Anti-Azerbaijan provocation prevented during scientific seminar in Moscow
An anti-Azerbaijan provocation has been prevented during a scientific seminar at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations.
At the 27th meeting of the seminar entitled "Caucasus in the past and now (society and politics, economy and culture)" held at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), a report (“Шамхорская трагедия 1918 г.: предьстория, ход и последствия”) by Vadim Mukhanov, pro-Armenian senior research fellow at the MGIMO Centre for problems of the Caucasus and Regional Security, was heard, APA’s Moscow correspondent reported.
Azerbaijani scientists were not allowed to join the event. Although Azerbaijani historians were finally allowed to take part in the event, the organizers did not provide allow Azerbaijani journalists to join for the fact that the event was not intended for the media.
In his report, Mukhanov noted that during the Shamkir events Azerbaijanis killed Russian soldiers who had returned from the First World War. According to the author, these acts of Azerbaijanis at that time triggered a civil war in the Caucasus. The pro-Armenian author also insulted the Azerbaijani people in his monograph, calling the Azerbaijanis a “Muslim gang".
Following the event, leading research fellow at ANAS, doctor of historical sciences, professor Solmaz Rustamova-Tohidi told APA that Mukhanov Mukhanov is well known by Azerbaijan’s scientific community.
"We do know his stance in regard to Azerbaijan. It is no coincidence that this book has been published and this report has been heard on the eve of the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic. I said during the seminar that the author’s statements in the monograph is regarded as biased in Azerbaijan. What happened at the Shamkir station from January 8 to 12, in 1918 was a military operation. Russian military units, which had been released on the request of the Transcaucasian Commissariat, had to deliver their weapons while leaving the South Caucasus, but the Russian troops did not want to hand over their weapons. Some of the military echelons going north via Azerbaijan and Georgia were giving their weapons to the Bolshevik-Dashnak forces headed by Stepan Shaumyan in Baku. I asked how the author determined the status of those military units. Mukhanov calls them Russian soldiers in the monograph. He could not answer my question. My second question was, what did he mean by civil war? In the book, Azerbaijanis and Georgians are accused of rejecting Bolshevik rule. The book deals with the Transcaucasian countries, but Armenian activities are not mentioned. Mukhanov evaded by giving answering the questions in general terms,” she said.
Rustamova-Tohidi also noted that the Armenian scientists tried to prevent her from giving speaking. She said that it is sad that such an anti-Azerbaijan event was held at MGIMO.
Speaking at the event, Candidate of Historical Sciences in Eldar Abbasov said that Mukhanov did not refer to any historical sources in the monograph: "That’s what my question was about. Mukhanov failed to mention a historical source because his views were not based on any.”
Oleg Kuznetsov, a Russian historian-scientist who did not have the chance to speak at the event and who is the author of numerous monographs exposing the lies about the Armenian history, said that the MGIMO hosts events on Caucasus on a regular basis.
"This event was academic on the one hand academic and formal on the other hand. This type of events aims to discuss and give recommendations on publishing. The main purpose of the event was to publish this monograph by Vadim Mukhanov in April, on the eve of the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic. These efforts are aimed at casting shadow on the events to be held in connection with the 100th anniversary of the the Azerbaijani people having gained independence,” he said.
- 20.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Dialogue must be established between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA comments on Armenian president’s congratulatory message to illegal regime in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Erdogan: One of greatest atrocities in human history happened in Khojaly
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister: War may break out at any time
- 19.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 17.02.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 26th anniversary of Garadaghli massacre
- 15.02.2018Moscow says hopes for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.02.2018Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan can be exchanged for Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev – State Commission
- 14.02.2018MFA: Armenia must finally understand that occupation of Azerbaijani lands will never produce desired political outcome
- 14.02.2018Russian musician off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018US Intelligence: Tension over Karabakh could develop into large-scale conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 12.02.2018Bulgaria president: Karabakh conflict can be settled only through peaceful means
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Attempts to change Nagorno-Karabakh’s demographics ‘gross violation’ of int’l humanitarian law
- 11.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 131 times
- 11.02.201826 years pass since occupation of Malibeyli, Gushchular villages of Azerbaijan’s Shusha
- 09.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meets Armenian president
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ presence in Azerbaijani territories remains major cause of non-settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.02.2018EU: Nagorno-Karabakh conflict a ‘very big challenge’
- 09.02.2018Mogherini: EU supports Azerbaijan’s sovereignty and territorial integrity
- 09.02.2018Baku: Nalbandian’s offensive attitude towards UNSC resolutions shows Armenia’s disrespect for UN Charter
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani FM says there is ‘intensity, concrete and logical flow’ in Karabakh talks
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ withdrawal from Azerbaijani territories key to political settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 08.02.2018Armenia becomes a political, economic, energy and transportation dead-end – Azerbaijani president
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia to remain isolated until occupied Azerbaijani lands get liberated
- 08.02.2018Armenian scientist banned from participating in Italy int’l conference for conducting research in Karabakh
- 08.02.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 07.02.2018Intensive talks to continue after presidential elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia – MFA
- 07.02.2018U.S. says will continue efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 01.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies conditions for increasing number of OSCE observers on contact line of troops
- 01.02.2018Russian FM talks about increasing number of OSCE observers in Karabakh conflict zone
- 01.02.2018Italian FM comments on expansion of OSCE observation mission in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 01.02.2018OSCE chairman hails Russia’s crucial role in resolving regional conflicts
- 01.02.2018Russia’s Lavrov: OSCE to continue joint work to contribute to Karabakh conflict settlement
- 01.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,800 times in January
- 31.01.2018Russian MFA comments on possible role of Moscow-Ankara-Tehran format in settling Karabakh conflict
- 31.01.2018Russia takes measures to increase number of OSCE observes in Karabakh conflict zone – Foreign Ministry
- 31.01.2018France’s Macron says he will visit Nagorno-Karabakh after conflict settlement
- 04.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 130 times
- 06.02.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk visits Tartar District Executive Authority
- 07.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives OSCE MG co-chairs
- 02.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Nagorno-Karabakh
- 02.02.2018Foreign Ministry makes statement on scheduled visit of OSCE MG co-chairs to Azerbaijan
- 02.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Armenia on Feb. 7