Journalist-researcher Dilgam Ahmad holds book signing in Ganja
Journalist-researcher Dilgam Ahmad held a book signing for his two books titled "Return of Exiled Intellectuals of ADR” and “The Distinguished” in the city of Ganja.
The book signing was held with the support of LIBRAFF bookstore chain, TEAS Press Publishing House told APA.
Original materials, rare photographs and documents collected by the author during his long-term study on the history of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic (ADR) and emigration were exhibited.
The event was attended by representatives of Turkey’s Consulate General in Ganja, the Ganja Department of the Azerbaijani Writers Union, employees of the ADR museum in the city, city community representatives, university teachers and students, and journalists.
Addressing the event, Ulviyya Allahverdiyeva, PR and Marketing Director of LIBRAFF bookstore chain noted that a plan of events has been developed for the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic this year. She underlined the importance of the decree signed by President Ilham Aliyev on marking the 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic.
She said that events marking the centenary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic will be during the year. Allahverdiyeva emphasized that holding the first event in Ganja is of historical importance as the city was the first capital of ADR.
Then author Dilgam Ahmad gave detailed information about the history of ADR and the collected materials.
He said that holding an exhibition on ADR and a book signing in Ganja was also a moral duty.
"Ganja is home to Yusufbeyli, Rafibeyli, Sheykhzamanli, Ziyadkhanli, Pishnamazzade, Khasmahammadov. Most of the founders of ADRD were brought up in this land. Therefore, holding an exhibition and book signing in the city is an honor for us," Dilgam Ahmad said.
The author informed his readers about the exhibition.
“I’ve got these materials in the Turkish city of Istanbul. The collection contains 5 photos, 3 letters and a signed book of the founder of ADR Mahammad Amin Rasulzade, as well as original photos of Alimardan bey Topchubashov, Miryaqub Mirmehdiyev, Abbasgulu Kazimzade, Mirzabala Mahammadzade, Ahmad bey Agaoglu and other materials. They are presented in three books,” he added.
Photos and documents collected by Dilgam Ahmad, a researcher of the history of Azerbaijan’s emigration, were published by TEAS-PRESS Publishing House as “The Distinguished” in 2015 and “Return of Exiled Intellectuals of ADR” in 2017.
In “The Distinguished”, along with immigrants, the author presents unique materials about the lives of people who had played an important role in the history of Azerbaijan.
Unique photos and letters of Mahammad Amin Rasulzade, as well as interesting information about the lives of Mirza Shafi Vazeh, Mirza Fatali Akhundzade, Ismail bey Gutgashinli, Jalil Mammadguluzadeh, Mammad Said Ordubadi, Amin Abid Gultekin, Uzeyir Hajibeyli, Alimardan bey Topchubashov, Nuru Pasha, Salman Mumtaz and others were provided in the book.
Nearly 50 new materials about the history of ADR and its emigration were presented in the author's second book, “Return of Exiled Intellectuals of ADR”.
- 02.04.2018Movlud Suleymanli awarded Shohrat Order
- 14.03.2018Baku hosts int’l scientific conference as part of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates People’s Writer Anar on his jubilee
- 27.02.2018Book by Georgia’s ex-first lady Sandra Roelofs presented in Baku
- 20.02.2018Vatican copy of ‘Book of Dede Gorgud’ ready for publication
- 13.02.2018Daughter of Azerbaijan’s great playwright Jafar Jabbarli passes away
- 16.01.2018European Azerbaijan School holds educational event for children
- 10.11.2017Mirza Shafi Vazeh Museum inaugurated in Azerbaijan’s Ganja
- 01.11.2017Book dedicated to Azerbaijani-Czech ties presented in Baku
- 05.10.2017Kazuo Ishiguro wins 2017 Nobel Prize for Literature
- 01.08.2017Georgia’s Parliamentary Library gifted ‘The Knight in the Tiger’s Skin’ novel in Azerbaijani
- 14.06.2017Anthology of Azerbaijan and Colombian poetry presented in Baku
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijani–UK poetry night organised in London - PHOTO
- 05.05.2017History of Britain and Ireland published in Azerbaijani
- 10.03.2017Book signed by famous Azerbaijani poet Mushfig’s spouse found in Crimea
- 16.01.2017Romania’s National Culture Day celebrated in Baku
- 17.11.2016TEAS Press represented at Istanbul Int’l Book Fair
- 03.11.2016TEAS Press Publishing House publishes Kazakh writer Olzhas Suleimenov's works in various languages
- 13.10.2016Bob Dylan wins Nobel Literature Prize
- 07.09.2016Odds on Nobel Prize in Literature 2016 revealed
- 13.05.2016Argentine ambassador to Azerbaijan visits Translation Centre
- 11.01.2016President Ilham Aliyev attends farewell ceremony for people’s poet Zalimkhan Yagub
- 16.09.20154th International Book Exhibition and Fair opens in Azerbaijan
- 05.05.2015Manuscripts by Nizami Ganjavi found in Egypt
- 28.01.2015Vagif Samadoglu to be buried in 1st Alley of Honor tomorrow
- 28.01.2015Azerbaijani people’s poet Vagif Samadoglu dies
- 09.10.2014Patrick Modiano wins 2014 Nobel Prize in literature
- 23.09.2014Azerbaijani writer Alaviyya Babayeva dies
- 10.09.2014Azerbaijan Writers’ Union presents "Aybkitab.az" website
- 20.06.2014Book titled “Shah Ismayil Sefevi. Collection of historical and diplomatic documents” presented - PHOTO
- 04.04.2014Literary giant Gabriel García Márquez hospitalized
- 01.04.2014Famous Azerbaijani writer Isa Huseynov passed away
- 11.03.2014Request made to nominate Azerbaijani writer Akram Aylisli for Nobel Peace Prize
- 03.02.2014Azerbaijani President signs order to mark 220th anniversary of Mirza Shafi Vazeh
- 16.01.2014Azerbaijani President issues order to mark 100th anniversary of people’s writer Ilyas Afandiyev
- 24.12.2013Events to be held on 220th anniversary of Mirza Shafi Vazeh
- 19.11.2013Nizami Ganjavi's 870th anniversary to be marked in Strasbourg
- 10.10.2013Canada's Alice Munro wins the Nobel Prize in Literature
- 01.10.2013Spokesman for Azerbaijan Writers' Union Adalet Asgaroghlu dies
- 27.09.2013Azerbaijani President issues order on marking Mammad Araz’s 80th jubilee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of renowned poet Mikayil Mushfig
- 21.04.2018Zahra Badalbeyli set to have her second book published
- 05.04.2018AzTC publishes book by Alimardan Bey Topchubashov