Azerbaijan: visa-free entry for Islamic Games participants and journalists
Azerbaijan will introduce a visa-free regime for all participants of the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games, as well as accredited persons, said Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Hikmat Hajiyev.
Hajiyev made the remarks at a conference held in Baku April 20 within the framework of the ‘Year of Islamic Solidarity' in Azerbaijan and on the eve of the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games, APA reported.
He noted that about 1,000 local and foreign media outlets have applied for accreditation to cover the competitions.
“The majority of appeals have been given positive feedback and the process is underway,” said Hajiyev.
The Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games is an exciting multi-sport event uniting the Islamic world, which will take place in Baku, Azerbaijan from 12 – 22 May 2017.
Athletes from Islamic countries around the world will be representing their nations over 10 days of competition across 20 different sports which include 24 disciplines (Athletics and Para Athletics, Aquatics – Diving, Aquatics – Swimming, Aquatics – Water Polo, Basketball 3x3, Football, Gymnastics – Artistic, Gymnastics – Rhythmic, Wushu, Table Tennis, Handball, Judo and Blind Judo, Wrestling – Greco, Wrestling – Freestyle, Shooting, Tennis, Volleyball, Boxing, Zurkhaneh, Karate, Taekwondo and Weightlifting) in 16 state-of-the-art competition venues across Baku.
Azerbaijan’s capital city Baku was awarded the Games at the General Assembly of the Islamic Solidarity Sports Federation (ISSF) in Jeddah in July 2013.
Related news releases
- 18.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to development of sports in Azerbaijan
- 18.12.2017Azerbaijani president: No sports success possible without children’s sports
- 18.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is a strong sporting nation
- 18.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Azerbaijani athletes who achieved high results in 2017
- 18.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony dedicated to sport results of 2017
- 12.12.2017ROC’s Assembly stands for Russian athletes’ participation in Winter Olympics
- 10.12.2017OCR head hopes Russian athletes’ Olympic kits to feature national details
- 06.12.2017IOC president denies political reasons behind decision to bar Russia from 2018 Games
- 06.12.2017Russian athletes may carry national flag at 2018 Olympics closing if IOC demands met
- 05.12.2017Russia banned from 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Absheron Olympic Sport Complex - UPDATED
- 29.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Sports has turned into important social factor in Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017President: Holding int’l competitions in Azerbaijan has become a tradition
- 29.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Funds allocated for sports development in Azerbaijan yielding results
- 29.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev presented with highest award of Int’l Judo Federation - UPDATED
- 29.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receive representatives of international sports organizations
- 05.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves additional funding for construction of Olympic Sports Complex in Lankaran
- 24.01.2017Ecclestone replaced as Formula One boss: report
- 23.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan always takes principled position on any matter
- 23.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Baku 2015 – another indication of development of Azerbaijani sports
- 23.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known as sports country worldwide
- 23.12.2016Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony dedicated to sport results of 2016 - UPDATED
- 07.12.2016IOC extends doping-related sanctions against Russia
- 01.12.2016Ilham Aliyev re-elected president of National Olympic Committee
- 01.12.2016FIA confirms 20-race F1 2017 calendar, no Baku/Le Mans clash
- 24.11.2016128 Nigerian policemen killed in 3 months
- 23.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has rich experience in organizing int’l events - UPDATED
- 22.11.2016Kenyan Olympic official arrested over theft of Rio kits
- 18.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan had opportunity to bid for Olympic Games
- 21.10.2016Minsk set to host 2019 European Games
- 23.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani athletes face unfair decisions in some competitions
- 23.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev meets with Azerbaijani Paralympians
- 21.09.2016From Baku to Rio with the love of medal
- 18.09.2016Rio 2016: China claim 4x100m medley 34 points gold-
- 18.09.2016Iranian Para-cyclist dies following crash in Rio Paralympics 2016
- 18.09.2016Azerbaijani swimmer wins silver medal Paralympic Games in Rio
- 15.09.2016Rio 2016: Azerbaijani swimmer wins silver medal of the Paralympic Games
- 14.09.2016Rio 2016: Azerbaijani Paralympic team wins two silver medals
- 14.09.2016Baku Chess Olympiad closes with solemn ceremony
- 13.09.2016USA and China take gold in Baku Chess Olympiad
- 03.05.2017Tour d'Azerbaidjan bicycle race starts, traffic in five directions to be restricted temporarily
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijan can bid to host Summer Olympics 2028
- 13.06.2017Ramil Gasimov honored with special Olympic stipend of Azerbaijani President
- 06.04.2017Rivals of Azerbaijan national teams at the IV Islamic solidarity games determined
- 31.03.2017Azerbaijan lifts visa requirement for persons involved in organizing 4th Islamic Solidarity Games
- 14.03.2017Prosecutors to deal with any reported suspicion of manipulation in sports competitions