TEAS Press represented at Istanbul Int’l Book Fair
Baku – APA. The 35th International Istanbul Book Fair has opened at the TÜYAP Fair Convention and Congress Center.
As many as 543 local and 24 foreign organizations as well as 70 NGOs are participating in the fair, which is expected to be joined by a total of 550,000 visitors, The European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS) told APA.
What is new with this year’s fair is the presentation of Hep kitap” and “TEAS Press” brands of the TEAS Press Publishing House.
The company, which is led by renowned publisher Emrah Özpirinçci, who has long been director general of Oxford University Press and the deputy director general of which Kenan Kocatürk, who is a renowned publisher in cultural, art, and academic publications and the founder of “Literatür Yayınevi” (Literature Publishing House) and “Punto Kitap Hizmetleri ve Dağıtım,” (Punto distribution) is represented with two stands under the brands “TEAS Press” and “Hep Kitap” (Always Book).
And “Hep Kitap”, a sub-brand of “TEAS Press” led by former head of “Doğan Kitap” Deniz Yüce Başarır, is represented with 12 new books. Displayed in Salon 2, these books drew huge interest in local media and among readers.
TEAS Press Publishing House’s new technologies “Termotestle Isıt Öğren” (Heat and learn with thermotest) and “Karekodla Okut Öğren” (Decode and learn QR-code) attracted the attention of the visitors and experts participating in the fair which will last for November 20.
Turkey's well-known figure of culture and art, Chairman of the Tüyap Consultative Committee, one of the famous writers of Hurriyet newspaper Doğan Hizlan also viewed the stand "Hep kitap". Hizlan said he liked the books and wished success to the editorial staff of the publishing house.
Turkey's leading media outlets – TV channels, magazines, newspapers and cultural journalists showed particular interest in the stand "Hep kitap".
“Milliyet Sanat Dergisi”, “Book Review” of Dünya newspaper, “Book Review” of “Hürriyet” newspaper, as well as columnist of “Hürriyet” newspaper Yalcin Bayer covered the stand "Hep kitap".
In addition, “MedyaTava”, “Edebiyat Haber”, “ArtfullLiving” websites also highlighted the activity of TEAS Press.
Among the visitors of the stand "Hep kitap” were representatives of media outlets such as Habertürk, Beylikdüzü Web TV, as well as Sevin Okyay, Mario Levi, Cem Erciyes, Tülin Kozikoğlu, Aytül Akal, Ayla Çınaroğlu, Başar Başarır, İnci Aral, Metin Celal, Gülsüm Cengiz, Mavisel Yener, Mine Soysal and other well-known figures or art and literature.
- 13.05.2016Argentine ambassador to Azerbaijan visits Translation Centre
- 11.01.2016President Ilham Aliyev attends farewell ceremony for people’s poet Zalimkhan Yagub
- 16.09.20154th International Book Exhibition and Fair opens in Azerbaijan
- 05.05.2015Manuscripts by Nizami Ganjavi found in Egypt
- 28.01.2015Vagif Samadoglu to be buried in 1st Alley of Honor tomorrow
- 28.01.2015Azerbaijani people’s poet Vagif Samadoglu dies
- 09.10.2014Patrick Modiano wins 2014 Nobel Prize in literature
- 23.09.2014Azerbaijani writer Alaviyya Babayeva dies
- 10.09.2014Azerbaijan Writers’ Union presents "Aybkitab.az" website
- 20.06.2014Book titled “Shah Ismayil Sefevi. Collection of historical and diplomatic documents” presented - PHOTO
- 04.04.2014Literary giant Gabriel García Márquez hospitalized
- 01.04.2014Famous Azerbaijani writer Isa Huseynov passed away
- 11.03.2014Request made to nominate Azerbaijani writer Akram Aylisli for Nobel Peace Prize
- 03.02.2014Azerbaijani President signs order to mark 220th anniversary of Mirza Shafi Vazeh
- 16.01.2014Azerbaijani President issues order to mark 100th anniversary of people’s writer Ilyas Afandiyev
- 24.12.2013Events to be held on 220th anniversary of Mirza Shafi Vazeh
- 19.11.2013Nizami Ganjavi's 870th anniversary to be marked in Strasbourg
- 10.10.2013Canada's Alice Munro wins the Nobel Prize in Literature
- 01.10.2013Spokesman for Azerbaijan Writers' Union Adalet Asgaroghlu dies
- 27.09.2013Azerbaijani President issues order on marking Mammad Araz’s 80th jubilee
- 04.09.2013Ambassador: “Iran and Azerbaijan should come to an agreement on Nizami Ganjavi issue”
- 18.06.2013Institute of Manuscripts obtains copy of divan written by Safavid-era Azerbaijani poet kept in Cambridge University
- 11.04.2013“Stone Dreams” by Akram Aylisli published in Armenian
- 18.03.2013Russian PEN Center refuses to attend literature festival in Azerbaijan because of Akram Aylisli
- 04.03.2013100th jubilee of Nigar Rafibeyli to be marked
- 06.02.2013A group of NGOs to sue Akram Aylisli
- 29.01.2013“15 buildings by 5 Polish architects in Baku” book album published
- 09.01.2013Film made about world-famous Azerbaijani writer Mahammad Asad bey (Kurban Said)
- 21.12.2012Mirza Fatali Akhundzadeh's works published in Hungarian for the first time
- 17.12.2012“Scapegoat” by Israeli writer Ali Amir presented in Baku
- 12.09.2012Nizami Ganjavi’s poems including Khamsa published in Azerbaijani in one book for the fist time
- 10.09.2012Azerbaijani writer became a member of German Writers’ Union.
- 06.09.2012Azerbaijan Writer’s Union warns members intending visiting Iran
- 04.09.2012New copy of Nizami’s Khamsa found
- 02.08.2012Director of Library of Alexandria, world-known scientist writes article about great Azerbaijani poet Nizami Ganjavi
- 06.07.2012Chairman of Azerbaijani Writers’ Union Anar addresses Iranian supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei
- 26.06.2012Results of the second stage of entrance exams to master’s degree program announced in Azerbaijan
- 04.06.2012Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev issues order for marking 80th anniversary of Khalil Rza Uluturk
- 28.05.2012The Paul Street Boys translated by Ramil Safarov published in Azerbaijani
- 24.05.2012Azerbaijan Writers’ Union issues statement on two young writers went missing in Iran
- 16.01.2017Romania’s National Culture Day celebrated in Baku
- 10.03.2017Book signed by famous Azerbaijani poet Mushfig’s spouse found in Crimea
- 03.11.2016TEAS Press Publishing House publishes Kazakh writer Olzhas Suleimenov's works in various languages
- 13.10.2016Bob Dylan wins Nobel Literature Prize
- 07.09.2016Odds on Nobel Prize in Literature 2016 revealed