US Embassy in Baku launches Commercial Rail Interdiction Training
On October 30 and November 13, the U.S. Embassy’s Export Control and Related Border Security (EXBS) office will be holding the Commercial Rail Interdiction Training in Baku.
Experts from the United States will share techniques and best practices, including the use of non-intrusive inspection equipment, with frontline Azerbaijani and Georgian custom officers who process both passengers and freight trains crossing international borders.
The goal of this training is to improve Azerbaijan and Georgia’s proven enforcement abilities to detect and interdict illicit cargo.
Addressing an opening ceremony, US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta said that the training is aimed at strengthening joint efforts of the US, Azerbaijan and Georgia to prevent the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
The ambassador hailed the close cooperation between the three countries in border security issues.
Cekuta said that countries should fulfill their commitments on border security to ensure the well-being of their people.
“Azerbaijan and Georgia are transit countries where are treats of transporting weapons of mass destruction,” the US ambassador said, underscoring the need for international cooperation in this field.
Deputy Chairman of the Azerbaijani State Customs Committee Shahin Bagirov stressed the importance of the training.
He also pointed out the importance of studying international experience on border security issues and cooperating with Georgia in this field.
Related news releases
- 18.11.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 1 police, injures another in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 18.11.2017Landslide activity observed in Baku’s Zigh settlement
- 17.11.2017Another quake hits Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017Private and municipal vocational education institutions to be established in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017ANAS: Land plots, scientific facilities seized over last 5 years returned
- 16.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov meets Moldovan interior minister
- 16.11.2017U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan visits ABAD trade & exhibition center
- 16.11.2017APA celebrates 13th anniversary - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known in world as sporting nation
- 16.11.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly-built school in Masazir
- 16.11.2017ANAS: Yesterday’s quake in Azerbaijan had nothing to do with recent quake in Iran
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan establishes organizing committee for Baku BMX World Championships 2018
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 110th jubilee of academician Ashraf Huseynov
- 15.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Salyan American Corner
- 15.11.2017Deloitte Azerbaijan introduces new publication - ®
- 15.11.2017Compulsory health insurance can be applied throughout Azerbaijan in 2018 – deputy minister
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan developing state program to repatriate its citizens in Iraq, Syria
- 15.11.2017Deputy Minister reacts to US State Department advising its citizens not to undergo surgery in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Baku State University’s 100th anniversary to be marked at state level
- 14.11.2017London, a city where you can see Sun, rain and Queen at the same time
- 14.11.2017EBU says Karabakh separatists’ flag to be prevented from being raised at 2017 Junior Eurovision
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani police warn drivers over use of darks films, blinds on car windows
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Consulate General commemorates Holocaust in Los Angeles
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan International Environmental Exhibition kicks off
- 13.11.2017New staff of State Language Commission approved
- 13.11.2017Javid Gurbanov awarded title of “Honored Engineer”
- 13.11.2017Sports Palace to be built in Ganja city
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani delegation led by Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov attends Dubai Airshow 2017
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Talks on creation of production units in prisons bring no results
- 13.11.2017ANAS: Strong earthquake on Iran-Iraq border unlikely to affect Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Unsettled issues will be resolved in coming years
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of culture and recreation park named after Aziz Aliyev in Ganja
- 10.11.2017Newly-built dormitory of Azerbaijan State Agrarian University inaugurated
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views secondary school in Ganja after major overhaul
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Ganja Mall
- 10.11.2017ICRC visits about 1,300 women and children of 20 nationalities in Iraq
- 08.11.2017Manufacture of 6 new UAVs launched in ANAS High Tech Park
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan to use new mechanism for increase of pensions
- 30.10.2017Drivers may be exempt from criminal liability in Azerbaijan for causing serious bodily harm
- 31.10.2017The 1st General Assembly of the “Armenia - Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform” held in Tbilisi
- 31.10.2017November weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 28.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev views newly-built sports and recreation park in Baku
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijan to organize Caspian 2017 int’l exercise
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijani university to be established in Turkey