Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan will never give up principle of territorial integrity
“Azerbaijan has already expressed its stance on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict to the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs, the UN Security Council, the Council of Europe and the international community. The position is that Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity must be restored, refugees and internally displaced people must return to their homes, and the norms of international law must be observed,” said Hasanov commenting on the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs’ visit to Azerbaijan.
“Of course, we understand the compromise, the various positions of the co-chairing countries and international organizations on this issue. But the most important is the matter of territorial integrity, the inviolable principle of international law, which Azerbaijan will never give up,” he said.
As repeatedly stated by President Ilham Aliyev, Azerbaijan will go no compromise on its territorial integrity, stressed Hasanov.
He added that Azerbaijan is also ready to achieve constructive peace in the region.
The presidential aide said that the next visit of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to Azerbaijan is aimed at clarifying the situation and the parties’ positions, and contributing to the resolution of the conflict on the background of rapprochement of these positions.
“We believe that the meeting held in any format is important in terms of finding common ways, and they will be found sooner or later. Otherwise, the war and liberation of Nagorno-Karabakh and other occupied territories by the Azerbaijani army are inevitable,” he added.
Related news releases
- 25.06.2017Armenians violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 148 times
- 24.06.2017Erdogan: "Turkey and Azerbaijan are on the same position on Karabakh issue"
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani army adequately retaliated against enemy a week ago – President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Int’l community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as an integral part of Azerbaijan
- 23.06.2017EU: Ceasefire violations indicate status quo in Karabak conflict ‘unsustainable’
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijan’s refugee and IDP pain highlighted in the French Senate
- 22.06.2017Moscow says OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs’ latest statement fully reflects its stance
- 22.06.2017MFA spokesman: OSCE MG co-chairs should draw conclusions from public discontent in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017ICRC begins dialogue with parties on Armenian scout captured by Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2017U.S. Department of State: "The United States is deeply concerned over the recent violations of the ceasefire"
- 21.06.2017ICRC visits Azerbaijani detainees in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijan removes Japanese blogger from ‘black list’
- 21.06.2017Stark reminders of Azerbaijan’s IDP plight come to Brussels
- 21.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 20.06.2017EU envoy expresses concern over situation in South Caucasus
- 20.06.2017Minister: There can’t be an influx of tourists to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani deputy PM: Some Muslim countries still provide assistance to Armenia
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani deputy PM criticizes OSCE MG co-chairs for failing to settle Karabakh conflict
- 19.06.2017Co-chairs to brief Minsk Group members on Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia pursues goal of undermining Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement after their visit to region
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: Most int’l organizations recognize occupation of Azerbaijani territories
- 19.06.2017Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed: German envoy
- 19.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia tries to interfere with OSCE MG co-chairs’ activities
- 19.06.2017Popov expresses regret over recent ceasefire violations on contact line
- 17.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Responsibility for escalation of situation in front entirely falls on Armenia
- 17.06.2017Another Armenian soldier killed on frontline
- 17.06.2017Two Armenian soldiers wounded in Nagorno Karabakh
- 16.06.2017Three Armenian soldiers violating ceasefire killed
- 16.06.2017IDP plight highlighted for new Westminster Parliament
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia’s policy aimed at maintaining status-quo hinders progress in Karabakh talks
- 16.06.2017Bryza: War is in interests of neither Azerbaijan nor Armenia
- 16.06.2017Ex-US ambassador: Armenia should withdraw from occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No progress will be achieved in Karabakh talks until US, Russia come to agreement
- 16.06.2017Minister: Armenia tries to misappropriate cultural monuments in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 15.06.2017Russian, French FMs may discuss Karabakh conflict in Moscow
- 15.06.2017Russia says it's doing 'everything possible' for compromise to be reached on Karabakh conflict
- 15.06.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani president: Restoration of Jojug Marjanli village is a historic event
- 14.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Army building is number-one priority for Azerbaijani leadership
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani official accuses Armenia of continued provocations
- 19.06.2017Popov: Minsk Group co-chairs’ latest statement addressed to both sides
- 19.06.2017Popov: Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents stand for continuation of peace talks
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani defense minister meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to start visit to Azerbaijan today
- 18.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars