Trial in MNS case begins - UPDATED
Baku’s Sabunchu district court has begun the trial in the criminal case involving the former chief of the Monitoring Center of the liquidated Ministry of National Security (MNS) of Azerbaijan, Major General Teymur Guliyev, the former head of the ministry’s Main Directorate for Combating Transnational Economic Crime, Major General Subahir Gurbanov, the chief of the ministry’s Operational and Technical Department, Major General Natavan Murvatova, and other officials of the ministry Fizuli Aliyev, Zaur Mammadov, Natig Aliyev, Farhad Atayev, Anar Shiraliyev, Eshgin Aliyev and Elshad Azizov, APA reported.
Judge Habib Hasanov of the Baku Military Court is presiding over the process.
Natavan Murvatova, who is on bail, and the other imprisoned generals were brought to the courtroom.
Baku’s Sabunchu district court on Thursday commenced the trial in the criminal case involving the former chief of the Monitoring Center of the liquidated Ministry of National Security (MNS) of Azerbaijan, Major General Teymur Guliyev, the former head of the ministry’s Main Directorate for Combating Transnational Economic Crime, Major General Subahir Gurbanov, the chief of the ministry’s Operational and Technical Department, Major General Natavan Murvatova, and other officials of the ministry Fizuli Aliyev, Zaur Mammadov, Natig Aliyev, Farhad Atayev, Anar Shiraliyev, Eshgin Aliyev and Elshad Azizov, APA reported.
The trial, presided over by judge Habib Hasanov, is being held closed to the press. However, attorneys said they will make a petition for reporters to be permitted to attend the trial. Police told reporters that only the one whose names are on the list will be permitted to enter the courtroom.
The court ordered seizure on property and cash worth of AZN 21,528,000, as well as real estate worth of AZN 20,971,000, vehicles worth of AZN 272,000, jewelry and other valuable goods worth of AZN 42,000, cash worth of AZN 88,000, USD 88,000 and EUR 5,000 belonging to the defendants – Subahir Gurbanov, Fizuli Aliyev, Zaur Mammadov, Natig Aliyev, Teymur Guliyev, Natavan Murvatova and the others.
They are charged under articles 145.3 (illegal imprisonment on negligence ended with death of the victim or other serious consequences), 178.3.1, 178.3.2 (swindle committed by organized group with causing damage on a large scale), 179.3.1, 179.3.2 (embezzlement by an organized group on a large scale), 181.3.1, 181.3.2 (robbery, committed by an organized group, with a view to seizing the property on a large scale), 182.3.1, 182.3.2 (extortion, committed by an organized group in order to obtain property on a large scale), 228.4 (illegal purchase, selling, storage and carrying fire arms, bladed weapons), 302.1, 302.2 (infringement of the legislation on operative-search activity with the use of technical means, intended for secret information), 311.3.1, 311.3.2, 311.3.3, 311.3.4 (reception of a bribe, committed by a group of persons or an organized group repeatedly or on a large scale, using threats), 313 (service forgery), 320.1, 320.2 (fake of official documents and use of obviously counterfeit documents) and 341.2.1, 341.2.2, 341.2.3 (abusing authority, excess or inactivity of authority, committed by a group of persons with the use of weapons, resulted in grave consequences).
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018Model United States Senate organized in Baku
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing social allowances
- 23.02.2018Allowance for women with more than 5 children increased in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Committee chairman: Nationalization of surnames hotly debated issue in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Deputy PM: 97 families evacuated from landslide zone on Bayil slope
- 23.02.2018U.S. helps people with disabilities receive free legal aid
- 23.02.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Lankaran
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president's personal pension increased by AZN150
- 22.02.2018Monthly stipend for young talents increased by 100 manats
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly scholarship for honorary titles
- 22.02.2018Collegium of Advocates to be provided with new building
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor asks court to strip MNS generals of their ranks
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor seeks 16 years for Subahir Gurbanov and Teymur Guliyev - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018International organizations praise anti-corruption measures in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Ministry of Education announces results of student transfer
- 22.02.2018First-grade admission gets started in Baku
- 22.02.2018Requirements for construction of buildings erected in place of emergency structures in nine districts of Baku changed
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 20.01.2017Azerbaijan holds minute of silence for 20 January martyrs
- 20.01.2017Event on 27th anniversary of 20 January tragedy held at Azerbaijani embassy in Tbilisi
- 21.01.2017Azerbaijan increases minimum monthly salary
- 19.01.2017Azerbaijan’s entry ban on citizens involved in terrorism abroad lawful: committee chairman
- 18.01.2017Education Ministry to consider issue related to teachers of liquidated Qafqaz University
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on reproductive health