UK Embassy in Baku holds forum on harmful effects of plastic products
The UK Embassy in Baku has organized a forum dedicated to awareness of the ill effects of plastic products.
UK Ambassador to Azerbaijan Carole Crofts said at the event that there is a need to change our attitude to plastic products, noting that this issue must be solved in a logical way.
"Press and government agencies, as well as citizens, should be actively involved in this work,” she said.
UK Prime Minister's Trade Envoy Baroness Emma Nicholson said in his turn that plastic products are used by everyone and their use has increased in recent years.
“Enlightenment of people requires very long time. We don’t understand how harmful plastic products are. States, people should want to resolve this problem. Scientists must find a way to solve the problem,” she said.
Deputy Minister of Economy of Azerbaijan Sevinj Hasanova said plastic products are the problem facing the modern world.
“Plastic products destroy ecosystem. Azerbaijan takes relevant measures to address this problem. We prevent pollution of our forests with plastic products. This problem must be resolved step by step. Then the result will be more efficient,” Hasanova noted.
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 08.06.2018Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 08.06.2018Specialty selection for master's degree starts in Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018New president of ANAS to be elected today
- 06.06.2018Strong, destructive earthquake not expected in Azerbaijan – top seismologist
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Bar Association rejects rumors on alleged bias towards lawyers with opposition views
- 06.06.2018Inauguration of new lawyers held in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2018No causalities reported after quake in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala: Health Ministry
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani setting up electronic system for assessment of judicial activity
- 06.06.2018Aftershocks likely to continue after strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Zagatala – Seismic Survey Center
- 05.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Development of Azerbaijan’s healthcare system remains center of attention
- 05.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Naftalan City Central Hospital
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani MES leadership visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 04.06.2018Academy of Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry marks 10th anniversary
- 31.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints rector of Azerbaijan Institute of Theology
- 31.05.2018June weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 31.05.2018MP: Number of disabled people in Azerbaijan higher than world countries
- 31.05.2018ASAN Service may be empowered to define degrees of disability
- 31.05.2018Increase in number of men in Azerbaijan may lead to disproportionate decrease in female population – ministry
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan sees rapid male population growth over past 2 decades
- 01.06.2018Governor: Georgian citizens injured in bus accident in Azerbaijan are in stable condition
- 02.06.2018EuroVillage 2018 opens in Baku
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations, Int’l Civil Defense Organization sign document on information exchange
- 01.06.2018Two Azerbaijani children adopted by Iranian and Turkish citizens this year
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani president awards civil aviation workers
- 31.05.2018Ragub Samadov granted Azerbaijani President’s personal pension