Snowfall expected for Azerbaijan
On 31 January, the weather will be snowy in Baku and the Absheron Peninsula. Mild north-west wind will be blowing.
The temperature in the Absheron Peninsula will be -3…0 C during the night, 1…3 C during the day, and in Baku -3…-1 C during the night, 1…3 C during the day, the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources told APA.
Atmospheric pressure will rise from 767mm Hg to 771mm Hg, relative humidity will be 85-95%.
The roads will be covered with ice.
The windy and snow weather on January 31 and February 1 will create discomfort for sensitive people.
From January 31 to February 2, the weather in Baku and the Absheron Peninsula will be unstable and snowy. Northwest wind is expected to strengthen in some places. The lowest temperature will be -5 C. The roads will freeze.
In the districts of Azerbaijan, there will be intermittent snow to varying intensity. There will be fog in varies areas. West wind will gain strength in some areas. The temperature will be -6…1 C during the night, 1…5 during the day, and in the mountains -20…-15 C during the night, -10…-5 C during the day.
The unstable weather will be dominant till the morning of February 2. There will be intermittent precipitation and snow. West wind will gain strength in some places. Roads will freeze.
Related news releases
- 29.04.2017Trials proceeds for ex-officials of Azerbaijan’s liquidated ministry of security
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijani court sentences Russian citizen of Armenian origin to 8 years in prison
- 28.04.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Gobustan
- 28.04.2017May weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission rejects allegations of pardon for a person who wasn’t listed
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan SEC to hold first university entrance exams on April 30
- 27.04.2017MP: Some cafes and restaurants in Azerbaijan offer hookahs containing drugs
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan's former health minister gets 7 years and 5 days in prison - UPDATED
- 26.04.2017New prosecutor of Baku appointed
- 25.04.2017Victim testifies in trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani MP: People are unsure what currency to choose to save their money
- 25.04.2017Baku city prosecutor Aziz Seyidov elected judge of Supreme Court
- 25.04.2017Baku court holds preliminary hearing on case of APFP member arrested over FETO links
- 25.04.2017Starvation looms for 20 million, UN agricultural advisory group told at opening session
- 24.04.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial continues
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders payment of allowances to World War II participants
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani soldiers wounded in April battles provided with artificial limbs on initiative of First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 24.04.2017About 7 million people in Azerbaijan at risk of contracting malaria – ministry
- 21.04.2017EU, Azerbaijani SEC hold joint seminar
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to ban ads of potential harm to children
- 21.04.2017Canadian doctors discover first antibiotic in 30 years
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan declares two non-working days in May
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast: Strong winds expected in coming days
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3 mln to Youth Foundation
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan: 62 killed, 212 injured in emergencies since early 2017
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan issues licenses to 14 companies delivering television programming over Internet
- 19.04.2017The plan for admission of students will be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers
- 18.04.2017One child given up to foreigner for adoption in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.04.2017Attorneys in MNS case refuse to speak to the press
- 18.04.2017CoE experts’ report on NGOs presented in Baku
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan State Examination Center appeals to applicants over second entrance exams
- 17.04.2017Residents of the "Sovietski" addressed a letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates participants of 1st Int’l Forum of Caucasus Studies Scholars
- 17.04.2017New deputy health minister appointed in Azerbaijan’s Nakhchivan
- 15.04.2017President Aliyev gives instruction to stop construction of residential building in Yasamal district
- 15.04.2017Azerbaijan to start diagnostic evaluation of teachers in several districts from tomorrow
- 14.04.2017Over 1,400 foreigners violated Azerbaijan’s administrative legislation in March
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament passes bill restricting tobacco use
- 14.04.2017Baku Education Department: No violations recorded during teacher recruitment
- 30.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s economy developed in 2016
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani president: Instruction given to start resettlement of IDPs from dormitories
- 30.01.2017UN, Azerbaijan launch joint campaign on education and science
- 30.01.2017Ex-Azerbaijani footballer jailed for 8 years
- 30.01.2017Complete prohibition of description of tobacco products in stores proposed in Azerbaijan
- 30.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends conference on development of Azerbaijani districts