Armenia becomes a political, economic, energy and transportation dead-end – Azerbaijani president
Armenia has become a political, economic, energy and transportation dead-end, said Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev.
He made the remarks addressing the 6th congress of the New Azerbaijan Party on Feb. 8, APA reports.
The head of state noted that all respected international organizations support Azerbaijan’s stance on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
“The UN, OSCE, Council of Europe, European Parliament, Organization of Islamic Cooperation, Non-Aligned Movement – all these leading organizations have adopted resolutions and decisions supporting our position on the conflict,” he said.
President Aliyev reiterated that the entire world recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as Azerbaijan’s integral part.
“No countries recognize the illegal regime created in the occupied territories, and I’m sure that they will never recognize it. Historical facts also strengthen our position, because Nagorno-Karabakh is our native, historical land,” the president said. “Decisions and resolutions of international organizations strengthen both political and legal bases. Our position on the conflict settlement prevails, especially in the present circumstances.”
He stressed that separatism tendencies are increasing in different parts of the world, in particular in Europe.
“Europe also sees how dangerous separatism is. Azerbaijan has faced aggressive separatism. Therefore, the processes related to the ongoing conflicts around the world have further strengthened our position,” the president said.
“It is no coincidence that the resolution adopted at the Eastern Partnership Summit in November last year unequivocally supported the sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence of the Eastern Partnership member states. I can say that the resolution of this format was adopted for the first time. It was another blow to Armenia, their next defeat, and our next victory. In fact, it was another triumph of justice. We just have to pursue our own policy, and we will do it. We must and will continue to exert more pressure on Armenia. We need to bring our truth to the world community,” he added.
President Aliyev reiterated that the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict must be resolved within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity on the basis of UN Security Council resolutions.
“There is no other way. We will never allow a second Armenian state to be created in our lands. Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity is not and will never be a matter of discussion. We just have to intensify our efforts, and we are doing it. I’m confidence that this issue will fairly resolved in accordance with international law, and our country’s territorial integrity will be restored,” he said.
The head of state stressed that now everyone sees that Armenia has become a hostage and a victim of its aggressive policy.
"We could isolate them from all international projects, all energy and transport lines bypass them, and we did it. Despite the fact that it was not an easy issue. Unfortunately, the pro-Armenian forces in the world, the Armenian lobby and some politicians, who sold for Armenian money, are always trying to include Armenia in the projects that we have initiated. We have always objected to this very seriously, and the projects implemented on our initiative completely left Armenia aside. The Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan, Baku-Tbilisi- Erzurum, the Southern Gas Corridor projects and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars bypassed them," he said.
President Aliyev said that the North-South transport corridor will also pass bypass them thanks to Azerbaijan's policy.
"We do not hide this. Although some people are trying to accuse us of keeping them in isolation. Yes, we are keeping and will keep them in isolation until our lands are liberated from the occupation. This policy gives its results," the President stressed.
President Aliyev emphasized that no one now invests in Armenia.
"First of all, because the criminal, corrupt and bloodthirsty regime that seized the power in Armenia does not allow investing, all previously invested and donated money has been stolen by the regime. On the other hand, the market restrictions and decreasing market does not allow a serious investor to come there and export opportunities are also very limited. Because, there should be ways for export, even though there are ways, it does not create a full investment opportunity. Of course, we have done so much and this policy will be continued. According to their latest statistics, last year, more than 40,000 people have permanently left the country, and this tendency goes on yearly. As a result of our efforts, Armenia has become political, economic, energy and transportation dead-end, and of course, its future growth is dark," President Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 27.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani President: "The main issue of our foreign policy is the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani-born Armenian arrives in Baku
- 25.05.2018No discussion yet on date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting – Mammadyarov
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani FM: Proposing Karabakh separatists’ participation in talks means ‘killing’ peace process
- 25.05.2018FM: Azerbaijan ready for good neighborly relations with Armenia after restoration of its territorial integrity
- 24.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani people confident of restoring country’s territorial integrity
- 24.05.2018Trump: Coming months bring opportunities to resolve Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 23.05.2018FM: Armenia to resume Karabakh peace process in near future
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets personal representative of OSCE Chairman-in-Office
- 23.05.2018Russia vows to continue active role in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 23.05.2018ECHR soon to hear case of Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia – attorney
- 22.05.2018Baku: Armenia bears int’l legal responsibility for occupation of Azerbaijani territories
- 20.05.2018A serviceman of the Azerbaijan Army was killed as a result of another provocation of Armenia
- 20.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 93 times
- 18.05.201826 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Lachin district by Armenia
- 17.05.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region next month
- 17.05.2018Baku: It’s time for Armenian MFA to change ‘same old song’
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on 26th anniversary of occupation of Lachin by Armenia
- 16.05.2018Crisis Group expert: New gov’t in Armenia opens up new opportunities for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 16.05.2018Armenia’s occupation policy hinders peace in region: Azerbaijani parl’t speaker
- 15.05.2018OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs issue statement on Paris meeting
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan reiterates readiness to intensify talks for early settlement of Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 14.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov to discuss Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict with OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs
- 14.05.2018FM: Resettlement of Syrian Armenians in occupied Azerbaijani territories ‘unacceptable’
- 14.05.2018Armenia-Azerbaiajn Peace Platform holds meeting
- 13.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 12.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: If Pashinyan does not understand need for fair settlement of conflict, this is beginning of his tragedy
- 12.05.201824 years pass since declaration of ceasefire between Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Tigran Balayan trying to be extra active seeking promotion in new Armenian gov’t
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan slams Pashinyan’s proposal to accept separatist Karabakh regime as party in talks
- 10.05.2018Pashinyan’s statements contradict negotiation principles, says Azerbaijani diplomat
- 10.05.2018Bayram Safarov: Pashinyan will someday regret that he visited Shusha
- 09.05.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: The new Prime Minister of Armenia makes controversial statements about the negotiation process
- 09.05.2018Armenia’s new PM visits occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan allows some foreign media representatives to visit Nagorno-Karabakh
- 08.05.2018Six foreigners attempt to trespass Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 08.05.2018Pashinyan says ready for talks with Azerbaijan on Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.2018“Serzh Sargsyan's resignation was overdue”
- 08.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh is not disputed territory, Azerbaijan says
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ withdrawal from Azerbaijani territories key to political settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani FM says there is ‘intensity, concrete and logical flow’ in Karabakh talks
- 09.02.2018Baku: Nalbandian’s offensive attitude towards UNSC resolutions shows Armenia’s disrespect for UN Charter
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia to remain isolated until occupied Azerbaijani lands get liberated
- 08.02.2018Armenian scientist banned from participating in Italy int’l conference for conducting research in Karabakh
- 08.02.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army