Azerbaijan hands note to Mexico over MPs’ illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh
At a meeting with Azerbaijan’s Charge d'Affaires in Mexico Mammad Talibov on Tuesday, President of the Chamber of Deputies of Mexico Jorge Carlos Ramírez Marín has commented on the illegal visit of a group of Mexican MPs to Azerbaijan’s territories occupied by Armenia.
Jorge Carlos Ramírez Marín said he is extremely regretful of the fact that three MPs representing MORENA and PRD political parties illegally visited the occupied Azerbaijani territories. He emphasized that in no way their act reflects the positions of the Mexican Chamber of Deputies or the groups of their parties in Congress.
He asked the chairman of the Congressional Commission on Foreign Relations, who took part in the meeting, to investigate the issue and to take appropriate measures for preventing such cases in future.
Marín noted that Mexico's position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged, adding that the Chamber of Deputies supports UN Security Council’s four resolutions which reaffirm the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.
In turn, Ambassador Talibov gave detailed information about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and Armenia's aggression against Azerbaijan. He stressed that the illegal visit of some Mexican MPs’ to the occupied Azerbaijani territories is another provocation of Yerevan and once again exposed the non-constructive nature of the actions of Armenian authorities.
Talibov noted that after the investigation of the matter on instructions from the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry, the embassy immediately handed a note of protest to the Foreign Ministry of Mexico over the Mexican parliamentarians’ illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh.
He added that a letter of protest was also sent to the President of the Chamber of Deputies and the Mexican Co-Chair of the Azerbaijan-Mexico Friendship Group.
The letter considers such visits provocative and inadmissible, and calls for an investigation into the matter.
The resolution adopted by the Chamber of Deputies of Mexico on September 6, 2011 urges Armenia to fulfill four resolutions of the UN Security Council on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- 18.11.2017Armenia 123 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 17.11.2017Erdogan: "We discussed Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Putin"
- 16.11.2017Armenia continues military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Following Vienna talks, we’ll offer the presidents to meet - INTERVIEW
- 16.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta reacts to reports on alleged U.S. decision to withdraw from OSCE MG chairmanship
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs agree to meet in Vienna next month
- 16.11.2017Baku agrees with proposal to hold meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in Vienna - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Moscow reacts to Matthew Bryza’s statement on possible change in Minsk Group format
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage rally outside Armenian embassy in Tbilisi, demand release of hostages Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 15.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan wants concrete results in Karabakh talks
- 15.11.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh must be implemented
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity at any cost
- 14.11.2017Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 14.11.2017Lavrov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement to be discussed in Baku and Yerevan
- 14.11.2017Russian FM Lavrov to visit Azerbaijan and Armenia – report
- 13.11.2017Meeting of OSCE MG co-chairs, PACE co-rapporteurs on Karabakh conflict postponed
- 13.11.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to meet with Armenian FM in Moscow
- 13.11.2017Nearly 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes in disrepair – MP
- 12.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 11.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017U.S. diplomat says status quo in respect of Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’
- 10.11.2017OSCE Permanent Council holds meeting on Karabakh conflict
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan expects OSCE MG to take practical steps to intensify peace negotiations over Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 09.11.2017Contacts in various formats on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict are no exception – Russian Foreign Ministry
- 08.11.2017Armenians attempt to interrupt Karabakh discussions during NATO PA seminar
- 08.11.2017Moscow: OSCE MG co-chairs plan to organize meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs by year-end
- 07.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: To change status quo, occupation of Azerbaijani lands must end
- 07.11.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 07.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta discusses Karabakh conflict with U.S. co-chair of OSCE MG
- 07.11.2017Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents is ‘a positive step’, says U.S. envoy
- 06.11.2017Dennis Sammut: Potential war in Karabakh won’t be like before
- 06.11.2017Turkey's municipal heads visit Jojug Marjanli
- 05.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 04.11.2017Anti-tank grenade blows up killing one and wounding two in Armenian military unit in Nagorno Narakabh
- 03.11.2017Women of Khojaly sends letter to CNN host Bourdain over his illegal visit to Karabakh
- 03.11.2017OSCE chief says ‘important’ to work with Russia to settle conflicts
- 03.11.2017U.S. supports peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict, says ambassador
- 03.11.2017Lavrov: OSCE’s potential should be used in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet OSCE MG co-chairs on Nov. 16
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "The territorial integrity of Azerbaijan must be restored"
- 31.10.2017Bosnia and Herzegovina MP: Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform – a step forward
- 31.10.2017Armenian activist: Azerbaijanis, Armenians can coexist peacefully
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijan sends letter to UN Secretary General on Karabakh conflict
- 31.10.2017Conference on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict underway in Tbilisi
- 31.10.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform asks Pope Francis for support for Karabakh settlement
- 31.10.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform appeals to OSCE MG co-chairs