US Embassy in Baku launches Commercial Rail Interdiction Training
On October 30 and November 13, the U.S. Embassy’s Export Control and Related Border Security (EXBS) office will be holding the Commercial Rail Interdiction Training in Baku.
Experts from the United States will share techniques and best practices, including the use of non-intrusive inspection equipment, with frontline Azerbaijani and Georgian custom officers who process both passengers and freight trains crossing international borders.
The goal of this training is to improve Azerbaijan and Georgia’s proven enforcement abilities to detect and interdict illicit cargo.
Addressing an opening ceremony, US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta said that the training is aimed at strengthening joint efforts of the US, Azerbaijan and Georgia to prevent the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
The ambassador hailed the close cooperation between the three countries in border security issues.
Cekuta said that countries should fulfill their commitments on border security to ensure the well-being of their people.
“Azerbaijan and Georgia are transit countries where are treats of transporting weapons of mass destruction,” the US ambassador said, underscoring the need for international cooperation in this field.
Deputy Chairman of the Azerbaijani State Customs Committee Shahin Bagirov stressed the importance of the training.
He also pointed out the importance of studying international experience on border security issues and cooperating with Georgia in this field.
Related news releases
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan increases fines for pedestrians violating road crossing rules
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Code of Administrative Offenses
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 05.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.06.2018Post of chief probation officer created in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Education appointed
- 28.06.2018Baku Forum on Sustainable Development to be held in October
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates funds for development of Baku’s master plan
- 27.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves new composition of Sate Oil Fund Supervisory Board
- 27.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 26.06.2018Weather forecast for June 27
- 30.10.2017Drivers may be exempt from criminal liability in Azerbaijan for causing serious bodily harm
- 31.10.2017The 1st General Assembly of the “Armenia - Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform” held in Tbilisi
- 31.10.2017November weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 28.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev views newly-built sports and recreation park in Baku
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijan to organize Caspian 2017 int’l exercise
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijani university to be established in Turkey