Prosecutor General’s Office: Former head of Bank Standard declared internationally wanted for evading investigation - UPDATED
Kriman Salim Eldarovich, former head of Bank Standard, has been officially declared internationally wanted.
Spokesperson for the Prosecutor General’s Office Eldar Sultanov confirmed the news to APA.
Sultanov noted that an international arrest warrant has been issued for Kriman because he has evaded investigation.
The Anti-Corruption Department under the Prosecutor General has investigated the illegal acts of “Çudo Peçka” founder Chingiz Jalilov, who, in collaboration with the chairman of the bank’s board of directors, embezzled a large amount of loan he had taken out from the bank under the name of his company and under his own name, the Prosecutor General's Office told APA.
Investigations have revealed that Guliyev Emin Gazanfar oglu, founder and director of Harvest LLC, specially created on behalf of former Director of “Bank Standard” Board of Directors Kriman Salim Eldarovich, entered into an agreement with him under the pretext of acquiring a 30% stock and completion of construction work shared with him 3,091,000 manats from a loan totaling 10,749,000 manats. The loan was allocated to Harvest LLC on the basis of several contracts at the expense of large amounts of money received from various sources at that time, including from external and internal investors and deposits.
In addition, E. Guliyev, continuing his criminal relations with Kriman, knowing in advance that he will not be able to fulfill his obligations under the contract, was able to, under the pretext of allegedly constructing a summer house, issue several loans without pledge for a total of 8,588,000 manats, which he also shared with Kriman.
E.Guliyev, being in collusion with the bank's officials, abusing his official position, spent these loans not for his personal needs, he was charged under articles 179.3.2 and 308.2. Guliyev has been put in pretrial detention.
Currently, the necessary investigative and operational measures are continuing to fully investigate these illegal acts, identify other suspects and bring them to justice, and ensure the compensation of the damage caused.
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 1.3M to State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance
- 19.07.2018Foreigners can get work visas in Azerbaijan through ASAN Visa – Migration Service
- 19.07.2018North-west wind to intensify in Baku in coming days
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners granted refugee status in Azerbaijan rises
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan increases
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan increases fines for pedestrians violating road crossing rules
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Code of Administrative Offenses
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 05.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.06.2018Post of chief probation officer created in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Education appointed
- 26.07.2017Alexander Lapshin refuses to file appeal, asks to be extradited to Israel
- 26.07.2017Justice Ministry: Lapshin’s request for his extradition to Israel may be considered
- 27.07.2017Applicants evacuated due to fire retake entrance exams
- 26.07.2017Former head of Bank Standard declared internationally wanted
- 26.07.2017Applicants for journalism specialty to take aptitude test
- 25.07.2017Trial of former Azerbaijani ministry official continues