Galatasaray comeback defeat Akhisarspor
A second half comeback in the Saturday evening match in Istanbul Turk Telekom Stadium saw Galatasaray defeat Akhisarspor 4-2, APA reports quoting Anadolu agency.
Galatasaray was shocked in the 17th minute when Brazilian defender Maicon put the ball into his own net after a dangerous low-cross by Akhisarspor player Miguel Lopes.
The Istanbul club conceded another goal in the 45th minute, only two minutes after Lopes was given a red card after taking down Yasin Oztekin just outside the penalty box.
Olcan Adin saw Galatasaray Fernando Muslera was out of his box and hunted the experienced goalie with a long chip.
But the second half proved to be a fairy tale for 'CimBom', they found their first goal of the match in the 49th minute, when midfielder Fernando Reges' long-distance shot found the net.
Striker Bafetimbi Gomis did his job just two minutes after with a powerful strike deflected by Akhisarspor defenders, finding the right low side of the net.
However, Gomis was shown a red card in the 68th minute.
Galatasaray took the lead with a third goal in the 70th minute, this time Younes Belhanda found the net inside the penalty box, after defender Jason Denayer just barely managed to keep the ball inside and made a cross, Sofiane Feghouli let it pass between his legs to set up Belhanda with an easy strike.
Feghouli, in the dying minutes of the match, got on the scoresheet during a counter attack as well.
Galatasaray increased their points total to 32 and took the first spot, while Akhisarspor were left with 19.
Here are all the results so far in the league's 15th week matches:
Bursaspor - Fenerbahce: 0-1
Kasimpasa - Trabzonspor: 0-3
Yeni Malatyaspor - Goztepe: 2-3
Antalyaspor - Genclerbirligi: 1-1
Galatasaray - Akhisarspor: 4-2
Related news releases
- 23.03.2018Serbia expelled from handball event for cancelling Kosovo match
- 17.03.2018Fenerbahce, Galatasaray goalless in Istanbul derby
- 15.03.2018Bayern Munich knocks Besiktas out of Champions League
- 10.03.2018FIFA imposes transfer ban on Turkey's Trabzonspor
- 07.03.2018Ronaldo scores again as Champions League holders Real Madrid beat PSG
- 04.03.2018Neymar undergoes successful foot surgery
- 04.03.2018Video assistant referees set to be used at 2018 World Cup in Russia
- 04.03.2018Galatasaray crush bottom-placed Karabukspor 7-0
- 28.02.2018Galatasaray grab 2-1 away lead in Turkish Cup
- 23.02.2018A police officer has died following clashes between Athletic Bilbao and Spartak Moscow fans
- 21.02.2018Champions League: Bayern dominates Besiktas in 5-0 rout
- 09.02.2018FIFA World Cup Trophy presented to President Ilham Aliyev
- 07.02.2018Besiktas first semi-finalist of Turkish Cup
- 31.01.2018Football: Arsenal sign Aubameyang for record fee
- 17.01.2018Agent says former World Cup winner Ronaldinho has retired
- 01.12.20172018 World Cup group stage draw held
- 30.11.2017Football: Basaksehir, Trabzonspor win in Turkish Cup
- 29.11.2017Football: Galatasaray defeat Sivas Belediyespor 5-1
- 25.11.2017Galatasaray bounce back with 2-0 win over Alanyaspor
- 25.11.2017President of FC Gabala: “Championship will not be easy”
- 25.11.2017Barca extends Messi's contract until 2021
- 24.11.2017Football: Konyaspor, Marseille draw in Europa League
- 23.11.2017British ambassador says ‘she was upset with defeat of Qarabag FK’
- 22.11.2017Champions League: Qarabag 0-4 Chelsea
- 21.11.2017Besiktas advance to Champions League's Round of 16
- 20.11.2017Ilham Aliyev receives FIFA president and secretary general
- 19.11.2017Football: Basaksehir trash leaders Galatasaray, 5-1
- 10.11.2017Russia unveils official match ball of 2018 FIFA World Cup; Messi ‘gives it a try’
- 04.11.2017Ghana ranks 52nd on FIFA World Ranking
- 03.11.2017Gurban Gurbanov appointed head coach of Azerbaijani national football team
- 03.11.2017Europa League: Konyaspor, Salzburg draw 0-0 in Austria
- 01.11.2017UEFA Champions League: Atletico Madrid 1 - 1 Qarabagh FC
- 26.10.2017AFFA does not extend contract with Robert Prosinečki
- 24.10.2017Cristiano Ronaldo named Best FIFA Men's Player for second year running
- 24.10.2017Fifa Best Awards: Olivier Giroud wins the Puskas Award for stunning scorpion kick
- 18.10.2017Qarabag gets first UEFA Champions League Group point
- 07.10.2017Football: Iceland crush Turkey's 2018 World Cup dreams
- 06.10.2017Bayern Munich confirm Jupp Heynckes return for fourth spell as head coach
- 01.10.2017Galatasaray win thanks to last-minute goal
- 27.09.2017Champions League: Qarabag 1 – 2 Roma
- 18.12.2017Galatasaray sacks manager Tudor upon poor performance in recent weeks
- 23.12.2017Real defeated by Barcelona
- 06.01.2018Everton signs Turkish striker Cenk Tosun
- 08.12.2017Football: Konyaspor eliminated from Europa League
- 07.12.2017Cristiano Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or for a fifth time
- 02.12.2017Besiktas routs Galatasaray 3-0 in year's final derby