Famous Azerbaijani writer Isa Huseynov passed away
According to her, Isa Huseynov, who suffered from chronic heart failure, passed away at midnight.
The family of the late writer had not yet decided on the date of the funeral. Sevinc Huseynli said the family is likely to wait for the writer's grandson, who lives abroad.
However, today the family is going to discuss with the relevant government agencies on the place of burial.
Isa Huseynov was born in the village Muganli in 1928. After graduating from high school in 1945, he was admitted to the Azerbaijan Medical University, but after 4 months he left the university and returned to his native village. Subsequently he entered the philological faculty of Baku State University, and after graduation in 1952, he was admitted to Maxim Gorky Literary Institute in Moscow.
In 1952-1954 he worked as an editor at the Azerbaijan State Publishing House, during 1960-1964 - editor of the newspaper "Azerbaijan Literature." In 1964-1968 he was a chief editor at "Azerbaijanfilm". During 1974-1979 he was a member of the board of the writers and in 1979 became editor in chief of the Committee for Cinematography of the Azerbaijan SSR. In 1977 he received the title of Honored Artist of Azerbaijan SSR.
His literary career began in 1949, publishing an article at "İnqilab və Mədəniyyət" (" Revolution and Culture ") newspaper. He was engaged in writing novels and scripts since 1950 , some of his works have been translated into foreign languages. The film " 26 Baku commissars " was granted the award in 1968 at the Leningrad Union Film Festival as the best historical- revolutionary film .
In the 2012 Isa Huseynov was awarded “Nasimi" prize by Azerbaijan Writers Union.
Related news releases
- 16.01.2018European Azerbaijan School holds educational event for children
- 10.11.2017Mirza Shafi Vazeh Museum inaugurated in Azerbaijan’s Ganja
- 01.11.2017Book dedicated to Azerbaijani-Czech ties presented in Baku
- 05.10.2017Kazuo Ishiguro wins 2017 Nobel Prize for Literature
- 01.08.2017Georgia’s Parliamentary Library gifted ‘The Knight in the Tiger’s Skin’ novel in Azerbaijani
- 14.06.2017Anthology of Azerbaijan and Colombian poetry presented in Baku
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijani–UK poetry night organised in London - PHOTO
- 05.05.2017History of Britain and Ireland published in Azerbaijani
- 10.03.2017Book signed by famous Azerbaijani poet Mushfig’s spouse found in Crimea
- 16.01.2017Romania’s National Culture Day celebrated in Baku
- 17.11.2016TEAS Press represented at Istanbul Int’l Book Fair
- 03.11.2016TEAS Press Publishing House publishes Kazakh writer Olzhas Suleimenov's works in various languages
- 13.10.2016Bob Dylan wins Nobel Literature Prize
- 07.09.2016Odds on Nobel Prize in Literature 2016 revealed
- 13.05.2016Argentine ambassador to Azerbaijan visits Translation Centre
- 11.01.2016President Ilham Aliyev attends farewell ceremony for people’s poet Zalimkhan Yagub
- 16.09.20154th International Book Exhibition and Fair opens in Azerbaijan
- 05.05.2015Manuscripts by Nizami Ganjavi found in Egypt
- 28.01.2015Vagif Samadoglu to be buried in 1st Alley of Honor tomorrow
- 28.01.2015Azerbaijani people’s poet Vagif Samadoglu dies
- 09.10.2014Patrick Modiano wins 2014 Nobel Prize in literature
- 23.09.2014Azerbaijani writer Alaviyya Babayeva dies
- 24.12.2013Events to be held on 220th anniversary of Mirza Shafi Vazeh
- 19.11.2013Nizami Ganjavi's 870th anniversary to be marked in Strasbourg
- 10.10.2013Canada's Alice Munro wins the Nobel Prize in Literature
- 01.10.2013Spokesman for Azerbaijan Writers' Union Adalet Asgaroghlu dies
- 27.09.2013Azerbaijani President issues order on marking Mammad Araz’s 80th jubilee
- 04.09.2013Ambassador: “Iran and Azerbaijan should come to an agreement on Nizami Ganjavi issue”
- 18.06.2013Institute of Manuscripts obtains copy of divan written by Safavid-era Azerbaijani poet kept in Cambridge University
- 11.04.2013“Stone Dreams” by Akram Aylisli published in Armenian
- 18.03.2013Russian PEN Center refuses to attend literature festival in Azerbaijan because of Akram Aylisli
- 04.03.2013100th jubilee of Nigar Rafibeyli to be marked
- 06.02.2013A group of NGOs to sue Akram Aylisli
- 29.01.2013“15 buildings by 5 Polish architects in Baku” book album published
- 09.01.2013Film made about world-famous Azerbaijani writer Mahammad Asad bey (Kurban Said)
- 21.12.2012Mirza Fatali Akhundzadeh's works published in Hungarian for the first time
- 17.12.2012“Scapegoat” by Israeli writer Ali Amir presented in Baku
- 12.09.2012Nizami Ganjavi’s poems including Khamsa published in Azerbaijani in one book for the fist time
- 10.09.2012Azerbaijani writer became a member of German Writers’ Union.
- 06.09.2012Azerbaijan Writer’s Union warns members intending visiting Iran
- 04.04.2014Literary giant Gabriel García Márquez hospitalized
- 20.06.2014Book titled “Shah Ismayil Sefevi. Collection of historical and diplomatic documents” presented - PHOTO
- 10.09.2014Azerbaijan Writers’ Union presents "Aybkitab.az" website
- 11.03.2014Request made to nominate Azerbaijani writer Akram Aylisli for Nobel Peace Prize
- 03.02.2014Azerbaijani President signs order to mark 220th anniversary of Mirza Shafi Vazeh
- 16.01.2014Azerbaijani President issues order to mark 100th anniversary of people’s writer Ilyas Afandiyev