State Committee chairperson: Parents losing their sense of responsibility
The Azerbaijani parliament has held a round table on causes of family disputes and possible solutions.
Addressing the event, Chairperson of the State Committee for Family, Women and Children Affairs Hijran Huseynova said that early marriages, divorces, and cases of violence in the country cause a big concern, APA reports.
“Sometimes, there are some unpleasant cases in Azerbaijan and we should try to prevent them. Azerbaijan, like other countries, is experiencing globalization, which has positive and negative effects. Besides, we are pleased with developing information technologies. However, we must remember that the development of information technologies has pros and cons. Sometimes, parents are happy with their children staying quiet in the room, but they don’t care about what the children are doing there. Elderly people, adults, and even children used to be influential in families. However, nowadays parents do not want to deal with their children,” she stressed.
The committee chairperson said that sometimes parents appeal to the committee, asking to separate them from their children when they think they cannot cope with them.
“See what the situation is. We should raise these issues and eliminate the gaps in the legislation,” she said.
Huseynova stressed that parents must be more responsible. “Sometimes a father doesn’t allow his 15-year-old daughter to study so that he can marry her off. But they fail to understand that a teen is incapable of maintaining a family. Thus we have brought up the matter of family psychologists. While studying the causes of divorces, the committee revealed that the problem is not social problems. Relations in poor families are stronger. Women and men are gradually losing their sense of responsibility. In fact, we have model families. However, we see that sense of responsibility is low in most families,” she said.
Later on, Gunduz Ismayilov, the deputy chairman of the State Committee of Azerbaijan for Work with Religious Organizations, experts, representatives of executive bodies delivered speeches.
Related news releases
- 23.09.2017Baku holding extreme “Mübarizlər” contest for 1st time
- 22.09.2017Bicycle ride under motto of “Cycling to work” held in Baku
- 22.09.2017MP Tandilyan: Combating prostitution has become a necessity in Armenia
- 22.09.2017First endoscopic liver removal operation successfully performed in Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Balakhani Industrial Park
- 22.09.2017ANAMA, NATO to launch third phase of Jeyranchel clearance project
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan to apply new model of final and entrance exams
- 21.09.2017Number of IDP children studying in Azerbaijan’s military schools increases
- 19.09.2017Number of Azerbaijani students studying at state expense in China announced
- 19.09.2017MP Alizade proposes banning hookah smoking in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan may list historical items older than 1960 as cultural resources
- 19.09.2017Foreigners to be required additional documents to get their driver licenses changed in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017People's Artist Fuad Poladov says he was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 months ago - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017World Bank, Azerbaijani State Committee for Refugee and IDP Affairs implement $170 mln credit projects
- 18.09.2017Tbilisi hosts int’l conference on fight against tuberculosis
- 16.09.2017Winners of essay contest amongst youth of Islamic countries awarded
- 16.09.2017Temperature to be 35C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Students of Tafakkur University will not be awarded a diploma because it is not accredited
- 16.09.2017New specialty to be created in master’s programme
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves 2017-2021 State Youth Programme
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan changing rules for foreigners obtaining scientific degree
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Day of Knowledge - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Knowledge Day
- 13.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev grants scholarship to students admitted to universities
- 13.09.2017UNHCR report highlights education crisis for refugee children
- 13.09.2017Another IBA official standing trial on fraud charges
- 13.09.2017Georgian Azerbaijanis stage protest over Myanmar violence
- 13.09.2017Lapshin thanks Azerbaijani president for pardoning him
- 12.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Additional exams to be held for students who missed final exams
- 11.09.2017Lapshin will most likely be sent to Israel tomorrow – lawyer
- 11.09.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva views renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Baku
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views special school in Baku after major overhaul
- 16.02.2017Book-album ‘Museum of Genocide’ presented in Baku
- 16.02.2017Lithuania’s independence marked in Baku
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan: 3,868 people still missing after Karabakh conflict
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijani State Committee dissatisfied with non-implementation of laws on family and children affairs
- 16.02.2017Medicine prices in Azerbaijan regulated based on manat rate against dollar: Tariff Council
- 16.02.2017PA official: Judges sometimes order registration of illegal buildings