“14 Azerbaijani children killed in Armenian terror during ceasefire”
Despite the announcement of a ceasefire in 1994, 14 Azerbaijani children were killed and 20 others were injured in the wake of Armenian terrorism, Chairwoman of the State Committee for Family, Woman and Children Affairs Hijran Huseynova said in an interview to the website of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP).
She noted that 175 Azerbaijani children were killed and hundreds wounded during the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
“The Azerbaijani state managed to release some 214 children from captivity and hostages. Sixty-six children went missing as a result of the conflict and 29 others are being held hostage,” added Huseynova.
The state committee chairwoman said that one of the first international documents to which Azerbaijan joined is the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
“This gave impetus to work to improve the national legislation, create new mechanism and form common principles for combating violence against children. Moreover, using this document as an international tribune, the Azerbaijani government, for the first time, informed the international community about Armenia's aggression against our territory and the fact that about more than 300,000 children became refugees and internally displaced,” she added.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018Shahbaz Guliyev taken hostage by Armenia sends video message to his family
- 25.04.2018Turkish president calls for settlement of Karabakh conflict in line with int’l law
- 25.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 24.04.2018Andrew Schofer: U.S. continues to strongly support negotiated settlement to Karabakh conflict
- 24.04.2018DNA samples being taken from family members of those reported missing in Karabakh conflict – State Commission
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan says ready to continue Karabakh talks with sensible political forces in Armenia
- 24.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 20.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Karabakh conflict should be resolved through negotiations, compromises
- 19.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Jojug Marjanli has become symbol of our revival
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Let world know that not only Karabakh but also present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2018Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov appeals to Russian counterpart over anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Izvestia newspaper
- 16.04.2018Russian newspaper Izvestiya commits provocation against Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Yemeni blogger apologizes for illegal trip to Karabakh, escapes Azerbaijan's "black list"
- 09.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Legal framework created for settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.04.2018Ariel Cohen: Sides will eventually understand importance of settling Karabakh conflict on basis of UNSC decisions
- 08.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 06.04.2018Italy’s OSCE Chairmanship says not keen on creating new formats for Karabakh talks
- 06.04.2018OSCE hopes meeting between Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents could soon take place
- 06.04.2018Syria’s UN envoy comments on reports on deployment of terrorists from Syria in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 06.04.2018Another ceasefire violation from Armenia
- 05.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The main reason for the unsettledness of the Karabakh problem is that Armenia does not want to change the status quo"
- 05.04.2018Nothing being done to implement decisions on Karabakh problem – Turkish FM
- 05.04.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict will never be accepted – FM Mammadyarov
- 05.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018Minsk Group format shows co-op possible for sake of European security: OSCE Sec-Gen
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijan to present note of protest to France
- 04.04.2018Former Nagorno-Karabakh commandant: ‘All illegal armed groups were disarmed during my time’
- 04.04.2018Washington Times publishes article by Azerbaijani ambassador on 25th anniversary of occupation of Kalbajar
- 04.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.04.2018Russia to grant Armenia interest-free loan for purchase of Iskander missile systems – report
- 03.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.04.2018Indian gov’t has nothing to do with exhibition organized in Khankendi – embassy
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on occupation of Kalbajar region and April escalation of 2016
- 02.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,100 times in March
- 02.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017State Committee: 265 Azerbaijani women went missing during Karabakh conflict
- 24.11.2017‘Justice for Khojaly!’ int’l campaign presented in Morocco
- 24.11.2017ICRC expresses readiness to facilitate handover of Azerbaijani soldier
- 23.11.2017Armenian armed forces hold next exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 23.11.2017EU official: Countries affected by conflicts should benefit from EU countries’ experience
- 23.11.2017Zakharova comments on availability of ‘Putin Plan’ for Karabakh settlement