World-renowned Azerbaijani scientist Lotfi Zadeh laid to rest
A farewell ceremony for world-famous Azerbaijani scientist Lotfi Zadeh was held at the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS) on Friday.
ANAS President Akif Alizade emphasized that Lotfi Zadeh made huge contributions to various areas of science, and scientists in Azerbaijan and all over the world are deeply saddened by his death.
Education Minister Mikayil Jabbarov said that his last wish was to be buried in his homeland. “This shows that he lived with Azerbaijan in his heart till his last breath. His contributions to world science are unparalleled.”
Academician Telman Aliyev noted that Lotfi Zadeh’s theories resulted in fundamental changes in some areas of science. Aliyev added that transportation, bank, and intellectual systems in many countries operate on the basis of the scientist’s theory.
Academician Rasim Aliguliev said that Lotfi Zadeh’s theory is used in many spheres. “Fifth-generation computers are also to be created based on his theory. He was a scientist who deserved the Nobel Prize,” he said.
Misir Mardanov, director of the ANAS Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics, spoke about the indispensable merits of Lotfi Zadeh. Mardanov said he was a great scholar and scientist.
US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta also hailed the great contribution of Lotfi Zadeh to world science.
Lotfi Zadeh’s cousin, People’s Artist Jannat Salimova, who spoke on behalf of the world-famous scientist's family, thanked the Azerbaijani state and President Ilham Aliyev for organizing the farewell ceremony.
Lotfi Zadeh was laid to rest in the 1st Alley of Honor in Baku.
- 21.10.2017Gabala hosts int’l scientific conference entitled ‘Archeology of Gabala’
- 21.10.2017Baku awaits rainless weather on Sunday
- 20.10.2017Applicants to take entrance exams in two groups this academic year in Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Ambassador Cekuta: About 7,000 Azerbaijanis received education in U.S. over 25-year period of diplomatic relations
- 20.10.2017In Azerbaijan, final exams to be held once, but entrance exams more than once under new model
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament excludes 3 issues from agenda
- 20.10.2017AZN 50.5 mln allocated for IDPs who don’t have access to gas supply
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani SEC: In 2019 maximum point in university entrance exams will be 400
- 20.10.2017Education expenditure in Azerbaijan’s draft state budget 2018 exceeds AZN 2 bln
- 20.10.2017Teachers’ diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan to end next year
- 20.10.2017AZN 5M to be allocated to mark 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 20.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov to be taken to Germany for treatment
- 19.10.201770 people brought to responsibility in Baku for auto-hooliganism
- 19.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve water supply, livestock management for residents of Zardab and Aghjabadi
- 18.10.2017Spectators to be provided with buses following Qarabag-Atletico Madrid football match
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan registers 390 HIV-positive people in 2017
- 18.10.2017Documentary “Objective Baku: How Hitler Lost the Battle for Oil” screened in London
- 18.10.2017Increase in male victims of human trafficking, IOM says
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan considers amendment to Criminal Code regarding postponement of sentence for some prisoners
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan defines upper and lowers limits of new penalty for juvenile delinquency
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s trade representatives abroad to be paid in amount of 90 percent of ambassador’s salary
- 16.10.2017Interior Minister: Situation with sexual minorities in Azerbaijan no different from that in most European states
- 16.10.2017ANAS proposes businesses undertake to finance development of science in country
- 13.10.2017"IMAGINE" Euro Tolerance Festival 2017 kicks off in Baku
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan set to abrogate imprisonment for illegal trafficking of medications
- 13.10.2017ANAS says statement by Institute of History on map crisis does not reflect its position
- 13.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve irrigation in Saatli
- 13.10.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 13.10.20174-year-old Azerbaijani child rescued from ISIL in Iraq brought home
- 12.10.2017ANAS Institute of History issues statement on map crisis
- 12.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards railway workers
- 11.10.2017New generation vaccine developed against malaria: Azerbaijani scientist
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijan develops life expectancy map
- 10.10.2017Premarital examination: 240 diagnosed with thalassemia, 7 with AIDS in Azerbaijan
- 10.10.2017Strong magnetic storm to hit Earth
- 09.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Sometimes there are delays in execution of actions relating to Strategic Road Maps
- 09.10.2017Historian: ‘Greater Armenia’ map in history textbook may have been published for insidious purpose
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan conducts serious fight against corruption, cybercrime: Deputy Prosecutor General
- 06.10.2017Project ‘Italian language week’ presented in Baku
- 06.10.2017Ambassador: From among EU countries, Italy is where most Azerbaijani students choose to pursue their study
- 29.09.2017Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Samukh - UPDATED
- 29.09.2017Amendments envisaging decriminalization for use, possession of drugs in Azerbaijan considered ‘unacceptable’
- 29.09.2017US Embassy opens Salyan American Corner
- 29.09.2017Supreme Court revokes decision of Baku Appellate Court on blogger Mehman Huseynov
- 29.09.2017October weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Farewell ceremony for world-renowned scientist Lotfi Zadeh begins at ANAS