State Committee chairperson: Parents losing their sense of responsibility
The Azerbaijani parliament has held a round table on causes of family disputes and possible solutions.
Addressing the event, Chairperson of the State Committee for Family, Women and Children Affairs Hijran Huseynova said that early marriages, divorces, and cases of violence in the country cause a big concern, APA reports.
“Sometimes, there are some unpleasant cases in Azerbaijan and we should try to prevent them. Azerbaijan, like other countries, is experiencing globalization, which has positive and negative effects. Besides, we are pleased with developing information technologies. However, we must remember that the development of information technologies has pros and cons. Sometimes, parents are happy with their children staying quiet in the room, but they don’t care about what the children are doing there. Elderly people, adults, and even children used to be influential in families. However, nowadays parents do not want to deal with their children,” she stressed.
The committee chairperson said that sometimes parents appeal to the committee, asking to separate them from their children when they think they cannot cope with them.
“See what the situation is. We should raise these issues and eliminate the gaps in the legislation,” she said.
Huseynova stressed that parents must be more responsible. “Sometimes a father doesn’t allow his 15-year-old daughter to study so that he can marry her off. But they fail to understand that a teen is incapable of maintaining a family. Thus we have brought up the matter of family psychologists. While studying the causes of divorces, the committee revealed that the problem is not social problems. Relations in poor families are stronger. Women and men are gradually losing their sense of responsibility. In fact, we have model families. However, we see that sense of responsibility is low in most families,” she said.
Later on, Gunduz Ismayilov, the deputy chairman of the State Committee of Azerbaijan for Work with Religious Organizations, experts, representatives of executive bodies delivered speeches.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018NGOs adopt statement on 100th anniversary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to impose new penalties for breaking rules on rallies, street marches
- 25.04.2018BHOS concludes 3rd SOCAR International Forum with conference
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan considers restriction of freedom for several offences
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes new fines for violating entry and exit rules
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves draft law on employment
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on vocational education
- 23.04.2018Jeyhun Bayramov relieved of his duties as Deputy Minister of Education
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani President issues order on allocation of lump-sum financial aid to WW II veterans
- 20.04.2018F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Two hospitals will render medical services to participants, guests
- 20.04.2018Owners of 6 houses damaged in Baku landslide zone receive financial aid
- 20.04.2018Non-smoking area in Baku Metro expanded
- 20.04.2018Baku hosts conference on exposure of Armenian falsifications
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Housing market prices are not suitable for low-income families
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan may prosecute those failing to pay unemployment insurance and compulsory social insurance
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Legal regulation needed for use of social networks
- 19.04.2018Health Ministry: Anemia, kidney and heart diseases widespread among pregnant women in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201837,618 abortion cases recorded in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan reveals number of maternal deaths registered in 1Q 2018
- 19.04.2018Early marriages reported not only among Azerbaijanis living in Georgia: UNFPA study
- 19.04.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov meets with IAEA chief
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs decree to improve social protection of families of servicemen killed in military ops
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani citizens’ living standards will increase in coming years
- 18.04.2018Dust from Arabian Peninsula to reach Azerbaijan
- 18.04.20184th OIC Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers kicks off in Baku
- 18.04.2018Belarus may deliver Polonaise multiple rocket launch systems to Azerbaijan: Russian paper
- 18.04.2018Traffic to be restricted in Baku for 2018 F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani SEC: Results of final exams may remain valid for two years
- 16.04.2018Amount of financial assistance for owners of damaged houses in Baku landslide zone determined
- 10.04.2018Strong geomagnetic storm expected in coming days
- 10.04.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Health Ministry announces average life expectancy
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan, India discuss cooperation in education
- 09.04.2018AZN 3mln allocated to Youth Foundation
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijan declares March 27 as ‘Science Day’
- 07.04.2018Temperature to be 20 C in Baku tomorrow
- 07.04.2018Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources: Process of flooding intensified in Baku
- 06.04.2018Requirements concerning specially designated smoking areas specified in Azerbaijan
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining rules for organizing social workplaces
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining cases of involvement in forced labor
- 16.02.2017Book-album ‘Museum of Genocide’ presented in Baku
- 16.02.2017Lithuania’s independence marked in Baku
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan: 3,868 people still missing after Karabakh conflict
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijani State Committee dissatisfied with non-implementation of laws on family and children affairs
- 16.02.2017Medicine prices in Azerbaijan regulated based on manat rate against dollar: Tariff Council
- 16.02.2017PA official: Judges sometimes order registration of illegal buildings