutions on Karabakh'
- 19.10.2017Foreign Ministry: Issue of American showman’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh under investigation
- 18.10.2017Armenians attempt provocation at int’l festival in Sochi
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani State Commission informed of Shahbaz Guliyev’s relocation to Yerevan and return
- 17.10.2017OSCE Chairmanship welcomes fresh commitment by Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 17.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Sargsyan does not want to give up his habit of derailing talks
- 17.10.2017UN Secretary General welcomes summit between Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 16.10.2017Sargsyan: We agreed to take measures to further reduce tension on front line
- 16.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs will hold working sessions with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in near future
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents hold one-on meeting in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents meet in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet today
- 15.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 12.10.2017Meeting between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia to be held in Geneva next week
- 12.10.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s attempts to disrupt Karabakh talks failed - UPDATED
- 08.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 07.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs arrives in Baku
- 06.10.2017Book “Children – Innocent Victims of War” published in Azerbaijan
- 06.10.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: If separatism in Karabakh had been prevented earlier, there would not be Kurdish, Catalan crises
- 06.10.2017Organization of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting discussed in Yerevan
- 06.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs meet with Armenian FM
- 06.10.2017Georgian Parl’t: No real int’l mediation for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 06.10.2017EU supports efforts towards Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement
- 05.10.2017Armenians appeal to Russian Investigative Committee over historian Kuznetsov’s interviews to APA Information Agency
- 05.10.2017Armenian media distorts Czech Senate president’s remarks about Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s actions contradict basic principles of Christianity
- 05.10.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG visits Nagorno Karabakh
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani President: "The absence of pressure on the aggressor at the international level is one of the reasons for the unresolved conflict"
- 04.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 04.10.2017Moscow does not rule out discussion of Karabakh conflict at CIS FMs’ meeting in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia failed to fulfill commitment on Karabakh settlement since accession to Council of Europe
- 04.10.2017Turkey urges citizens not to travel to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 03.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Baku on Oct. 7
- 03.10.2017Ukraine committed to supporting Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – FM
- 02.10.2017“Catalonia referendum was one of events that were huge support to Azerbaijan in respect of Karabakh problem”
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 25th anniversary of Khojavand occupation by Armenia
- 02.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region this week
- 04.03.2017Khojaly 25 years on – a moving musical remembrance in the Land of the Gods
- 05.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 05.03.2017Rouhani: Karabakh conflict should be resolved through political means
- 04.03.2017Kyrgyzstan’s position at ECO summit misunderstanding: top Azerbaijani official
- 04.03.2017Top Azerbaijani official: Armenia’s frontline provocations – part of some insidious plans
- 03.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State and Armenian FM discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict