Program Manager from Massachusetts Institute of Technology visits Baku Higher Oil School
Rector of Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) Elmar Qasimov held a meeting with Program Manager of International Science and Technology Initiatives (MISTI) in Eurasia and of Global Startup Labs of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Ekaterina Zabrovskaya.
Director General of SOCAR-AQŞ Ramin Isayev, MIT graduate Ramil Maherramov and Dean of BHOS Lifelong Learning Department Rena Mustafayeva also attended the meeting. The purpose of Ekaterina Zabrovskaya’s visit to Azerbaijan is to explore the needs and opportunities for developing a partnership and cooperation program between the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, one of the flagship universities in the world, and Azerbaijani universities, companies and organizations.
Having welcomed the guests, BHOS Rector Elmar Gasimov informed them about history and development of the Higher School, achievements attained in a short period of time, BHOS international relations and conditions created at the Higher School’s new campus. Program Manager of MISTI in Eurasia and MIT Global Startup Labs Ekaterina Zabrovskaya provided detailed information about International Science and Technology Initiatives, MIT’s pioneering international education program. As she informed, MISTI match MIT students with tailored internship, research and teaching opportunities abroad, and also facilitates MIT faculty collaborations and develops partnerships with leading companies, research institutes and universities around the world.
“MIT has similar partnership programs with 22 countries. One of our objectives is to establish MIT Global Startup Labs in Azerbaijan. It is a multidisciplinary group of MISTI, which aims to cultivate, support and empower a generation of young-tech entrepreneurs through startup labs, capacity building and competitions,” Ekaterina Zabrovskaya said.
The meeting participants also discussed other issues of mutual interest and prospects of cooperation between two higher educational institutions including student exchange programs, and joint research and scientific projects and initiatives.
Founded in 1861, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is one of the world's most prestigious universities. The Institute is traditionally known for its research and education in the physical sciences and engineering, and more recently in biology, economics, linguistics, and management. As of 2015, 85 Nobel laureates have been affiliated with MIT. Many of MIT's alumni have had considerable success in scientific research. One of them is world-known mathematician and computer scientist of Azerbaijani origin Lotfi Aliasker Zadeh, currently professor emeritus of computer science at the University of California, Berkeley. He is best known for proposing the fuzzy mathematics consisting of the fuzzy related concepts.
Related news releases
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ali bey Huseynzade’s daughter “Dostlug” Order
- 17.03.2018Monument to victims of genocide committed by Armenia erected in Guba
- 16.03.2018AZN 4mln allocated for construction of modular schools in four districts
- 16.03.2018South Caucasus’s most ancient jewelry item exhibited at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 16.03.2018State Migration Service employees granted high special ranks
- 16.03.2018State Committee: Turkish MP whose health suddenly deteriorated during Baku forum is in stable condition
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP suffers heart attack while speaking at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.03.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Salyan
- 15.03.2018Real TV starts satellite broadcasting
- 15.03.2018Nizami Ganjavi International Award presented to First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan fines Qatari national for illegal hunting
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces competition for 24 vacancies in 7 state bodies
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves composition of Youth Foundation’s Supervisory Board
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for purchase of apartments for Karabakh war disabled, families of martyrs
- 13.03.2018New executive director of Azerbaijan Youth Foundation appointed
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate Wind Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 12.03.2018Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Salyan
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of carpet factory in Sabunchu
- 09.03.2018Real TV will start satellite broadcasting on March 12
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president ups salaries of State Security Service employees
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan defines new procedure for financing education abroad
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing salaries of employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold first stage of final exam for 9th graders on March 11
- 07.03.2018About 2,700 Azerbaijani citizens study in Georgian universities
- 07.03.2018UNICEF: 12 million girls a year become child brides
- 06.03.2018Mexican ambassador visits Goychay
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on group of women
- 06.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of new building of sanatorium-type orphanage-kindergarten in Mashtagha settlement
- 06.03.2018UNICEF: Incidence of early marriages reduced to almost zero in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2018UNICEF may assist in rehabilitation of Azerbaijani children in Iraq and Syria
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate second Tuesday of Novruz holiday
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of employees of a number of state-funded organizations
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on additional measures to improve water supply for several villages in Sabirabad district
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in melioration, water economy, fishery fields
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in areas of housing and communal services, transport, communications.
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in agriculture, ecology, environment protection areas
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people working in culture, youth, sports organizations
- 28.07.2017Interior Minister of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 29.07.2017Applicants for journalism specialty takes aptitude test
- 31.07.2017Solar eclipse to occur next month
- 28.07.2017Azerbaijan publicizes number of people bitten by snakes in July
- 28.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 5-year sentence for ex-official of liquidated ministry
- 28.07.2017State Examination Center addresses applicants who took entrance exam on July 27