European Azerbaijan School holds educational event for children
Libraff bookstores and the European Azerbaijan School (EAS) have held a joint educational and entertaining event for children.
The event was aimed at rewarding pupils who stand out with excellent educational results in order to encourage them to engage in reading, particularly in their mother tongue, EAS told APA.
In addition, an event of signature was held for well-known children’s writer Reyhan Yusifqizi.
EAS Director Garri Grippin greeted the school’s pupils and their parents and talked about the importance of children mastering their native language. Later on, the pupils were given the book titled “Mimi” with TEAS Press Publishing House trade mark labeled, on behalf of the 3 Apples (Üç alma) Children’s Literature division.
R. Yusifqizi told the children about “Mimi”, the hero of her book, stressing the importance of high technologies and their unprecedented service to the development of modern society. The writer then signed the books gifted.
Then, the illustrator of the book, Sabina Vazirova, told the children who she created the hero “Mimi”.
In her book R. Yusifqizi talks about the friendship of Aylin, a second grade pupil, with an unusual mouse named “Mimi” that lives in the house of an old professor. The prototype of the professor is the well-known scientist Lotfi Zadeh. The professor performs an operation on a toy mouse and places an artificial brain in her head. “Mimi” speaks like a person, moves and knows math. “Mimi” helps Aylin with mathematics, listens to music and dances with her.
R. Yusifgizi (Shikhlinskaya) is an Azerbaijani writer, member of the Union of Azerbaijani Writers, author of scientific books and fantastic stories for children, educator, PhD in mathematics and assistant professor. She regularly holds meetings with her readers in schools and bookstores, writes scenarios for school performances. She likes figures and math problems. According to the writer, she had a toy mouse called “Mimi” in her childhood. The writer believes that during the development of high technologies toys will be able to speak with children. She wants all children to love “Mimi”. Her greatest desire is to make an animated film about “Mimi”.
- 14.03.2018Baku hosts int’l scientific conference as part of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates People’s Writer Anar on his jubilee
- 01.08.2017Georgia’s Parliamentary Library gifted ‘The Knight in the Tiger’s Skin’ novel in Azerbaijani
- 14.06.2017Anthology of Azerbaijan and Colombian poetry presented in Baku
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijani–UK poetry night organised in London - PHOTO
- 05.05.2017History of Britain and Ireland published in Azerbaijani
- 10.03.2017Book signed by famous Azerbaijani poet Mushfig’s spouse found in Crimea
- 16.01.2017Romania’s National Culture Day celebrated in Baku
- 17.11.2016TEAS Press represented at Istanbul Int’l Book Fair
- 03.11.2016TEAS Press Publishing House publishes Kazakh writer Olzhas Suleimenov's works in various languages
- 13.10.2016Bob Dylan wins Nobel Literature Prize
- 07.09.2016Odds on Nobel Prize in Literature 2016 revealed
- 13.05.2016Argentine ambassador to Azerbaijan visits Translation Centre
- 11.01.2016President Ilham Aliyev attends farewell ceremony for people’s poet Zalimkhan Yagub
- 16.09.20154th International Book Exhibition and Fair opens in Azerbaijan
- 05.05.2015Manuscripts by Nizami Ganjavi found in Egypt
- 28.01.2015Vagif Samadoglu to be buried in 1st Alley of Honor tomorrow
- 28.01.2015Azerbaijani people’s poet Vagif Samadoglu dies
- 09.10.2014Patrick Modiano wins 2014 Nobel Prize in literature
- 23.09.2014Azerbaijani writer Alaviyya Babayeva dies
- 10.09.2014Azerbaijan Writers’ Union presents "Aybkitab.az" website
- 20.06.2014Book titled “Shah Ismayil Sefevi. Collection of historical and diplomatic documents” presented - PHOTO
- 04.04.2014Literary giant Gabriel García Márquez hospitalized
- 01.04.2014Famous Azerbaijani writer Isa Huseynov passed away
- 11.03.2014Request made to nominate Azerbaijani writer Akram Aylisli for Nobel Peace Prize
- 03.02.2014Azerbaijani President signs order to mark 220th anniversary of Mirza Shafi Vazeh
- 16.01.2014Azerbaijani President issues order to mark 100th anniversary of people’s writer Ilyas Afandiyev
- 24.12.2013Events to be held on 220th anniversary of Mirza Shafi Vazeh
- 19.11.2013Nizami Ganjavi's 870th anniversary to be marked in Strasbourg
- 10.10.2013Canada's Alice Munro wins the Nobel Prize in Literature
- 01.10.2013Spokesman for Azerbaijan Writers' Union Adalet Asgaroghlu dies
- 27.09.2013Azerbaijani President issues order on marking Mammad Araz’s 80th jubilee
- 04.09.2013Ambassador: “Iran and Azerbaijan should come to an agreement on Nizami Ganjavi issue”
- 18.06.2013Institute of Manuscripts obtains copy of divan written by Safavid-era Azerbaijani poet kept in Cambridge University
- 11.04.2013“Stone Dreams” by Akram Aylisli published in Armenian
- 18.03.2013Russian PEN Center refuses to attend literature festival in Azerbaijan because of Akram Aylisli
- 04.03.2013100th jubilee of Nigar Rafibeyli to be marked
- 06.02.2013A group of NGOs to sue Akram Aylisli
- 29.01.2013“15 buildings by 5 Polish architects in Baku” book album published
- 09.01.2013Film made about world-famous Azerbaijani writer Mahammad Asad bey (Kurban Said)
- 13.02.2018Daughter of Azerbaijan’s great playwright Jafar Jabbarli passes away
- 20.02.2018Vatican copy of ‘Book of Dede Gorgud’ ready for publication
- 27.02.2018Book by Georgia’s ex-first lady Sandra Roelofs presented in Baku
- 10.11.2017Mirza Shafi Vazeh Museum inaugurated in Azerbaijan’s Ganja
- 01.11.2017Book dedicated to Azerbaijani-Czech ties presented in Baku
- 05.10.2017Kazuo Ishiguro wins 2017 Nobel Prize for Literature