President Ilham Aliyev orders to punish those responsible for demolition of Azerbaijani poet's monument
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has given instructions to the relevant authorities to investigate the demolition of the monument to the famous Azerbaijani poet Mikayil Mushfig in Baku and punish its perpetrators, Azerbaijani President’s Aide for Public and Political Affairs Ali Hasanov told APA.
Hasanov noted that tens of historical and cultural monuments have been reconstructed, and the monuments to such prominent Azerbaijani composers as Gara Garayev, Fikret Amirov, Niyazi, as well as Azerbaijani singer Bulbul, Rashid Behbudov (singer and actor) and others were installed in the country.
“The Azerbaijani president considers inadmissible the unauthorized demolition of monuments of historical and cultural importance without the consent of the relevant state bodies in accordance with the country’s law. Those responsible for such acts will be severely punished,” he added.
It was earlier reported that Azeravtoyol OJSC removed the monument to the outstanding Azerbaijani poet Mikayil Mushfig. The State Service of Cultural Heritage Conservation, Development and Rehabilitation said that Azeravtoyol OJSC didn’t reach an agreement with them on this issue.
Azeravtoyol OJSC dismissed the report about the demolition of the monument as baseless.
“The monument was temporarily removed due to reconstruction and expansion work on Sovetski street, and will be returned after completion of the work,” Azeravtoyol OJSC said in a statement.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 12.05.2018Lightning, heavy rain expected in some places tomorrow
- 11.05.2018ITV Director General Jamil Guliyev removed from duty
- 11.05.2018"Sevdiyim" project presented in Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups on May 13
- 10.05.2018Unknown predators found in Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli
- 09.05.2018MENR reveals causes of strong odor in Baku’s atmosphere
- 09.05.2018Weather forecast for May 10
- 09.05.2018Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on May 10
- 08.05.2018Police salaries increased 16-fold in last 15 years – interior minister
- 07.05.2018Kamran Imanov appointed chairman of Board of Intellectual Property Agency
- 07.05.2018Torture in prisons discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting in Baku
- 07.05.2018Top official: Freedom of speech and press ensured in Azerbaijan
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijani official: Counterfeit drugs trade – one of most serious crimes
- 04.05.2018Results of final exams held for 9th form pupils on March 18 publicized
- 28.02.2017Subahir Gurbanov reacts to indictment - UPDATED
- 01.03.2017Number of children in Azerbaijan surpasses 2.8 million
- 01.03.2017Annual report by Azerbaijani Ombudsman recommended to parliament’s plenary session
- 28.02.2017March weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2017Azerbaijan may close publishing houses for failure to submit required copies to libraries
- 28.02.2017Nearly 70,000 applicants to attend free entrance exams in Azerbaijan this year