US Embassy in Baku launches Commercial Rail Interdiction Training
On October 30 and November 13, the U.S. Embassy’s Export Control and Related Border Security (EXBS) office will be holding the Commercial Rail Interdiction Training in Baku.
Experts from the United States will share techniques and best practices, including the use of non-intrusive inspection equipment, with frontline Azerbaijani and Georgian custom officers who process both passengers and freight trains crossing international borders.
The goal of this training is to improve Azerbaijan and Georgia’s proven enforcement abilities to detect and interdict illicit cargo.
Addressing an opening ceremony, US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta said that the training is aimed at strengthening joint efforts of the US, Azerbaijan and Georgia to prevent the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
The ambassador hailed the close cooperation between the three countries in border security issues.
Cekuta said that countries should fulfill their commitments on border security to ensure the well-being of their people.
“Azerbaijan and Georgia are transit countries where are treats of transporting weapons of mass destruction,” the US ambassador said, underscoring the need for international cooperation in this field.
Deputy Chairman of the Azerbaijani State Customs Committee Shahin Bagirov stressed the importance of the training.
He also pointed out the importance of studying international experience on border security issues and cooperating with Georgia in this field.
Related news releases
- 20.01.2018Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform expresses deep condolences over 20 January tragedy
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijani public pays tribute to January 20 victims
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan holds minute of silence to honor January 20 victims
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan simplifies visa procedures for 2018 Formula 1 Grand Prix
- 19.01.2018Traffic to be restricted on some roads of Baku on January 20
- 18.01.2018Teymur Bunyadov awarded Shohrat Order
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold first stage of paid mock exam for master admission
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan increases salaries of teachers working in state vocational education institutions
- 17.01.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan SEC announces dates of final, entrance exams in 2018
- 16.01.2018Keshikchi Dag monastery needs to be repaired – Azerbaijani State Service
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance becomes public legal entity
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani Supreme Court denies former health minister’s appeal
- 16.01.2018Isa Gambar in stable condition, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Siyavush Novruzov: If necessary, state will support Isa Gambar’s treatment
- 15.01.2018Isa Gambar’s health condition improving, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Health Ministry: Infant and child mortality rates in Azerbaijan drop three times
- 14.01.2018Recent discovery in Meteorites may prove there is life outside Earth - Study
- 13.01.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 10.01.2018Citizens of Non-Aligned movement states to get education grants in Azerbaijan
- 10.01.2018Iranian FM in Russia for talks on nuclear deal, Syria
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: 2,300 IDP families provided with new apartments in 2017
- 08.01.2018Masalli resident captures injured eagle
- 06.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on highway construction in Khachmaz
- 06.01.2018Turkish citizen standing trial in Azerbaijan
- 06.01.2018ANAMA issues 2017 annual report
- 05.01.2018FEP rates photo of Heydar Aliyev Center as ‘Cover Picture of 2017’
- 05.01.2018Man detained attempting to smuggle drugs from Iran to Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018MES holds operational meeting on search of missing climbers
- 03.01.2018Nearly 386,000 children born worldwide on New Year’s Day, says UNICEF
- 31.12.2017Baku welcomes New Year - PHOTOSESSION
- 31.12.2017World Azerbaijanis mark Solidarity Day
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves “Law on Restriction of Use of Tobacco Products”
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan abolishes penalty for conversation that can district driver’s attention
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan establishes professional holiday of ASAN Service employees
- 29.12.2017Diabetics increase, specialists decrease in numbers in Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Yanardag Reserve
- 29.12.2017Israeli ambassador visits Pirallahi district
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast for holidays
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MP suggests exempting disabled from education fee
- 30.10.2017Drivers may be exempt from criminal liability in Azerbaijan for causing serious bodily harm
- 31.10.2017The 1st General Assembly of the “Armenia - Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform” held in Tbilisi
- 31.10.2017November weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 28.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev views newly-built sports and recreation park in Baku
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijan to organize Caspian 2017 int’l exercise
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijani university to be established in Turkey