Azerbaijani FM: France should prevent entry of Karabakh separatists into its territory
France, as a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group, should prevent the entry of representatives of the illegal regime, created in Azerbaijani territories occupied by Armenia, into its territory, said Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov.
Mammadyarov made the statement at a meeting with Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, Secretary of State at the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs of France, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
Mammadyarov is paying a working visit to France.
The sides exchanged views on the current state of negotiations aimed at resoling the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Mammadyarov gave detailed information on the process of negotiations over the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict, saying he will meet with OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs and his Armenian counterpart in Krakow, Poland on January 18.
Touching upon the facts of establishing illicit relations by some towns of France with the illegal regime established by Armenia in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan and entry of agents of puppet regime into the territory of France, Elmar Mammadyarov underlined the importance of taking necessary measures by central Government of France to prevent such ill actions.
Having reviewed the economical-trade relations between Azerbaijan and France, the sides highlighted the dynamic development of bilateral cooperation in energy, transport, subway, cosmic, industrial, agriculture, education, culture and other fields. It was also noted that more than 50 French companies operate in Azerbaija in various sectors.
Underlining the close cooperation between Azerbaijan and France in the field of education, the sides noted the Joint Azerbaijani-French University as a vivid example of of this cooperation.
Touching upon Azerbaijan-European Union relations, Mammadyarov said that negotiations on the strategic partnership document between Azerbaijan and EU are going on and the relations develop successfully.
At the end of the meeting in the presence of the ministers "Framework Agreement on Cooperation" and "Cooperation Agreement on Financing and Dissertation" were signed between Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences and Montpellier University. The agreements were signed by Akif Alizade, President of AMEA and Francois Henn vice-president on international relations of Montpellier University.
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani-born Armenian arrives in Baku
- 25.05.2018No discussion yet on date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting – Mammadyarov
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani FM: Proposing Karabakh separatists’ participation in talks means ‘killing’ peace process
- 25.05.2018FM: Azerbaijan ready for good neighborly relations with Armenia after restoration of its territorial integrity
- 24.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani people confident of restoring country’s territorial integrity
- 24.05.2018Trump: Coming months bring opportunities to resolve Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 23.05.2018FM: Armenia to resume Karabakh peace process in near future
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets personal representative of OSCE Chairman-in-Office
- 23.05.2018Russia vows to continue active role in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 23.05.2018ECHR soon to hear case of Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia – attorney
- 22.05.2018Baku: Armenia bears int’l legal responsibility for occupation of Azerbaijani territories
- 20.05.2018A serviceman of the Azerbaijan Army was killed as a result of another provocation of Armenia
- 20.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 93 times
- 18.05.201826 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Lachin district by Armenia
- 17.05.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region next month
- 17.05.2018Baku: It’s time for Armenian MFA to change ‘same old song’
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on 26th anniversary of occupation of Lachin by Armenia
- 16.05.2018Crisis Group expert: New gov’t in Armenia opens up new opportunities for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 16.05.2018Armenia’s occupation policy hinders peace in region: Azerbaijani parl’t speaker
- 15.05.2018OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs issue statement on Paris meeting
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan reiterates readiness to intensify talks for early settlement of Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 14.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov to discuss Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict with OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs
- 14.05.2018FM: Resettlement of Syrian Armenians in occupied Azerbaijani territories ‘unacceptable’
- 14.05.2018Armenia-Azerbaiajn Peace Platform holds meeting
- 13.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 12.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: If Pashinyan does not understand need for fair settlement of conflict, this is beginning of his tragedy
- 12.05.201824 years pass since declaration of ceasefire between Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Tigran Balayan trying to be extra active seeking promotion in new Armenian gov’t
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan slams Pashinyan’s proposal to accept separatist Karabakh regime as party in talks
- 10.05.2018Pashinyan’s statements contradict negotiation principles, says Azerbaijani diplomat
- 10.05.2018Bayram Safarov: Pashinyan will someday regret that he visited Shusha
- 09.05.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: The new Prime Minister of Armenia makes controversial statements about the negotiation process
- 09.05.2018Armenia’s new PM visits occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan allows some foreign media representatives to visit Nagorno-Karabakh
- 08.05.2018Six foreigners attempt to trespass Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 08.05.2018Pashinyan says ready for talks with Azerbaijan on Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.2018“Serzh Sargsyan's resignation was overdue”
- 08.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh is not disputed territory, Azerbaijan says
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijan says Armenia’s position impedes political settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.201826 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan's Shusha city by Armenia
- 17.01.2018ICG reveals some issues to be discussed at upcoming meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan welcomes UN chief’s call for revitalizing mediation initiatives for Karabakh conflict
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow today
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow
- 15.01.2018MFA: Azerbaijan welcomes the statement of Sergey Lavrov on step by step resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 15.01.2018Moscow says step by step approach needed for Karabakh settlement