President Ilham Aliyev views secondary school in Baku after major overhaul - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has viewed conditions in the secondary school No 74 in Bakikhanov, Sabunchu district, Baku, after a major overhaul.
Head of Baku City Executive Authority Hajibala Abutalibov informed the head of state of the reconstruction work. The building of the school was constructed in 1960. The school underwent a major overhaul under the “State Program for socio-economic development of Baku and its suburbs”, which was approved by the President of Azerbaijan.
The territory of the 912-seat school occupies a total area of 11,000 sm.
There are photo stands in the foyer of the school highlighting national leader Heydar Aliyev’s, President Ilham Aliyev’s and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva’s attention to education.
Reconstruction of the school saw the installation of video surveillance, fire alarm and internet systems. All classrooms and laboratories feature furniture and necessary equipment. The school now also has a football pitch.
Extensive landscaping was done in the territory of the school.
President Ilham Aliyev toured the school, and wished its staff success.
- 20.01.2018Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform expresses deep condolences over 20 January tragedy
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijani public pays tribute to January 20 victims
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan holds minute of silence to honor January 20 victims
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan simplifies visa procedures for 2018 Formula 1 Grand Prix
- 19.01.2018Traffic to be restricted on some roads of Baku on January 20
- 18.01.2018Teymur Bunyadov awarded Shohrat Order
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold first stage of paid mock exam for master admission
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan increases salaries of teachers working in state vocational education institutions
- 17.01.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan SEC announces dates of final, entrance exams in 2018
- 16.01.2018Keshikchi Dag monastery needs to be repaired – Azerbaijani State Service
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance becomes public legal entity
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani Supreme Court denies former health minister’s appeal
- 16.01.2018Isa Gambar in stable condition, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Siyavush Novruzov: If necessary, state will support Isa Gambar’s treatment
- 15.01.2018Isa Gambar’s health condition improving, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Health Ministry: Infant and child mortality rates in Azerbaijan drop three times
- 14.01.2018Recent discovery in Meteorites may prove there is life outside Earth - Study
- 13.01.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 10.01.2018Citizens of Non-Aligned movement states to get education grants in Azerbaijan
- 10.01.2018Iranian FM in Russia for talks on nuclear deal, Syria
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: 2,300 IDP families provided with new apartments in 2017
- 08.01.2018Masalli resident captures injured eagle
- 06.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on highway construction in Khachmaz
- 06.01.2018Turkish citizen standing trial in Azerbaijan
- 06.01.2018ANAMA issues 2017 annual report
- 05.01.2018FEP rates photo of Heydar Aliyev Center as ‘Cover Picture of 2017’
- 05.01.2018Man detained attempting to smuggle drugs from Iran to Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018MES holds operational meeting on search of missing climbers
- 03.01.2018Nearly 386,000 children born worldwide on New Year’s Day, says UNICEF
- 31.12.2017Baku welcomes New Year - PHOTOSESSION
- 31.12.2017World Azerbaijanis mark Solidarity Day
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves “Law on Restriction of Use of Tobacco Products”
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan abolishes penalty for conversation that can district driver’s attention
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan establishes professional holiday of ASAN Service employees
- 29.12.2017Diabetics increase, specialists decrease in numbers in Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Yanardag Reserve
- 29.12.2017Israeli ambassador visits Pirallahi district
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast for holidays
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MP suggests exempting disabled from education fee
- 05.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views school-lyceum in Baku after major overhaul
- 05.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views conditions created at secondary school in Baku
- 05.09.2017Azerbaijani Education Ministry rejects diplomas of nearly 900 people who studied abroad
- 31.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage systems in Baku
- 31.08.2017Azerbaijan: Number of patients who opt for artificial insemination increases
- 31.08.2017September weather forecast for Azerbaijan