History of Britain and Ireland published in Azerbaijani
The book titled “The History of Britain and Ireland” has been published in Azerbaijani.
The 400-page illustrated book, published by TEAS Press Publishing House, covers the period from first habitation of the British Isles, first Britons, and the Stone Age to the modern age.
TEAS Press Publishing House told APA that the book is a fundamental publication in the British history. The book shines light on the millennia-long history of the British Isles, the rich culture of Britons, their socio-economic life, traditions, development stages of statehood, as well as the rise and fall of the British Empire.
The book also deals with the rich cultural heritage from periods of the church building of the middle ages and the Elizabeth to the industrial Victorian era and the rise of the mighty British Empire.
Consisting of six chapters, the book titled “The History of Britain and Ireland” can also be called the illustrative encyclopedia of Britain.
The book provided detailed information about Great Briton.
The publication which covers many varied topics such as Britons, the early invasions, Margaret Thatcher, well-known universities, football, jazz, industrial revolution and parliamentary traditions, gives interesting information about personal life of kings and queens, palace intrigues, executions and political killings, the empire's colonial policy, church's role in society, victories and defeats of the British, ordinary people's life, luxurious entertainment of noble people and social conflicts.”
The book – a collective product of British authors’ researches of many years – is intended for historians and researchers, as well as readers interested in the history, culture, economy and socio-political life of Great Britain.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018Vatican copy of ‘Book of Dede Gorgud’ ready for publication
- 13.02.2018Daughter of Azerbaijan’s great playwright Jafar Jabbarli passes away
- 16.01.2018European Azerbaijan School holds educational event for children
- 10.11.2017Mirza Shafi Vazeh Museum inaugurated in Azerbaijan’s Ganja
- 01.11.2017Book dedicated to Azerbaijani-Czech ties presented in Baku
- 05.10.2017Kazuo Ishiguro wins 2017 Nobel Prize for Literature
- 03.11.2016TEAS Press Publishing House publishes Kazakh writer Olzhas Suleimenov's works in various languages
- 13.10.2016Bob Dylan wins Nobel Literature Prize
- 07.09.2016Odds on Nobel Prize in Literature 2016 revealed
- 13.05.2016Argentine ambassador to Azerbaijan visits Translation Centre
- 11.01.2016President Ilham Aliyev attends farewell ceremony for people’s poet Zalimkhan Yagub
- 16.09.20154th International Book Exhibition and Fair opens in Azerbaijan
- 05.05.2015Manuscripts by Nizami Ganjavi found in Egypt
- 28.01.2015Vagif Samadoglu to be buried in 1st Alley of Honor tomorrow
- 28.01.2015Azerbaijani people’s poet Vagif Samadoglu dies
- 09.10.2014Patrick Modiano wins 2014 Nobel Prize in literature
- 23.09.2014Azerbaijani writer Alaviyya Babayeva dies
- 10.09.2014Azerbaijan Writers’ Union presents "Aybkitab.az" website
- 20.06.2014Book titled “Shah Ismayil Sefevi. Collection of historical and diplomatic documents” presented - PHOTO
- 04.04.2014Literary giant Gabriel García Márquez hospitalized
- 01.04.2014Famous Azerbaijani writer Isa Huseynov passed away
- 11.03.2014Request made to nominate Azerbaijani writer Akram Aylisli for Nobel Peace Prize
- 03.02.2014Azerbaijani President signs order to mark 220th anniversary of Mirza Shafi Vazeh
- 16.01.2014Azerbaijani President issues order to mark 100th anniversary of people’s writer Ilyas Afandiyev
- 24.12.2013Events to be held on 220th anniversary of Mirza Shafi Vazeh
- 19.11.2013Nizami Ganjavi's 870th anniversary to be marked in Strasbourg
- 10.10.2013Canada's Alice Munro wins the Nobel Prize in Literature
- 01.10.2013Spokesman for Azerbaijan Writers' Union Adalet Asgaroghlu dies
- 27.09.2013Azerbaijani President issues order on marking Mammad Araz’s 80th jubilee
- 04.09.2013Ambassador: “Iran and Azerbaijan should come to an agreement on Nizami Ganjavi issue”
- 18.06.2013Institute of Manuscripts obtains copy of divan written by Safavid-era Azerbaijani poet kept in Cambridge University
- 11.04.2013“Stone Dreams” by Akram Aylisli published in Armenian
- 18.03.2013Russian PEN Center refuses to attend literature festival in Azerbaijan because of Akram Aylisli
- 04.03.2013100th jubilee of Nigar Rafibeyli to be marked
- 06.02.2013A group of NGOs to sue Akram Aylisli
- 29.01.2013“15 buildings by 5 Polish architects in Baku” book album published
- 09.01.2013Film made about world-famous Azerbaijani writer Mahammad Asad bey (Kurban Said)
- 21.12.2012Mirza Fatali Akhundzadeh's works published in Hungarian for the first time
- 17.12.2012“Scapegoat” by Israeli writer Ali Amir presented in Baku
- 12.09.2012Nizami Ganjavi’s poems including Khamsa published in Azerbaijani in one book for the fist time
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijani–UK poetry night organised in London - PHOTO
- 14.06.2017Anthology of Azerbaijan and Colombian poetry presented in Baku
- 01.08.2017Georgia’s Parliamentary Library gifted ‘The Knight in the Tiger’s Skin’ novel in Azerbaijani
- 10.03.2017Book signed by famous Azerbaijani poet Mushfig’s spouse found in Crimea
- 16.01.2017Romania’s National Culture Day celebrated in Baku
- 17.11.2016TEAS Press represented at Istanbul Int’l Book Fair