State Committee chairperson: Parents losing their sense of responsibility
The Azerbaijani parliament has held a round table on causes of family disputes and possible solutions.
Addressing the event, Chairperson of the State Committee for Family, Women and Children Affairs Hijran Huseynova said that early marriages, divorces, and cases of violence in the country cause a big concern, APA reports.
“Sometimes, there are some unpleasant cases in Azerbaijan and we should try to prevent them. Azerbaijan, like other countries, is experiencing globalization, which has positive and negative effects. Besides, we are pleased with developing information technologies. However, we must remember that the development of information technologies has pros and cons. Sometimes, parents are happy with their children staying quiet in the room, but they don’t care about what the children are doing there. Elderly people, adults, and even children used to be influential in families. However, nowadays parents do not want to deal with their children,” she stressed.
The committee chairperson said that sometimes parents appeal to the committee, asking to separate them from their children when they think they cannot cope with them.
“See what the situation is. We should raise these issues and eliminate the gaps in the legislation,” she said.
Huseynova stressed that parents must be more responsible. “Sometimes a father doesn’t allow his 15-year-old daughter to study so that he can marry her off. But they fail to understand that a teen is incapable of maintaining a family. Thus we have brought up the matter of family psychologists. While studying the causes of divorces, the committee revealed that the problem is not social problems. Relations in poor families are stronger. Women and men are gradually losing their sense of responsibility. In fact, we have model families. However, we see that sense of responsibility is low in most families,” she said.
Later on, Gunduz Ismayilov, the deputy chairman of the State Committee of Azerbaijan for Work with Religious Organizations, experts, representatives of executive bodies delivered speeches.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing social allowances
- 23.02.2018Allowance for women with more than 5 children increased in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Committee chairman: Nationalization of surnames hotly debated issue in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Deputy PM: 97 families evacuated from landslide zone on Bayil slope
- 23.02.2018U.S. helps people with disabilities receive free legal aid
- 23.02.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Lankaran
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president's personal pension increased by AZN150
- 22.02.2018Monthly stipend for young talents increased by 100 manats
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly scholarship for honorary titles
- 22.02.2018Collegium of Advocates to be provided with new building
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor asks court to strip MNS generals of their ranks
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor seeks 16 years for Subahir Gurbanov and Teymur Guliyev - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018International organizations praise anti-corruption measures in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Ministry of Education announces results of student transfer
- 22.02.2018First-grade admission gets started in Baku
- 22.02.2018Requirements for construction of buildings erected in place of emergency structures in nine districts of Baku changed
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan discloses non-working days in March 2018
- 16.02.2017Book-album ‘Museum of Genocide’ presented in Baku
- 16.02.2017Lithuania’s independence marked in Baku
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan: 3,868 people still missing after Karabakh conflict
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijani State Committee dissatisfied with non-implementation of laws on family and children affairs
- 16.02.2017Medicine prices in Azerbaijan regulated based on manat rate against dollar: Tariff Council
- 16.02.2017PA official: Judges sometimes order registration of illegal buildings