World-renowned Azerbaijani scientist Lotfi Zadeh laid to rest
A farewell ceremony for world-famous Azerbaijani scientist Lotfi Zadeh was held at the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS) on Friday.
ANAS President Akif Alizade emphasized that Lotfi Zadeh made huge contributions to various areas of science, and scientists in Azerbaijan and all over the world are deeply saddened by his death.
Education Minister Mikayil Jabbarov said that his last wish was to be buried in his homeland. “This shows that he lived with Azerbaijan in his heart till his last breath. His contributions to world science are unparalleled.”
Academician Telman Aliyev noted that Lotfi Zadeh’s theories resulted in fundamental changes in some areas of science. Aliyev added that transportation, bank, and intellectual systems in many countries operate on the basis of the scientist’s theory.
Academician Rasim Aliguliev said that Lotfi Zadeh’s theory is used in many spheres. “Fifth-generation computers are also to be created based on his theory. He was a scientist who deserved the Nobel Prize,” he said.
Misir Mardanov, director of the ANAS Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics, spoke about the indispensable merits of Lotfi Zadeh. Mardanov said he was a great scholar and scientist.
US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta also hailed the great contribution of Lotfi Zadeh to world science.
Lotfi Zadeh’s cousin, People’s Artist Jannat Salimova, who spoke on behalf of the world-famous scientist's family, thanked the Azerbaijani state and President Ilham Aliyev for organizing the farewell ceremony.
Lotfi Zadeh was laid to rest in the 1st Alley of Honor in Baku.
- 23.03.2018Annual report on combating human trafficking to be tabled in parliament
- 22.03.2018Weather forecast for March 23
- 20.03.2018Spring comes to Azerbaijan
- 20.03.2018First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with wives of heads of diplomatic missions - PHOTOSESSION
- 20.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate Last Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presented tickets to world championships on judo and cycling
- 19.03.2018Baku hosts seminar on media’s role and duties in presidential elections
- 19.03.2018Weather forecast for March 20-24
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan declares vacations in schools from March 20 due to Novruz holiday
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ali bey Huseynzade’s daughter “Dostlug” Order
- 17.03.2018Monument to victims of genocide committed by Armenia erected in Guba
- 16.03.2018AZN 4mln allocated for construction of modular schools in four districts
- 16.03.2018South Caucasus’s most ancient jewelry item exhibited at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 16.03.2018State Migration Service employees granted high special ranks
- 16.03.2018State Committee: Turkish MP whose health suddenly deteriorated during Baku forum is in stable condition
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP suffers heart attack while speaking at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.03.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Salyan
- 15.03.2018Real TV starts satellite broadcasting
- 15.03.2018Nizami Ganjavi International Award presented to First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan fines Qatari national for illegal hunting
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces competition for 24 vacancies in 7 state bodies
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves composition of Youth Foundation’s Supervisory Board
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for purchase of apartments for Karabakh war disabled, families of martyrs
- 13.03.2018New executive director of Azerbaijan Youth Foundation appointed
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate Wind Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 12.03.2018Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Salyan
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of carpet factory in Sabunchu
- 09.03.2018Real TV will start satellite broadcasting on March 12
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president ups salaries of State Security Service employees
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan defines new procedure for financing education abroad
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing salaries of employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold first stage of final exam for 9th graders on March 11
- 07.03.2018About 2,700 Azerbaijani citizens study in Georgian universities
- 07.03.2018UNICEF: 12 million girls a year become child brides
- 06.03.2018Mexican ambassador visits Goychay
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on group of women
- 06.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of new building of sanatorium-type orphanage-kindergarten in Mashtagha settlement
- 29.09.2017Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Samukh - UPDATED
- 29.09.2017Amendments envisaging decriminalization for use, possession of drugs in Azerbaijan considered ‘unacceptable’
- 29.09.2017US Embassy opens Salyan American Corner
- 29.09.2017Supreme Court revokes decision of Baku Appellate Court on blogger Mehman Huseynov
- 29.09.2017October weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Farewell ceremony for world-renowned scientist Lotfi Zadeh begins at ANAS