UNEC hosts conference dedicated to Nobel Prize winner Aziz Sancar
A film about the outstanding scientist’s life and activities was screened at the conference, APA reports.
UNEC rector, Professor Adalat Muradov said that though the university welcomed many Nobel Prize winners so far, Sancar is quite different: “Aziz Sancar has been invited to Azerbaijan not as a chemist, but a Turkish scientist. The personality of Aziz Sancar is very dear to us as the first Turkish winner of Nobel prize in science.”
The rector said that Sancar has been invited to Azerbaijan at the invitation of Education Minister Mikayil Jabbarov.
Aziz Sancar addressed scientific community of Azerbaijan. The professor said that there were neither competition nor cooperation among him and other Nobel Prize-winning scientists.
Sancar noted that other prominent scientists not winning the Nobel Prize also made contributions to humanity. The booklet titled “Aziz Sancar’s Nobel Biography” translated into Azerbaijan was presented. Muradov said that the booklet is a perfect work in terms of form and content.
Then Sancar answered the questions.
The rector said that “Aziz Sancar’s award” will be created in UNEC in the next academic year, as well as a laboratory named after Aziz Sancar will be established.
UNEC’s title “Honored Doctor” was presented to Aziz Sancar.
- 20.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 20.06.2018About 65,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018Temperature to be 31C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 08.06.2018Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 08.06.2018Specialty selection for master's degree starts in Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018New president of ANAS to be elected today
- 06.06.2018Strong, destructive earthquake not expected in Azerbaijan – top seismologist
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Bar Association rejects rumors on alleged bias towards lawyers with opposition views
- 06.06.2018Inauguration of new lawyers held in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2018No causalities reported after quake in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala: Health Ministry
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani setting up electronic system for assessment of judicial activity
- 06.06.2018Aftershocks likely to continue after strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Zagatala – Seismic Survey Center
- 05.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Development of Azerbaijan’s healthcare system remains center of attention
- 05.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Naftalan City Central Hospital
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani MES leadership visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 04.06.2018Academy of Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry marks 10th anniversary
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations, Int’l Civil Defense Organization sign document on information exchange
- 02.06.2018EuroVillage 2018 opens in Baku
- 01.06.2018Governor: Georgian citizens injured in bus accident in Azerbaijan are in stable condition
- 13.06.2017ANAS president: Farmlands make up 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s territory
- 13.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov pays for part of damage caused to state
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijan: Deaths among children aged under 1 mainly observed in Baku
- 12.06.2017Aziz Sancar: When I was awarded Nobel Prize, entire Turkic world was pleased
- 12.06.2017Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017Project on fight against human trafficking to be implemented in Azerbaijan