Foreign diplomats speak highly of Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games
Everyone made efforts to become victorious in the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games and show what Azerbaijan is capable of, Moroccan Ambassador to Azerbaijan Adil Embars told APA.
The diplomat congratulated Azerbaijan for the perfect organization of the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games.
Morocco participated in the Games with an important delegation of more than 200 people, with the support, the open heart and the patience of the organizers all the usual difficulties were overcame, he noted.
He pointed out that the Games were a real opportunity for participants from over 50 countries and hundreds of millions of spectators to witness the state of the art facilities and infrastructure of Azerbaijan, the country’s great organization skills accumulated after many world-class events such as the European games, the Formula One, the Eurovision.
“The country has tourism infrastructure, hotels, restaurants with different cuisines, shopping places, as well as easy and convenient transportation. The security and safety that people felt and enjoyed everywhere at every time should not be underestimated. There were no reports of harassment against anyone. Not many cities around the world can offer such level of security,” he added.
Speaking to APA, Turkish Ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral noted that Azerbaijan successfully organized the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games.
The ambassador thanked the Games organizers and congratulated Azerbaijan, a friendly and fraternal country to Turkey.
He hailed the contribution of the Islamic Solidarity Games to unity and solidarity among Muslim states.
Ozoral recalled that Turkey participated in the Games with 338 athletes who won 71 gold, 67 silver and 57 bronze medals.
“Competitions, opening and closing ceremonies of the Games were widely covered by the Turkish media. We are very pleased that we received the flag of the Games of Islamic solidarity from fraternal Azerbaijan at the closing ceremony,” said the ambassador, adding. “Turkey will successfully organize the 5th Islamic Solidarity Games in 2021. We invite everyone, including our Azerbaijani brothers to our beautiful country.”
Spokesman for the Iranian Embassy in Azerbaijan Mohammad Reza Najafi said that the Baku 2017 Games demonstrated the unity of the Muslim countries, as well as the sports achievements of the youth.
Baku has sent to the whole world the message of unity, brotherhood, peace and friendship between the Muslim countries, he noted.
He said that some 21 reporters from Iran’s television channels and 30 from various news agencies and portals arrived in Azerbaijan to cover the Games.
Iran participated in the Games with 161 professional athletes, the diplomat recalled.
“During the Games Azerbaijan was in the spotlight of Muslim countries and the entire world. Iranian athletes and media representatives speak highly of the Baku 2017 Games. All this once again proves that Azerbaijan is able to hold such significant events at a high level,” he added.
Kyrgyzstan’s Ambassador to Azerbaijan Aydjigit Burannov noted with satisfaction the fact that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev declared 2017 the “Year of Islamic Solidarity”.
“The Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games were held under this slogan. Kyrgyzstan was represented at the Games by a delegation of 96 people. Our athletes took the 10th place in medal rankings,” said the ambassador, expressing gratitude to the Azerbaijani leadership for the perfect organization of the Games.
He also expressed hope that the Baku 2017 Games will give impetus to further development of Azerbaijani-Kyrgyz ties.
Ambassador of Saudi Arabia to Azerbaijan Musaed bin Ibrahim Al-Salim also congratulated Azerbaijan for the successful organization of the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games.
The Olympic Committee of Saudi Arabia and other international organizations praised the organizational work carried out during the Games and conditions created for athletes, the ambassador noted.
“I believe that these Games have reached all the goals set. The Games made a huge contribution to the strengthening of solidarity between people and countries of the Islamic World,” said the diplomat, expressing gratitude to the president, government and people of Azerbaijan for organizing the Games at a high level.
Sudan’s Ambassador to Azerbaijan Mohammad Elias Mohammad al-Haq spoke highly of the Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games.
“We were pleased to take part in these Games which was a great opportunity in terms of sharing experience in the field of culture and sports in the Islamic world,” he added.
Related news releases
- 23.05.2017Closing Ceremony of 4th Islamic Solidarity Games - PHOTOSESSION
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Victory at Baku 2017 - another contribution to strengthening Azerbaijan's independence
- 23.05.2017Closing Ceremony of Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games - PHOTOSESSION
- 22.05.2017Islamic Solidarity Games came to a close with a stunning Closing Ceremony at Baku Olympic Stadium - UPDATED-3
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan ranks first in Baku 2017 medal standings
- 21.05.2017Mariya Stadnik crowned Baku 2017 champion
- 21.05.2017Elis Manolova earns second gold for Azerbaijan in women`s wrestling
- 21.05.2017Azerbaijani Gulaliyev wins zurkhaneh gold in men's sang
- 21.05.2017Gurbanova seals Azerbaijan`s first gold in women`s wrestling
- 19.05.2017Mehriban Aliyeva awarded wrestling winners
- 19.05.2017Islamic Solidarity Games: Azerbaijan becomes leader in team standing
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijani athletes performing excellently at Baku 2017 – sports minister
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan's Taekwondo team completed the competition at the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games with 9 medals
- 19.05.2017President of the Republic of Azerbaijan presented the medals to the wrestlers
- 18.05.2017Azerbaijan's boxing team wins 7 medals at the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games
- 18.05.2017Azerbaijani President presented the medals to the boxers
- 17.05.2017Islamic Solidarity Games: Azerbaijani President awarded taekwondo medalists
- 17.05.2017Islamic Solidarity Games: Azerbaijan reaches 50 gold medals
- 17.05.2017Islamic Solidarity Games: Azerbaijani taekwondo fighters grab 4 gold medals and one silver - UPDATED
- 17.05.2017Dinner-party hosted for Saudi Arabian athletes competing at Baku 2017
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani national team ends 3rd day of the 4th Islamic Solidarity Game with 15 medals
- 16.05.20174th Islamic Solidarity Games: Azerbaijan’s taekwondo fighters won gold and silver medals
- 16.05.2017Erdogan congratulates Turkish athletes who won Baku 2017 gold medals
- 15.05.2017Islamic Solidarity Games: Azerbaijan ends 4th day with 18 medals
- 15.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards winners of Baku 2017 judo competitions
- 14.05.2017Azerbaijan's Mehdiyev claim judo gold medal at Games
- 14.05.2017Home hope Abdullayev shines in welterweight prelims - PHOTOSESSION
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani national team on rhythmic gymnastics became the winner of the IV Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.05.2017IV Islamic Solidarity Games: Azerbaijan wins 22 medals - LİST
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani judo fighters win 4 gold and 5 silver medals
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani President presents the medals to the judo fighters
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani team broke record in the first day of the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijan’s first gold medal at 4th Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.05.2017Opening Ceremony of Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games - PHOTOSESSION
- 13.05.2017Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games Opening Ceremony was broadcast live in 55 countries
- 13.05.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: "Tonight, we bring the Islamic world together"
- 12.05.2017Opening Ceremony of Fourth Islamic Games solemnly held in Baku - UPDATED-2
- 12.05.2017Turkey to host 5th Islamic Solidarity Games
- 12.05.20174th Islamic Solidarity Games set for spectacular Opening Ceremony
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani female volleyball players make successful start to Baku 2017
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s victory at Baku 2017 was not accidental
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijan had allocated $20M for Baku 2017 opening and closing ceremonies – minister
- 23.05.2017Baku 2017 held at higher level than Rio Olympics – Azerbaijani minister