Witnesses testify at trial of ex-Azerbaijani MP
The Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Thursday resumed the trial of former MP Dunyamin Khalilov, who is accused of failing to repay the loan which he took out from International Bank of Azerbaijan.
Witnesses testified during the trial.
Intertextile LLC employee Pasha Namazov said that they were required to sign some documents in order to take out a loan from the bank.
“So we went to the bank and signed the documents. They’d told us that it was needed for the company,” he said.
Witness Ramiz Karimov testified similarly.
Another witness, Bayram Aliyev, said he went to the bank and signed the documents upon the management’s instructions. “I was working at the company. They told me that there was a need to take out a loan in order to help the factory. So we did as we were ordered to,” he added.
Anar Novruzov testified similarly.
Witness Shahin Gulamov said he went to the bank and signed the documents under order of Dunyamin Khalilov.
Gulbuta Islamova said she was working as a cleaner in the company and she went to the bank twice, signed the documents under the instruction of the leadership.
The trial will be resumed on March 9.
A group of businessmen was detained over large amount of credit debts to the International Bank of Azerbaijan in 2015. Owner of Globus Plaza Dunyamin Khalilov is also accused of fraud. In February 2015, Baku’s Narimanov district court chose a measure of restraint in the form of arrest against Khalilov, who was detained on suspicion of the criminal case launched by the Interior Ministry’s Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime. He faced charges under article 178.3.2 (swindle with causing damage in the large size) of the Criminal Code.
The other accused – Farhad Amiraslanov, Seyfulla Seyfullayev, Shakir Musayev, Ruslan Ismayilov, Mansur Zeynalov, Rauf Aliyev are accused of misappropriating 50 million manats in total.
Related news releases
- 16.08.2017Prosecutor seeks 15 years for Akif Chovdarov - UPDATED
- 14.08.2017Baku to host Global Young Leaders Forum
- 14.08.20172,650 Azerbaijani citizens study in Georgia
- 14.08.2017Ghulam Isaczai: Azerbaijani young people are energetic, innovative and inspirational
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijan announces university placement results
- 09.08.2017Iran building hospitals near border with Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan declares 4 days off for Eid al-Adha
- 07.08.2017Interior Ministry and Prosecutor’s Office issue joint statement on traffic accident caused by ‘Gelandewagen’
- 07.08.2017Prosecutor seeks penalty for woman for falsely presenting herself as MNS officials
- 05.08.2017Temperature to be 38C in Baku, 40C in regions tomorrow
- 04.08.2017President: Level of unemployment and poverty to reduce more
- 04.08.2017Argument erupts during trial of former MNS general
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev launches new electrical substation in Gakh
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of 180-seat orphanage-kindergarten in Gakh
- 03.08.2017Flag Museum opened in Gakh
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Zagatala
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of ABAD Center in Balakan
- 03.08.2017Flag Museum opens in Balakan
- 02.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary title on 20 January martyr
- 02.08.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations call on the public to abide by safety regulations on beaches
- 02.08.2017Azerbaijani President attends opening of Pirshagi-Novkhani and Binagadi-Novkhani-Corat highways
- 01.08.2017Baku Higher Oil School students undertake internship at BP
- 31.07.2017Zakir Garalov: Imprisoned MNS officials’ properties worth AZN 56mln under arrest
- 31.07.2017UNEC Business School graduates get global job opportunities
- 31.07.2017Solar eclipse to occur next month
- 29.07.2017Applicants for journalism specialty takes aptitude test
- 28.07.2017Interior Minister of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 28.07.2017Program Manager from Massachusetts Institute of Technology visits Baku Higher Oil School
- 28.07.2017Azerbaijan publicizes number of people bitten by snakes in July
- 28.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 5-year sentence for ex-official of liquidated ministry
- 28.07.2017State Examination Center addresses applicants who took entrance exam on July 27
- 28.07.2017The number of people released from arrest has increased by 28% over the past year in Azerbaijan
- 27.07.201783 people killed, 159 injured in emergency situations in Azerbaijan this year
- 27.07.2017Lapshin appeals to Azerbaijani Justice Ministry for his extradition to Israel
- 27.07.2017Temperature in Baku to reach 34-39C in late July
- 27.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov, Beytulla Huseynov each get 13 years in prison - UPDATED
- 27.07.2017Applicants evacuated due to fire retake entrance exams
- 26.07.2017Justice Ministry: Lapshin’s request for his extradition to Israel may be considered
- 26.07.2017Alexander Lapshin refuses to file appeal, asks to be extradited to Israel
- 26.07.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: Former head of Bank Standard declared internationally wanted for evading investigation - UPDATED
- 02.03.2017Former MNS official pleads not guilty
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan to mark 25th anniversary of National Olympic Committee
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan simplifying visa procedures in connection with F1
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission holds next meeting
- 02.03.2017UNICEF: Over a million children in prison worldwide
- 01.03.2017Islam set to overtake Christianity, become world’s most popular religion