Ambassador: MPs’ visit to Nagorno-Karabakh doesn’t reflect stance of Mexican gov’t
The visit of Mexican parliamentarians to the conflict zone does not reflect the official stance of the Mexican government on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Mexican Ambassador to Azerbaijan Juan Rodrigo Labardini Flores told APA on Thursday.
He said that the Mexican government received the news of visit after it had taken place.
Mexico supports a peaceful settlement of the long-standing Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the ambassador stressed.
“The position of the Mexican government is clear from this point of view,” he said urging Azerbaijan and Armenia to resolve the conflict through the mediation of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs.
“The Mexican government supports the resolution of this conflict within international law. We are of the opinion that the relevant UN Security Council resolutions should be fulfilled. These resolutions call for compliance with the ceasefire in the conflict zone and urges respect for Azerbaijan's territorial integrity and sovereignty,” added the ambassador.
The ambassador noted that the Mexican government will investigate the MPs’ illegal visit.
The illegal visit of Mexican MPs Blanca Margarita Cuata Domínguez, María Cristina Teresa García Bravo, and Carlos Hernández Mirón to Azerbaijani lands occupied by Armenia is under investigation, Hikmat Hajiyev, Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesperson, said earlier.
The Azerbaijani Embassy in Mexico has been given relevant instructions in this regard, Hajiyev said.
The Mexican MPs, accompanied by Armenian Parliament vice-speaker Edward Sharmazanov, met with Ashot Gulyan, the “speaker” of the “parliament” of the separatist regime created in the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
Related news releases
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow
- 15.01.2018MFA: Azerbaijan welcomes the statement of Sergey Lavrov on step by step resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 15.01.2018Moscow says step by step approach needed for Karabakh settlement
- 15.01.2018Russian FM: Karabakh conflict can be resolved only by Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 14.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 13.01.2018EU hails Italy’s commitment to continue strengthening OSCE work to address Karabakh conflict through existing format
- 13.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk reappointed as OSCE Chairman-in-Office Personal Representative
- 12.01.2018U.S. says hopeful signs from Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents should be taken into account
- 11.01.2018FM: Italy to support OSCE MG efforts for Karabakh settlement
- 11.01.2018Department of State urges Americans to avoid traveling to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: World community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as integral part of Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018ICRC visits Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 07.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 02.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 31.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 29.12.2017Armenian parliament vice-speaker shows political illiteracy in every statement – Azerbaijani MFA
- 29.12.2017Date set for next meeting of Sub-Committee on Conflicts between Council of Europe member states
- 28.12.2017Baku: Expansion of Kasprzyk’s office should be conducted in parallel with substantive Karabakh talks
- 28.12.2017Baku says there was revival in Karabakh talks in second half of 2017
- 28.12.2017Baku: Issue of Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia discussed with Russia, OSCE and ICRC
- 28.12.201726 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Khankendi
- 27.12.2017Russia welcomes activation of negotiation process on Karabakh settlement – deputy FM
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijan removes Russian photographer from “black list”
- 25.12.2017Rafael Isakhanian removed as co-chair and member of Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform
- 24.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 139 times
- 23.12.2017Rapprochement of Russia, Iran, Turkey can contribute to resolve Karabakh conflict – Russian political scientist
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani official: EaP summit declaration’s provision on territorial integrity and sovereignty is of great importance
- 23.12.2017High time to resolve Karabakh conflict – Turkish envoy
- 22.12.2017World’s superpowers not interested in resolving Karabakh problem – ISESCO
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity is as valuable as that of all other countries
- 21.12.2017Idea of creating a second Armenian state is a ‘dangerous and sick logic’ – Azerbaijani president
- 20.12.2017Cavusoglu: Turkey supports Azerbaijan’s formula of Karabakh conflict settlement
- 20.12.2017Next meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to be held in a European country
- 19.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.12.2017NATO hopes for positive change in Karabakh peace process, Gottemoeller says
- 17.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 16.12.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.12.2017Turkey: Armenia must be held accountable for crimes in Azerbaijan’s Khojaly
- 27.10.2017Pakistan doesn’t recognize Armenia as a state, says ambassador
- 28.10.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Zangilan: 24 years under Armenian occupation
- 26.10.2017Top official accuses Euronews of indifference to refugee crisis in Azerbaijan
- 26.10.2017Moscow welcomes agreement reached at Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 26.10.2017Mubariz Gurbanli: Armenians continue to spread lies