Azerbaijan hands note to Mexico over MPs’ illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh
At a meeting with Azerbaijan’s Charge d'Affaires in Mexico Mammad Talibov on Tuesday, President of the Chamber of Deputies of Mexico Jorge Carlos Ramírez Marín has commented on the illegal visit of a group of Mexican MPs to Azerbaijan’s territories occupied by Armenia.
Jorge Carlos Ramírez Marín said he is extremely regretful of the fact that three MPs representing MORENA and PRD political parties illegally visited the occupied Azerbaijani territories. He emphasized that in no way their act reflects the positions of the Mexican Chamber of Deputies or the groups of their parties in Congress.
He asked the chairman of the Congressional Commission on Foreign Relations, who took part in the meeting, to investigate the issue and to take appropriate measures for preventing such cases in future.
Marín noted that Mexico's position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged, adding that the Chamber of Deputies supports UN Security Council’s four resolutions which reaffirm the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.
In turn, Ambassador Talibov gave detailed information about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and Armenia's aggression against Azerbaijan. He stressed that the illegal visit of some Mexican MPs’ to the occupied Azerbaijani territories is another provocation of Yerevan and once again exposed the non-constructive nature of the actions of Armenian authorities.
Talibov noted that after the investigation of the matter on instructions from the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry, the embassy immediately handed a note of protest to the Foreign Ministry of Mexico over the Mexican parliamentarians’ illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh.
He added that a letter of protest was also sent to the President of the Chamber of Deputies and the Mexican Co-Chair of the Azerbaijan-Mexico Friendship Group.
The letter considers such visits provocative and inadmissible, and calls for an investigation into the matter.
The resolution adopted by the Chamber of Deputies of Mexico on September 6, 2011 urges Armenia to fulfill four resolutions of the UN Security Council on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- 18.01.2018The OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs issue joint statement on the meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs
- 18.01.2018The OSCE MG Co-Chairs will visit the region in early February
- 18.01.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "The co-chairs proposed a number of creative ideas about the resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 18.01.2018Krakow meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs ends - UPDATED
- 18.01.2018Meeting between Azerbaijani FM, OSCE MG co-chairs kicks off in Krakow
- 18.01.2018Armenia soldier receives gunshot wound
- 18.01.2018Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Poland
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow today
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan welcomes UN chief’s call for revitalizing mediation initiatives for Karabakh conflict
- 17.01.2018ICG reveals some issues to be discussed at upcoming meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani FM: France should prevent entry of Karabakh separatists into its territory
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow
- 15.01.2018MFA: Azerbaijan welcomes the statement of Sergey Lavrov on step by step resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 15.01.2018Moscow says step by step approach needed for Karabakh settlement
- 15.01.2018Russian FM: Karabakh conflict can be resolved only by Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 14.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 13.01.2018EU hails Italy’s commitment to continue strengthening OSCE work to address Karabakh conflict through existing format
- 13.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk reappointed as OSCE Chairman-in-Office Personal Representative
- 12.01.2018U.S. says hopeful signs from Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents should be taken into account
- 11.01.2018FM: Italy to support OSCE MG efforts for Karabakh settlement
- 11.01.2018Department of State urges Americans to avoid traveling to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: World community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as integral part of Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018ICRC visits Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 07.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 02.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 31.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 29.12.2017Armenian parliament vice-speaker shows political illiteracy in every statement – Azerbaijani MFA
- 29.12.2017Date set for next meeting of Sub-Committee on Conflicts between Council of Europe member states
- 28.12.2017Baku: Expansion of Kasprzyk’s office should be conducted in parallel with substantive Karabakh talks
- 28.12.2017Baku says there was revival in Karabakh talks in second half of 2017
- 28.12.2017Baku: Issue of Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia discussed with Russia, OSCE and ICRC
- 28.12.201726 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Khankendi
- 27.12.2017Russia welcomes activation of negotiation process on Karabakh settlement – deputy FM
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijan removes Russian photographer from “black list”
- 25.12.2017Rafael Isakhanian removed as co-chair and member of Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform
- 24.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 139 times
- 23.12.2017Rapprochement of Russia, Iran, Turkey can contribute to resolve Karabakh conflict – Russian political scientist
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani official: EaP summit declaration’s provision on territorial integrity and sovereignty is of great importance
- 31.10.2017Bosnia and Herzegovina MP: Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform – a step forward
- 31.10.2017Armenian activist: Azerbaijanis, Armenians can coexist peacefully
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijan sends letter to UN Secretary General on Karabakh conflict
- 31.10.2017Conference on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict underway in Tbilisi
- 31.10.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform asks Pope Francis for support for Karabakh settlement
- 31.10.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform appeals to OSCE MG co-chairs