Witnesses testify at trial of ex-Azerbaijani MP
The Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Thursday resumed the trial of former MP Dunyamin Khalilov, who is accused of failing to repay the loan which he took out from International Bank of Azerbaijan.
Witnesses testified during the trial.
Intertextile LLC employee Pasha Namazov said that they were required to sign some documents in order to take out a loan from the bank.
“So we went to the bank and signed the documents. They’d told us that it was needed for the company,” he said.
Witness Ramiz Karimov testified similarly.
Another witness, Bayram Aliyev, said he went to the bank and signed the documents upon the management’s instructions. “I was working at the company. They told me that there was a need to take out a loan in order to help the factory. So we did as we were ordered to,” he added.
Anar Novruzov testified similarly.
Witness Shahin Gulamov said he went to the bank and signed the documents under order of Dunyamin Khalilov.
Gulbuta Islamova said she was working as a cleaner in the company and she went to the bank twice, signed the documents under the instruction of the leadership.
The trial will be resumed on March 9.
A group of businessmen was detained over large amount of credit debts to the International Bank of Azerbaijan in 2015. Owner of Globus Plaza Dunyamin Khalilov is also accused of fraud. In February 2015, Baku’s Narimanov district court chose a measure of restraint in the form of arrest against Khalilov, who was detained on suspicion of the criminal case launched by the Interior Ministry’s Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime. He faced charges under article 178.3.2 (swindle with causing damage in the large size) of the Criminal Code.
The other accused – Farhad Amiraslanov, Seyfulla Seyfullayev, Shakir Musayev, Ruslan Ismayilov, Mansur Zeynalov, Rauf Aliyev are accused of misappropriating 50 million manats in total.
Related news releases
- 28.03.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials proceeds - UPDATED
- 28.03.2017Ali Insanov’s criminal case submitted to court
- 28.03.2017Criminal case against Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official terminated - EXCLUSIVE
- 28.03.2017Historical facts uncovered about Armenian plagiarism
- 28.03.2017Preliminary investigation into case of former MNS general and others concludes
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijani Health Ministry to establish organizing committee for 4th Islamic Solidarity Games
- 28.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of orphanage-kindergarten in Saatli
- 27.03.2017Court denies Akif Chovdarov’s petition - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Dry weather predicted for March 26
- 24.03.2017Temperature to reach 18 C in Azerbaijan tomorrow
- 23.03.2017Changeable cloudy and dry weather predicted in Baku
- 22.03.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 20.03.2017Azercell supports international event in Baku
- 20.03.2017Spring comes to Azerbaijan
- 18.03.2017Commission for the Regulation and Coordination of Labor Relations established in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against former navy chief
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan to apply writing tasks for college admission for first time
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani Emergencies Ministry to work on enhanced mode during holiday
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan completes execution of president’s pardon order
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan extends deadline for document admission to master’s degree and residency
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani MP’s nephew charged with swindle released in courtroom
- 17.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 17.03.2017Albanian president awarded title of honorary doctor of Azerbaijan University of Languages
- 17.03.201714 female inmates pardoned Azerbaijan's president
- 17.03.2017Pardon order: 40 inmates released from Correctional Facility No. 13
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan starts execution of presidential order on pardon
- 16.03.2017Rector appointed to Baku Engineering University
- 16.03.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani MES: Project for 1st micro-district to cover more areas in case it proves successful
- 15.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 14.03.2017Two-time European karate champion standing trial on drug charges
- 14.03.2017Dust clouds over Turkmenistan to hit Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2017Hearing in case of former MNS generals postponed
- 14.03.2017Supreme Court considers IBA ex-chairman’s appeal
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijani court rejects appeal of former OMON members
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Last Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 13.03.2017Alexander Lapshin meets lawyer
- 13.03.2017Dust storm from Arabian Desert hits Baku
- 13.03.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 13.03.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial postponed
- 02.03.2017Former MNS official pleads not guilty
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan to mark 25th anniversary of National Olympic Committee
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan simplifying visa procedures in connection with F1
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission holds next meeting
- 02.03.2017UNICEF: Over a million children in prison worldwide
- 01.03.2017Islam set to overtake Christianity, become world’s most popular religion