Azerbaijan to recognize diplomas of graduates of 500 foreign universities
Diplomas of graduates of 500 foreign universities will be automatically recognized in Azerbaijan, Samir Valiyev, head of the Education Ministry’s department of accreditation and nostrification, told APA.
According to him, the department of accreditation and nostrification has developed new rules for nostrification.
He said that the new rules will soon be submitted to the government for approval.
“According to the new rules, the list of 500 foreign universities will be published. Diplomas of the graduates of those universities will be automatically recognized in Azerbaijan,” said Valiyev.
He added that diplomas of graduates of unlisted foreign universities will be nostrified after they pass special exams to be organized by the State Examination Center.
“Our goal is to have an Azerbaijani citizen educated in a more respectable university with a high rating. We do not deny the diplomas granted by unlisted universities. However, according to the new rules, diplomas of graduates of other universities will only be recognized after they pass special exams that are intended to be held twice a month. No more interviews will be held after these exams. These exams will be enough for a person to confirm his knowledge and get his/her diploma recognized,” the department head said.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 12.05.2018Lightning, heavy rain expected in some places tomorrow
- 11.05.2018ITV Director General Jamil Guliyev removed from duty
- 11.05.2018"Sevdiyim" project presented in Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups on May 13
- 10.05.2018Unknown predators found in Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli
- 09.05.2018MENR reveals causes of strong odor in Baku’s atmosphere
- 09.05.2018Weather forecast for May 10
- 09.05.2018Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on May 10
- 08.05.2018Police salaries increased 16-fold in last 15 years – interior minister
- 07.05.2018Kamran Imanov appointed chairman of Board of Intellectual Property Agency
- 07.05.2018Torture in prisons discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting in Baku
- 07.05.2018Top official: Freedom of speech and press ensured in Azerbaijan
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijani official: Counterfeit drugs trade – one of most serious crimes
- 04.05.2018Results of final exams held for 9th form pupils on March 18 publicized
- 06.09.2017Court rejects petition to commute sentence of Mehman Aliyev
- 07.09.2017World-renowned Azerbaijani scientist Lotfi Zadeh dies
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views overhauled school in Baku
- 06.09.2017Lawyer asks for acquittal of former MNS official
- 06.09.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 05.09.2017Azerbaijani Education Ministry rejects diplomas of nearly 900 people who studied abroad