Romania’s National Culture Day celebrated in Baku
The National Day of Culture of Romania, dedicated to the 167th anniversary of Romanian poet Mihai Eminescu, was marked in Baku on January 16.
Mihai Eminescu is considered one of the most famous and influential Romanian poets. His romantic inspirations led to poetry which reinterpreted traditional narratives of the mythological, fabled and metaphysical. Eminescu's poems have been translated in over 60 languages.
The Day was marked with an event organized in front of the monument of beloved Romanian composer George Enescu in Baku.
Addressing the event, Romanian Ambassador to Azerbaijan Dan Iancu noted that culture is one of the most powerful tools serving as a bridge among diversities in the world and gathering people around common ideas and feelings.
“Brancusi’s sculptures or Nizami's epic novels can cause the same feelings and ideas both in Baku and Bucharest,” the ambassador said, adding. “I believe that I will strengthen the ties between the two countries by organizing such events and highlighting the diversity of my country’s culture and richness in Azerbaijan.”
In her speech, Aygun Aliyeva, deputy head of Baku’s Binagadi district executive authority, said that Romania and Azerbaijan enjoy friendly relations and strategic partnership.
She noted that Romanian culture is highly appreciated in Azerbaijan and cooperation between the two countries in this are is developing.
At the end of the event, Eminescu’s poems were recited in Azerbaijani, Romanian and English.
- 10.11.2017Mirza Shafi Vazeh Museum inaugurated in Azerbaijan’s Ganja
- 01.11.2017Book dedicated to Azerbaijani-Czech ties presented in Baku
- 05.10.2017Kazuo Ishiguro wins 2017 Nobel Prize for Literature
- 01.08.2017Georgia’s Parliamentary Library gifted ‘The Knight in the Tiger’s Skin’ novel in Azerbaijani
- 14.06.2017Anthology of Azerbaijan and Colombian poetry presented in Baku
- 07.09.2016Odds on Nobel Prize in Literature 2016 revealed
- 13.05.2016Argentine ambassador to Azerbaijan visits Translation Centre
- 11.01.2016President Ilham Aliyev attends farewell ceremony for people’s poet Zalimkhan Yagub
- 16.09.20154th International Book Exhibition and Fair opens in Azerbaijan
- 05.05.2015Manuscripts by Nizami Ganjavi found in Egypt
- 28.01.2015Vagif Samadoglu to be buried in 1st Alley of Honor tomorrow
- 28.01.2015Azerbaijani people’s poet Vagif Samadoglu dies
- 09.10.2014Patrick Modiano wins 2014 Nobel Prize in literature
- 23.09.2014Azerbaijani writer Alaviyya Babayeva dies
- 10.09.2014Azerbaijan Writers’ Union presents "Aybkitab.az" website
- 20.06.2014Book titled “Shah Ismayil Sefevi. Collection of historical and diplomatic documents” presented - PHOTO
- 04.04.2014Literary giant Gabriel García Márquez hospitalized
- 01.04.2014Famous Azerbaijani writer Isa Huseynov passed away
- 11.03.2014Request made to nominate Azerbaijani writer Akram Aylisli for Nobel Peace Prize
- 03.02.2014Azerbaijani President signs order to mark 220th anniversary of Mirza Shafi Vazeh
- 16.01.2014Azerbaijani President issues order to mark 100th anniversary of people’s writer Ilyas Afandiyev
- 24.12.2013Events to be held on 220th anniversary of Mirza Shafi Vazeh
- 19.11.2013Nizami Ganjavi's 870th anniversary to be marked in Strasbourg
- 10.10.2013Canada's Alice Munro wins the Nobel Prize in Literature
- 01.10.2013Spokesman for Azerbaijan Writers' Union Adalet Asgaroghlu dies
- 27.09.2013Azerbaijani President issues order on marking Mammad Araz’s 80th jubilee
- 04.09.2013Ambassador: “Iran and Azerbaijan should come to an agreement on Nizami Ganjavi issue”
- 18.06.2013Institute of Manuscripts obtains copy of divan written by Safavid-era Azerbaijani poet kept in Cambridge University
- 11.04.2013“Stone Dreams” by Akram Aylisli published in Armenian
- 18.03.2013Russian PEN Center refuses to attend literature festival in Azerbaijan because of Akram Aylisli
- 04.03.2013100th jubilee of Nigar Rafibeyli to be marked
- 06.02.2013A group of NGOs to sue Akram Aylisli
- 29.01.2013“15 buildings by 5 Polish architects in Baku” book album published
- 09.01.2013Film made about world-famous Azerbaijani writer Mahammad Asad bey (Kurban Said)
- 21.12.2012Mirza Fatali Akhundzadeh's works published in Hungarian for the first time
- 17.12.2012“Scapegoat” by Israeli writer Ali Amir presented in Baku
- 12.09.2012Nizami Ganjavi’s poems including Khamsa published in Azerbaijani in one book for the fist time
- 10.09.2012Azerbaijani writer became a member of German Writers’ Union.
- 06.09.2012Azerbaijan Writer’s Union warns members intending visiting Iran
- 04.09.2012New copy of Nizami’s Khamsa found
- 10.03.2017Book signed by famous Azerbaijani poet Mushfig’s spouse found in Crimea
- 05.05.2017History of Britain and Ireland published in Azerbaijani
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijani–UK poetry night organised in London - PHOTO
- 17.11.2016TEAS Press represented at Istanbul Int’l Book Fair
- 03.11.2016TEAS Press Publishing House publishes Kazakh writer Olzhas Suleimenov's works in various languages
- 13.10.2016Bob Dylan wins Nobel Literature Prize