Book by Georgia’s ex-first lady Sandra Roelofs presented in Baku
Baku hosted the presentation ceremony of a book, titled “The Story of an Idealist”, by Georgia’s former first lady Sandra Elisabeth Roelofs, APA reports.
The book was translated into the Azerbaijani language.
Addressing the event, the author explained the reason for the delay in the presentation, which had to be held in December last year.
“I had to postpone my visit in December because at that time there were attempts to arrest my husband Mikhail Saakashvili. A few days later, he was detained in Ukraine. Saakashvili was deported to the Netherlands after his release from prison. Now I think there is no threat to his life in the Netherlands,” she said.
Roelofs said the book tells about her life, her acquaintance and marriage with Saakashvili, who was the president of Georgia in 2014-2013.
Roelofs went on to say that Saakashvili intends to carry out his activities in Ukraine.
“His policy was successful in Georgia, so he was invited to Ukraine. In the near future, we will witness whether he is able to enter Ukraine or not,” she added.
Then, the ceremony of signing books was held.
“The Story of an Idealist” has been translated into 7 languages and published in the Netherlands, Georgia, Ukraine, Russia, Turkey, the UK and Poland.
The book has been translated into Azerbaijani by the Translation Center of the National Idea Center.
- 21.05.2018Journalist-researcher Dilgam Ahmad holds book signing in Ganja
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of renowned poet Mikayil Mushfig
- 21.04.2018Zahra Badalbeyli set to have her second book published
- 05.04.2018AzTC publishes book by Alimardan Bey Topchubashov
- 10.11.2017Mirza Shafi Vazeh Museum inaugurated in Azerbaijan’s Ganja
- 01.11.2017Book dedicated to Azerbaijani-Czech ties presented in Baku
- 05.10.2017Kazuo Ishiguro wins 2017 Nobel Prize for Literature
- 01.08.2017Georgia’s Parliamentary Library gifted ‘The Knight in the Tiger’s Skin’ novel in Azerbaijani
- 14.06.2017Anthology of Azerbaijan and Colombian poetry presented in Baku
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijani–UK poetry night organised in London - PHOTO
- 05.05.2017History of Britain and Ireland published in Azerbaijani
- 10.03.2017Book signed by famous Azerbaijani poet Mushfig’s spouse found in Crimea
- 16.01.2017Romania’s National Culture Day celebrated in Baku
- 17.11.2016TEAS Press represented at Istanbul Int’l Book Fair
- 03.11.2016TEAS Press Publishing House publishes Kazakh writer Olzhas Suleimenov's works in various languages
- 13.10.2016Bob Dylan wins Nobel Literature Prize
- 07.09.2016Odds on Nobel Prize in Literature 2016 revealed
- 13.05.2016Argentine ambassador to Azerbaijan visits Translation Centre
- 11.01.2016President Ilham Aliyev attends farewell ceremony for people’s poet Zalimkhan Yagub
- 16.09.20154th International Book Exhibition and Fair opens in Azerbaijan
- 05.05.2015Manuscripts by Nizami Ganjavi found in Egypt
- 28.01.2015Vagif Samadoglu to be buried in 1st Alley of Honor tomorrow
- 28.01.2015Azerbaijani people’s poet Vagif Samadoglu dies
- 09.10.2014Patrick Modiano wins 2014 Nobel Prize in literature
- 23.09.2014Azerbaijani writer Alaviyya Babayeva dies
- 10.09.2014Azerbaijan Writers’ Union presents "Aybkitab.az" website
- 20.06.2014Book titled “Shah Ismayil Sefevi. Collection of historical and diplomatic documents” presented - PHOTO
- 04.04.2014Literary giant Gabriel García Márquez hospitalized
- 01.04.2014Famous Azerbaijani writer Isa Huseynov passed away
- 11.03.2014Request made to nominate Azerbaijani writer Akram Aylisli for Nobel Peace Prize
- 03.02.2014Azerbaijani President signs order to mark 220th anniversary of Mirza Shafi Vazeh
- 16.01.2014Azerbaijani President issues order to mark 100th anniversary of people’s writer Ilyas Afandiyev
- 24.12.2013Events to be held on 220th anniversary of Mirza Shafi Vazeh
- 19.11.2013Nizami Ganjavi's 870th anniversary to be marked in Strasbourg
- 10.10.2013Canada's Alice Munro wins the Nobel Prize in Literature
- 01.10.2013Spokesman for Azerbaijan Writers' Union Adalet Asgaroghlu dies
- 27.09.2013Azerbaijani President issues order on marking Mammad Araz’s 80th jubilee
- 04.09.2013Ambassador: “Iran and Azerbaijan should come to an agreement on Nizami Ganjavi issue”
- 18.06.2013Institute of Manuscripts obtains copy of divan written by Safavid-era Azerbaijani poet kept in Cambridge University
- 11.04.2013“Stone Dreams” by Akram Aylisli published in Armenian
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates People’s Writer Anar on his jubilee
- 14.03.2018Baku hosts int’l scientific conference as part of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 02.04.2018Movlud Suleymanli awarded Shohrat Order
- 20.02.2018Vatican copy of ‘Book of Dede Gorgud’ ready for publication
- 13.02.2018Daughter of Azerbaijan’s great playwright Jafar Jabbarli passes away
- 16.01.2018European Azerbaijan School holds educational event for children