Azerbaijan hands note to Mexico over MPs’ illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh
At a meeting with Azerbaijan’s Charge d'Affaires in Mexico Mammad Talibov on Tuesday, President of the Chamber of Deputies of Mexico Jorge Carlos Ramírez Marín has commented on the illegal visit of a group of Mexican MPs to Azerbaijan’s territories occupied by Armenia.
Jorge Carlos Ramírez Marín said he is extremely regretful of the fact that three MPs representing MORENA and PRD political parties illegally visited the occupied Azerbaijani territories. He emphasized that in no way their act reflects the positions of the Mexican Chamber of Deputies or the groups of their parties in Congress.
He asked the chairman of the Congressional Commission on Foreign Relations, who took part in the meeting, to investigate the issue and to take appropriate measures for preventing such cases in future.
Marín noted that Mexico's position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged, adding that the Chamber of Deputies supports UN Security Council’s four resolutions which reaffirm the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.
In turn, Ambassador Talibov gave detailed information about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and Armenia's aggression against Azerbaijan. He stressed that the illegal visit of some Mexican MPs’ to the occupied Azerbaijani territories is another provocation of Yerevan and once again exposed the non-constructive nature of the actions of Armenian authorities.
Talibov noted that after the investigation of the matter on instructions from the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry, the embassy immediately handed a note of protest to the Foreign Ministry of Mexico over the Mexican parliamentarians’ illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh.
He added that a letter of protest was also sent to the President of the Chamber of Deputies and the Mexican Co-Chair of the Azerbaijan-Mexico Friendship Group.
The letter considers such visits provocative and inadmissible, and calls for an investigation into the matter.
The resolution adopted by the Chamber of Deputies of Mexico on September 6, 2011 urges Armenia to fulfill four resolutions of the UN Security Council on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- 20.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Large part of present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Those responsible for Khojaly genocide still enjoy impunity
- 27.02.2018Requiem concert dedicated to Khojaly genocide held in Amsterdam
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by Rossiya-24 correspondent
- 26.02.2018Russian lawmaker urges world community to condemn Khojaly genocide
- 31.10.2017Bosnia and Herzegovina MP: Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform – a step forward
- 31.10.2017Armenian activist: Azerbaijanis, Armenians can coexist peacefully
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijan sends letter to UN Secretary General on Karabakh conflict
- 31.10.2017Conference on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict underway in Tbilisi
- 31.10.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform asks Pope Francis for support for Karabakh settlement
- 31.10.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform appeals to OSCE MG co-chairs