"Sevdiyim" project presented in Azerbaijan
A presentation ceremony for the project “Sevdiyim” dedicated to the 95th birthday anniversary of Azerbaijan’s national leader Heydar Aliyev and the 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic was held in Baku on May 11.
The ceremony was attended by Azerbaijani President’s Assistant for Work with Law Enforcement Bodies and Military Issues, Head of Department Fuad Alasgarov, Minister of Culture Abulfas Garayev, Minister of Youth and Sports Azad Rahimov, Chairman of ASAN Service Ulvi Mehdiyev, and prominent Azerbaijani poet, playwright Jafar Jabbarli's family members, APA reports.
Alasgarov said that the tricolor flag of independent Azerbaijan was first approved by the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic on November 9, 1918.
"Unfortunately, the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic collapsed on April 28, 1920. Azerbaijan regained its independence 71 years later. The tricolor flag was re-approved as a national flag at the session of Nakhchivan’s Supreme Majlis in November 1990 on the initiative of Heydar Aliyev. The Azerbaijani flag will one day be raised in Khankendi and Shusha,” he said.
The presidential aide noted that in 1993 Azerbaijan faced a threat of losing its independence.
“The Azerbaijani people made a wise choice and again invited the great leader to power. Political stability was ensured in the country during the reign of Heydar Aliyev. Today's political stability in Azerbaijan is the result of the national leader’s policy,” he added.
Minister of Culture Abulfas Garayev said that Heydar Aliyev takes a special place in Azerbaijan’s history.
Minister of Youth and Sports Azad Rahimov noted that Heydar Aliyev rescued Azerbaijan from danger of splitting.
Chairman of ASAN Service Ulvi Mehdiyev said that Azerbaijan has taken a worthy place among the world nations thanks to the policy pursued by national leader Heydar Aliyev.
Later, a video featuring the 100-year history of Azerbaijan was demonstrated at the event. The video was prepared based on the poem “Sevdiyim” by Jafar Jabbarli, dedicated to the Azerbaijani flag.
Composer and performer of the composition is Honored Artist Tunzala Agayeva, director is Ulviyya Konul.
Related news releases
- 25.05.2018Akif Chovdarov asks court to acquit him
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to law on road traffic
- 24.05.2018President Aliyev: Number of Azerbaijani IDPs provided with housing to reach 285,000 by year-end
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new residential complex for IDPs in Baku
- 23.05.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.4M
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP criticizes NGOs: Many of them engaged in populism
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP opposes equating bride kidnapping to abduction
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP expresses disapproval of media coverage of suicides among youth
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes reducing number of children for notion of multiple-children family from 5 to 3
- 23.05.2018Round table on theme “Azerbaijani family model” kicks off in parliament
- 23.05.2018MP: In most cases Facebook, SMS messages end marriages in Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on education
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 09.05.2018Weather forecast for May 10
- 09.05.2018Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on May 10
- 11.05.2018ITV Director General Jamil Guliyev removed from duty
- 12.05.2018Lightning, heavy rain expected in some places tomorrow
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups on May 13
- 10.05.2018Unknown predators found in Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli
- 09.05.2018MENR reveals causes of strong odor in Baku’s atmosphere