State Committee chairperson: Parents losing their sense of responsibility
The Azerbaijani parliament has held a round table on causes of family disputes and possible solutions.
Addressing the event, Chairperson of the State Committee for Family, Women and Children Affairs Hijran Huseynova said that early marriages, divorces, and cases of violence in the country cause a big concern, APA reports.
“Sometimes, there are some unpleasant cases in Azerbaijan and we should try to prevent them. Azerbaijan, like other countries, is experiencing globalization, which has positive and negative effects. Besides, we are pleased with developing information technologies. However, we must remember that the development of information technologies has pros and cons. Sometimes, parents are happy with their children staying quiet in the room, but they don’t care about what the children are doing there. Elderly people, adults, and even children used to be influential in families. However, nowadays parents do not want to deal with their children,” she stressed.
The committee chairperson said that sometimes parents appeal to the committee, asking to separate them from their children when they think they cannot cope with them.
“See what the situation is. We should raise these issues and eliminate the gaps in the legislation,” she said.
Huseynova stressed that parents must be more responsible. “Sometimes a father doesn’t allow his 15-year-old daughter to study so that he can marry her off. But they fail to understand that a teen is incapable of maintaining a family. Thus we have brought up the matter of family psychologists. While studying the causes of divorces, the committee revealed that the problem is not social problems. Relations in poor families are stronger. Women and men are gradually losing their sense of responsibility. In fact, we have model families. However, we see that sense of responsibility is low in most families,” she said.
Later on, Gunduz Ismayilov, the deputy chairman of the State Committee of Azerbaijan for Work with Religious Organizations, experts, representatives of executive bodies delivered speeches.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2017Those who were taking exam at university at the time of fire will retake exam
- 21.07.2017President: Investments to be made in pharmaceutical factories amount to $100 million
- 21.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Drinking water supply projects successfully implemented in Azerbaijan
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views plans of work to be done in center of Pirallahi
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards Avaz Alakbarov
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Nearly 80 percent of Azerbaijani population is internet users
- 20.07.2017Alexander Lapshin sentenced to 3 years in prison
- 19.07.2017Article by TEAS director published on website of “Peace and Sport” organization
- 19.07.2017Delegation of Pakistan’s National Disaster Management Authority arrives in Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 4.5 years behind bars for APFP chairman’s assistant
- 19.07.2017UN report: 443,000 teens give birth in Eastern Europe and Central Asia every year
- 19.07.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 18.07.2017Opening of new TV channel proposed in Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2017ANAMA: 300ha area cleared of mine, UXOs in Jojug Marjanli
- 17.07.2017Kamran Aliyev: In Azerbaijan more bribes offered than taken
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan concludes investigation into 19 criminal cases on banking sector
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan completes investigation into criminal cases of 133 officials charged with corruption
- 15.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views conditions created in new park in Yasamal
- 15.07.2017Azerbaijani President warns officials, businessmen against cutting down trees
- 15.07.2017Int’l dolma festival held in Azerbaijan’s Khachmaz
- 15.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views newly built park in Yasamal district
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani Health Ministry: 12,036 people wishing to marry diagnosed with thalassemia
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani Education Ministry: Application for transfer of students to begin on July 17
- 14.07.2017Vugar Safarli: Names of journalists to be given apartments will be announced on July 21
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijan SEC to hold entrance exams on II and III specialty groups
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to law on education
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan bans advertising of abortion and artificial fermentation
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani President: Some public servants misbehave and make blatant mistakes
- 12.07.2017Judicial investigation into Alexander Lapshin’s case concludes
- 12.07.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan appoints new chairpersons to several courts of appeal
- 11.07.2017New chairpersons appointed to civil, military collegiums of Azerbaijani Supreme Court
- 11.07.2017APA photographers among best of Baku 2017
- 11.07.2017Lapshin’s trial postponed
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor’s Office receives submission on initiation of criminal case against former national security minister
- 10.07.2017Former MNS official stripped of his rank of colonel, jailed for 12 years
- 10.07.2017SEC announces date of new test exams for civil service recruitment
- 10.07.2017SEC: 11-grade final exam results roughly same as last year’s
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Cases of abuse reported in fixed-term employment
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani SEC makes changes in test exams for civil service recruitment
- 16.02.2017Book-album ‘Museum of Genocide’ presented in Baku
- 16.02.2017Lithuania’s independence marked in Baku
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan: 3,868 people still missing after Karabakh conflict
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijani State Committee dissatisfied with non-implementation of laws on family and children affairs
- 16.02.2017Medicine prices in Azerbaijan regulated based on manat rate against dollar: Tariff Council
- 16.02.2017PA official: Judges sometimes order registration of illegal buildings