World-renowned Azerbaijani scientist Lotfi Zadeh laid to rest
A farewell ceremony for world-famous Azerbaijani scientist Lotfi Zadeh was held at the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS) on Friday.
ANAS President Akif Alizade emphasized that Lotfi Zadeh made huge contributions to various areas of science, and scientists in Azerbaijan and all over the world are deeply saddened by his death.
Education Minister Mikayil Jabbarov said that his last wish was to be buried in his homeland. “This shows that he lived with Azerbaijan in his heart till his last breath. His contributions to world science are unparalleled.”
Academician Telman Aliyev noted that Lotfi Zadeh’s theories resulted in fundamental changes in some areas of science. Aliyev added that transportation, bank, and intellectual systems in many countries operate on the basis of the scientist’s theory.
Academician Rasim Aliguliev said that Lotfi Zadeh’s theory is used in many spheres. “Fifth-generation computers are also to be created based on his theory. He was a scientist who deserved the Nobel Prize,” he said.
Misir Mardanov, director of the ANAS Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics, spoke about the indispensable merits of Lotfi Zadeh. Mardanov said he was a great scholar and scientist.
US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta also hailed the great contribution of Lotfi Zadeh to world science.
Lotfi Zadeh’s cousin, People’s Artist Jannat Salimova, who spoke on behalf of the world-famous scientist's family, thanked the Azerbaijani state and President Ilham Aliyev for organizing the farewell ceremony.
Lotfi Zadeh was laid to rest in the 1st Alley of Honor in Baku.
- 14.12.2017State Program on Development of Inclusive Education for People with Disabilities approved
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry holds board meeting on its 12th anniversary
- 14.12.2017Winners of “Emergency Situations Through The Eyes of Children” competition awarded
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan prohibits changing of specialty in master’s degree
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan developing concept of cadaveric organ transplantation
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies conditions in which students will get academic vacation
- 12.12.2017Abbas Alasgarov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 11.12.2017Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on Dec. 12
- 08.12.2017Tariff Council approves prices of more than 300 registered medicines
- 08.12.2017Book titled “Splendor and Misery of Leyla Yunus” presented
- 08.12.2017Anar Baghirov: Bar Association was partly responsible for delay in lawyer admissions
- 07.12.2017Criminal elements detected in activities of 23 municipalities
- 07.12.2017Several human rights defenders appeal to President Ilham Aliyev
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Another 10 carpet weaving factories to open in Azerbaijan next year
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies non-working days for next year's holidays
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: "ASAN Service" is most effective tool against corruption, bribery
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Guba
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates ‘ASAN heyat’ complex in Guba
- 07.12.2017New chairman of Azerbaijan’s Bar Association elected
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ground breaking ceremony of highway to be built on Azerbaijan-Russia state border
- 06.12.2017Citizens of OIC countries to get grants for education in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Javanshir Gurbanov awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 06.12.2017About 80 percent of Azerbaijani citizens optimistic about the country's future
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards workers of communication and high-tech sector
- 05.12.2017Number of Nakhchivan’s population publicized
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan postpones election of new ombudsperson
- 04.12.2017Baku’s population nears 2.6 million
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan Business Case Competition 2017 wraps up
- 02.12.2017Weather forecast for tomorrow
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases duties on reissue of lost and deteriorated international passports and ID cards
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan modifying conditions for selection of pretrial detention type
- 01.12.2017MP Hasanguliyev: English-language TV channel should be created in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Half of HIV-infected people in Europe is diagnosed late – WHO
- 01.12.2017Preliminary hearing held for APFP deputy chairperson accused of smuggling
- 01.12.2017MP: Half of men in Azerbaijan smoke
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Azerbaijan unlikely to adopt mandatory medical insurance in 1-2 years
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Unemployment rate high in trade and service areas
- 30.11.2017State Committee: Work underway to get Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 30.11.2017December weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2017AZN 3M allocated for renovation works and capital repair of multi-apartment building in Tartar
- 03.03.2012ANAMA delegation to attend 15th meeting of UN 15th Meeting of National Mine Action Programme Directors
- 03.03.2012First stage of entrance examinations to master degree in Azerbaijan to be held tomorrow
- 03.03.2012Fairs to be organized on the occasion of Novruz holiday
- 02.03.2012Medieval Vatican letters to Azerbaijan interpreted
- 02.03.2012Members of French Catholic Church of Jews organization to collect information about Jews in Azerbaijan