Witnesses testify at trial of ex-Azerbaijani MP
The Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Thursday resumed the trial of former MP Dunyamin Khalilov, who is accused of failing to repay the loan which he took out from International Bank of Azerbaijan.
Witnesses testified during the trial.
Intertextile LLC employee Pasha Namazov said that they were required to sign some documents in order to take out a loan from the bank.
“So we went to the bank and signed the documents. They’d told us that it was needed for the company,” he said.
Witness Ramiz Karimov testified similarly.
Another witness, Bayram Aliyev, said he went to the bank and signed the documents upon the management’s instructions. “I was working at the company. They told me that there was a need to take out a loan in order to help the factory. So we did as we were ordered to,” he added.
Anar Novruzov testified similarly.
Witness Shahin Gulamov said he went to the bank and signed the documents under order of Dunyamin Khalilov.
Gulbuta Islamova said she was working as a cleaner in the company and she went to the bank twice, signed the documents under the instruction of the leadership.
The trial will be resumed on March 9.
A group of businessmen was detained over large amount of credit debts to the International Bank of Azerbaijan in 2015. Owner of Globus Plaza Dunyamin Khalilov is also accused of fraud. In February 2015, Baku’s Narimanov district court chose a measure of restraint in the form of arrest against Khalilov, who was detained on suspicion of the criminal case launched by the Interior Ministry’s Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime. He faced charges under article 178.3.2 (swindle with causing damage in the large size) of the Criminal Code.
The other accused – Farhad Amiraslanov, Seyfulla Seyfullayev, Shakir Musayev, Ruslan Ismayilov, Mansur Zeynalov, Rauf Aliyev are accused of misappropriating 50 million manats in total.
Related news releases
- 18.10.2017Spectators to be provided with buses following Qarabag-Atletico Madrid football match
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan registers 390 HIV-positive people in 2017
- 18.10.2017Documentary “Objective Baku: How Hitler Lost the Battle for Oil” screened in London
- 18.10.2017Increase in male victims of human trafficking, IOM says
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan considers amendment to Criminal Code regarding postponement of sentence for some prisoners
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan defines upper and lowers limits of new penalty for juvenile delinquency
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s trade representatives abroad to be paid in amount of 90 percent of ambassador’s salary
- 16.10.2017Interior Minister: Situation with sexual minorities in Azerbaijan no different from that in most European states
- 16.10.2017ANAS proposes businesses undertake to finance development of science in country
- 13.10.2017"IMAGINE" Euro Tolerance Festival 2017 kicks off in Baku
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan set to abrogate imprisonment for illegal trafficking of medications
- 13.10.2017ANAS says statement by Institute of History on map crisis does not reflect its position
- 13.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve irrigation in Saatli
- 13.10.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 13.10.20174-year-old Azerbaijani child rescued from ISIL in Iraq brought home
- 12.10.2017ANAS Institute of History issues statement on map crisis
- 12.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards railway workers
- 11.10.2017New generation vaccine developed against malaria: Azerbaijani scientist
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijan develops life expectancy map
- 10.10.2017Premarital examination: 240 diagnosed with thalassemia, 7 with AIDS in Azerbaijan
- 10.10.2017Strong magnetic storm to hit Earth
- 09.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Sometimes there are delays in execution of actions relating to Strategic Road Maps
- 09.10.2017Historian: ‘Greater Armenia’ map in history textbook may have been published for insidious purpose
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan conducts serious fight against corruption, cybercrime: Deputy Prosecutor General
- 06.10.2017Project ‘Italian language week’ presented in Baku
- 06.10.2017Ambassador: From among EU countries, Italy is where most Azerbaijani students choose to pursue their study
- 06.10.2017Some Ashura blood donators found to be infected with HIV, Hepatitis, Syphilis: Health Ministry
- 06.10.2017Nobel Peace Prize 2017 awarded to International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijani Press Council recommends fines for violation of literary language norms
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijan’s NTRC reveals main problems with using literary language on television and radio
- 06.10.201711th International Education Exhibition opens in Baku
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani First Vice-President attended ceremony to give out new apartments to IDP families in Masazir
- 05.10.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva visits new building for IDP families
- 05.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for school construction in Lahij
- 04.10.2017Minister Kamaleddin Heydarov meets with CEO of Italian Leonardo company
- 04.10.2017Men also among victims of domestic violence in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 04.10.2017Euronews presents report about Azerbaijan's Lahij city - VIDEO
- 03.10.2017Int’l experience shows risk of sexually transmitted diseases is higher, sociologist says
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan’s ex-health minister appeals to Supreme Court chairman
- 03.10.2017Kamal Abdullayev granted Azerbaijani president’s personal stipend
- 02.03.2017Former MNS official pleads not guilty
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan to mark 25th anniversary of National Olympic Committee
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan simplifying visa procedures in connection with F1
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission holds next meeting
- 02.03.2017UNICEF: Over a million children in prison worldwide
- 01.03.2017Islam set to overtake Christianity, become world’s most popular religion