Witnesses testify at trial of ex-Azerbaijani MP
The Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Thursday resumed the trial of former MP Dunyamin Khalilov, who is accused of failing to repay the loan which he took out from International Bank of Azerbaijan.
Witnesses testified during the trial.
Intertextile LLC employee Pasha Namazov said that they were required to sign some documents in order to take out a loan from the bank.
“So we went to the bank and signed the documents. They’d told us that it was needed for the company,” he said.
Witness Ramiz Karimov testified similarly.
Another witness, Bayram Aliyev, said he went to the bank and signed the documents upon the management’s instructions. “I was working at the company. They told me that there was a need to take out a loan in order to help the factory. So we did as we were ordered to,” he added.
Anar Novruzov testified similarly.
Witness Shahin Gulamov said he went to the bank and signed the documents under order of Dunyamin Khalilov.
Gulbuta Islamova said she was working as a cleaner in the company and she went to the bank twice, signed the documents under the instruction of the leadership.
The trial will be resumed on March 9.
A group of businessmen was detained over large amount of credit debts to the International Bank of Azerbaijan in 2015. Owner of Globus Plaza Dunyamin Khalilov is also accused of fraud. In February 2015, Baku’s Narimanov district court chose a measure of restraint in the form of arrest against Khalilov, who was detained on suspicion of the criminal case launched by the Interior Ministry’s Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime. He faced charges under article 178.3.2 (swindle with causing damage in the large size) of the Criminal Code.
The other accused – Farhad Amiraslanov, Seyfulla Seyfullayev, Shakir Musayev, Ruslan Ismayilov, Mansur Zeynalov, Rauf Aliyev are accused of misappropriating 50 million manats in total.
Related news releases
- 14.12.2017Winners of “Emergency Situations Through The Eyes of Children” competition awarded
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan prohibits changing of specialty in master’s degree
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan developing concept of cadaveric organ transplantation
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies conditions in which students will get academic vacation
- 12.12.2017Abbas Alasgarov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 11.12.2017Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on Dec. 12
- 08.12.2017Tariff Council approves prices of more than 300 registered medicines
- 08.12.2017Book titled “Splendor and Misery of Leyla Yunus” presented
- 08.12.2017Anar Baghirov: Bar Association was partly responsible for delay in lawyer admissions
- 07.12.2017Criminal elements detected in activities of 23 municipalities
- 07.12.2017Several human rights defenders appeal to President Ilham Aliyev
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Another 10 carpet weaving factories to open in Azerbaijan next year
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies non-working days for next year's holidays
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: "ASAN Service" is most effective tool against corruption, bribery
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Guba
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates ‘ASAN heyat’ complex in Guba
- 07.12.2017New chairman of Azerbaijan’s Bar Association elected
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ground breaking ceremony of highway to be built on Azerbaijan-Russia state border
- 06.12.2017Citizens of OIC countries to get grants for education in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Javanshir Gurbanov awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 06.12.2017About 80 percent of Azerbaijani citizens optimistic about the country's future
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards workers of communication and high-tech sector
- 05.12.2017Number of Nakhchivan’s population publicized
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan postpones election of new ombudsperson
- 04.12.2017Baku’s population nears 2.6 million
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan Business Case Competition 2017 wraps up
- 02.12.2017Weather forecast for tomorrow
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases duties on reissue of lost and deteriorated international passports and ID cards
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan modifying conditions for selection of pretrial detention type
- 01.12.2017MP Hasanguliyev: English-language TV channel should be created in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Half of HIV-infected people in Europe is diagnosed late – WHO
- 01.12.2017Preliminary hearing held for APFP deputy chairperson accused of smuggling
- 01.12.2017MP: Half of men in Azerbaijan smoke
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Azerbaijan unlikely to adopt mandatory medical insurance in 1-2 years
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Unemployment rate high in trade and service areas
- 30.11.2017State Committee: Work underway to get Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 30.11.2017December weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2017AZN 3M allocated for renovation works and capital repair of multi-apartment building in Tartar
- 29.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for renovation works in Aghjabadi
- 29.11.2017Most appeals to State Committee have to do with non-payment of alimonies
- 02.03.2017Former MNS official pleads not guilty
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan to mark 25th anniversary of National Olympic Committee
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan simplifying visa procedures in connection with F1
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission holds next meeting
- 02.03.2017UNICEF: Over a million children in prison worldwide
- 01.03.2017Islam set to overtake Christianity, become world’s most popular religion