UN high rep, TURKSOY chief visit Azerbaijan’s Gabala
Gabala. Elvin Yagubov - APA. On the sidelines of the 7th Global Forum of the UN Alliance of Civilizations, UN High Representative for the Alliance of Civilizations Nassir Abdulaziz Al-Nasser and TURKSOY Secretary General Dusen Kaseinov made a visit to Gabala.
According to APA's local bureau, during the visit, the delegation was acquainted with the ancient and modern city of Gabala, modern manufacturing facilities, historical and cultural monuments, and recreation centers.
The guests visited the Gabala Congress Center named after Heydar Aliyev, the district historical museum, the Gabala Cultural Center, Gabala city mosque, as well as the Archaeological Center in the ancient village of Chukhur Gabala.
They were also informed about the various projects implemented in the framework of programs for socio-economic development in the city of Gabala.
It was noted the district’s potential in the field of tourism and agriculture area are efficiently used. Infrastructural projects implemented in Gabala in recent years and the number of tourists visiting the district during international events is increasing from year to year.
Members of the delegation then tasted Azerbaijan’s tendir bread.
The guests were accompanied by Azerbaijani Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev and head of the Gabala Executive Authority Sabuhi Abdullayev.
- 18.12.2017EU says work underway to prepare comprehensive agreement with Azerbaijan
- 18.12.2017573 people obtain Azerbaijani citizenship in 2017: Migration Service
- 16.12.2017Azerbaijan defines procedure for accrediting scientific institutions
- 15.12.2017Honorary titles conferred on MES employees
- 15.12.2017Court denies Mehman Huseynov’s appeal
- 15.12.2017Trial continues in case of Giyas Ibrahimov and his father
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments to Election Code
- 15.12.2017Director of Azerbaijani TV channel jailed for 6 years
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev views overhauled Ludwigshafen Park in Sumgayit
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev views "Kimyachi" Culture Palace in Sumgayit after major overhaul
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Sumgayit
- 15.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Important steps being taken in Azerbaijan to attract youth to science
- 14.12.2017State Program on Development of Inclusive Education for People with Disabilities approved
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry holds board meeting on its 12th anniversary
- 14.12.2017Winners of “Emergency Situations Through The Eyes of Children” competition awarded
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan prohibits changing of specialty in master’s degree
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan developing concept of cadaveric organ transplantation
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies conditions in which students will get academic vacation
- 12.12.2017Abbas Alasgarov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 11.12.2017Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on Dec. 12
- 08.12.2017Tariff Council approves prices of more than 300 registered medicines
- 08.12.2017Book titled “Splendor and Misery of Leyla Yunus” presented
- 08.12.2017Anar Baghirov: Bar Association was partly responsible for delay in lawyer admissions
- 07.12.2017Criminal elements detected in activities of 23 municipalities
- 07.12.2017Several human rights defenders appeal to President Ilham Aliyev
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Another 10 carpet weaving factories to open in Azerbaijan next year
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies non-working days for next year's holidays
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: "ASAN Service" is most effective tool against corruption, bribery
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Guba
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates ‘ASAN heyat’ complex in Guba
- 07.12.2017New chairman of Azerbaijan’s Bar Association elected
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ground breaking ceremony of highway to be built on Azerbaijan-Russia state border
- 06.12.2017Citizens of OIC countries to get grants for education in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Javanshir Gurbanov awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 06.12.2017About 80 percent of Azerbaijani citizens optimistic about the country's future
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards workers of communication and high-tech sector
- 05.12.2017Number of Nakhchivan’s population publicized
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan postpones election of new ombudsperson
- 04.12.2017Baku’s population nears 2.6 million
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan Business Case Competition 2017 wraps up
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijani president signs order on ASPU’s Gazakh and Zagatala branches
- 29.04.2016Court rejects petition for Ilgar Mammadov’s release
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijan’s justice minister meets with US ambassador
- 29.04.2016Baku hosting annual plenary session of FDI World Dental Federation
- 29.04.2016‘Azerbaijan’s multicultural safety is no less important than other security doctrines’
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijan to create legal aid delivery mechanisms to ensure access to information