Judicial investigation launched into Alexander Lapshin’s case - UPDATED
The Baku Court of Grave Crimes continued the trial in the case of blogger Alexander Lapshin, who is under prison in Azerbaijan.
A judicial investigation into the case was launched at the trial presided over by judge Alovsat Abbasov, APA reported.
A public prosecutor read out the indictment.
Speaking at the trial, Lapshin pleaded not guilty. He refused to testify and only answered the questions. Later, witnesses gave testimony at the hearing.
The trial will be continued on July 3.
The Baku Court of Grave Crimes commenced on Friday a trial in the case of blogger Alexander Lapshin, who is under prison in Azerbaijan.
The trial is being presided by judge Alovsat Abbasov, APA reported.
Alexander Lapshin is a citizen of several countries and has had a criminal conspiracy with Armenians living in the occupied Azerbaijani territories. He also illegally visited these territories.
Lapshin is accused of violating Azerbaijani laws on state border in April 2011 and October 2012.
On 15 December 2016, he was detained in Belarus. On January 17, 2017, Alexei Stuk, deputy prosecutor general of Belarus, issued a ruling on Lapshin’s extradition to Azerbaijan. Lapshin was brought to Azerbaijan on February 7.
Lapshin faces charges under the Article 281.2 (Public appeals directed against the state) and 318.2 (Illegal crossing border of the Azerbaijan Republic) of the Criminal Code.
Related news releases
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan may list historical items older than 1960 as cultural resources
- 19.09.2017Foreigners to be required additional documents to get their driver licenses changed in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017People's Artist Fuad Poladov says he was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 months ago - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017World Bank, Azerbaijani State Committee for Refugee and IDP Affairs implement $170 mln credit projects
- 18.09.2017Tbilisi hosts int’l conference on fight against tuberculosis
- 16.09.2017Winners of essay contest amongst youth of Islamic countries awarded
- 16.09.2017Temperature to be 35C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Students of Tafakkur University will not be awarded a diploma because it is not accredited
- 16.09.2017New specialty to be created in master’s programme
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves 2017-2021 State Youth Programme
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan changing rules for foreigners obtaining scientific degree
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Day of Knowledge - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Knowledge Day
- 13.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev grants scholarship to students admitted to universities
- 13.09.2017UNHCR report highlights education crisis for refugee children
- 13.09.2017Another IBA official standing trial on fraud charges
- 13.09.2017Georgian Azerbaijanis stage protest over Myanmar violence
- 13.09.2017Lapshin thanks Azerbaijani president for pardoning him
- 12.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Additional exams to be held for students who missed final exams
- 11.09.2017Lapshin will most likely be sent to Israel tomorrow – lawyer
- 11.09.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva views renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Baku
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views special school in Baku after major overhaul
- 11.09.2017Lapshin attempts suicide under pretext of delayed extradition: Penitentiary Service
- 11.09.2017Mehman Aliyev released from prison
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani president tells law enforcement agencies to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views schools in Baku after major overhaul
- 11.09.2017Prominent scientist Lotfi Zadeh to be buried in 1st Alley of Honor
- 09.09.2017Iosif Kobzon awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijan announces rewards for athletes who achieved high results in 29th Summer Universiade
- 08.09.2017Italian embassy in Baku explains reason for refusing student visas
- 08.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Zugulba training and sports base
- 07.09.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolence over Lotfi Zadeh’s death
- 30.06.2017Six children given up to foreigners for adoption in Azerbaijan this year
- 01.07.2017Minister: No force is able to threaten public order and security in Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2017Grave of Azerbaijani soldier who died in World War II found in Russia
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani MP proposes to establish universities named after Heydar Aliyev, Mammad Amin Rasulzade and Elchibey
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves candidatures of several judges
- 30.06.2017July weather forecast for Azerbaijan