UN high rep, TURKSOY chief visit Azerbaijan’s Gabala
Gabala. Elvin Yagubov - APA. On the sidelines of the 7th Global Forum of the UN Alliance of Civilizations, UN High Representative for the Alliance of Civilizations Nassir Abdulaziz Al-Nasser and TURKSOY Secretary General Dusen Kaseinov made a visit to Gabala.
According to APA's local bureau, during the visit, the delegation was acquainted with the ancient and modern city of Gabala, modern manufacturing facilities, historical and cultural monuments, and recreation centers.
The guests visited the Gabala Congress Center named after Heydar Aliyev, the district historical museum, the Gabala Cultural Center, Gabala city mosque, as well as the Archaeological Center in the ancient village of Chukhur Gabala.
They were also informed about the various projects implemented in the framework of programs for socio-economic development in the city of Gabala.
It was noted the district’s potential in the field of tourism and agriculture area are efficiently used. Infrastructural projects implemented in Gabala in recent years and the number of tourists visiting the district during international events is increasing from year to year.
Members of the delegation then tasted Azerbaijan’s tendir bread.
The guests were accompanied by Azerbaijani Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev and head of the Gabala Executive Authority Sabuhi Abdullayev.
- 20.10.2017Ambassador Cekuta: About 7,000 Azerbaijanis received education in U.S. over 25-year period of diplomatic relations
- 20.10.2017In Azerbaijan, final exams to be held once, but entrance exams more than once under new model
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament excludes 3 issues from agenda
- 20.10.2017AZN 50.5 mln allocated for IDPs who don’t have access to gas supply
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani SEC: In 2019 maximum point in university entrance exams will be 400
- 20.10.2017Education expenditure in Azerbaijan’s draft state budget 2018 exceeds AZN 2 bln
- 20.10.2017Teachers’ diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan to end next year
- 20.10.2017AZN 5M to be allocated to mark 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 20.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov to be taken to Germany for treatment
- 19.10.201770 people brought to responsibility in Baku for auto-hooliganism
- 19.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve water supply, livestock management for residents of Zardab and Aghjabadi
- 18.10.2017Spectators to be provided with buses following Qarabag-Atletico Madrid football match
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan registers 390 HIV-positive people in 2017
- 18.10.2017Documentary “Objective Baku: How Hitler Lost the Battle for Oil” screened in London
- 18.10.2017Increase in male victims of human trafficking, IOM says
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan considers amendment to Criminal Code regarding postponement of sentence for some prisoners
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan defines upper and lowers limits of new penalty for juvenile delinquency
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s trade representatives abroad to be paid in amount of 90 percent of ambassador’s salary
- 16.10.2017Interior Minister: Situation with sexual minorities in Azerbaijan no different from that in most European states
- 16.10.2017ANAS proposes businesses undertake to finance development of science in country
- 13.10.2017"IMAGINE" Euro Tolerance Festival 2017 kicks off in Baku
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan set to abrogate imprisonment for illegal trafficking of medications
- 13.10.2017ANAS says statement by Institute of History on map crisis does not reflect its position
- 13.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve irrigation in Saatli
- 13.10.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 13.10.20174-year-old Azerbaijani child rescued from ISIL in Iraq brought home
- 12.10.2017ANAS Institute of History issues statement on map crisis
- 12.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards railway workers
- 11.10.2017New generation vaccine developed against malaria: Azerbaijani scientist
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijan develops life expectancy map
- 10.10.2017Premarital examination: 240 diagnosed with thalassemia, 7 with AIDS in Azerbaijan
- 10.10.2017Strong magnetic storm to hit Earth
- 09.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Sometimes there are delays in execution of actions relating to Strategic Road Maps
- 09.10.2017Historian: ‘Greater Armenia’ map in history textbook may have been published for insidious purpose
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan conducts serious fight against corruption, cybercrime: Deputy Prosecutor General
- 06.10.2017Project ‘Italian language week’ presented in Baku
- 06.10.2017Ambassador: From among EU countries, Italy is where most Azerbaijani students choose to pursue their study
- 06.10.2017Some Ashura blood donators found to be infected with HIV, Hepatitis, Syphilis: Health Ministry
- 06.10.2017Nobel Peace Prize 2017 awarded to International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijani Press Council recommends fines for violation of literary language norms
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijani president signs order on ASPU’s Gazakh and Zagatala branches
- 29.04.2016Court rejects petition for Ilgar Mammadov’s release
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijan’s justice minister meets with US ambassador
- 29.04.2016Baku hosting annual plenary session of FDI World Dental Federation
- 29.04.2016‘Azerbaijan’s multicultural safety is no less important than other security doctrines’
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijan to create legal aid delivery mechanisms to ensure access to information