President Ilham Aliyev views school-lyceum in Baku after major overhaul
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today viewed conditions created at school-lyceum No 62 named after Khalid Guliyev in Nizami district, Baku, after a major overhaul.
Head of Baku City Executive Authority Hajibala Abutalibov informed the head of state of the reconstruction work.
The building of the school was constructed in 1964. The school underwent a major overhaul under the "State Program for socio-economic development of Baku and its suburbs", which was approved by the President of Azerbaijan.
The territory of the 984-seat school occupies a total area of 11,000 square metres. The school-lyceum was supplied with all the necessary equipment.
The head of state also familiarized himself with the Healthy Education classes which were created in the school-lyceum.
The Healthy Education - Healthy Nation project aims to protect students' health in schools and to improve their educational achievements.
The reconstruction work was also done in football, volleyball and basketball grounds. Extensive landscaping work was done, and the lightning system was installed in the yard of the school.
- 22.09.2017Bicycle ride under motto of “Cycling to work” held in Baku
- 22.09.2017MP Tandilyan: Combating prostitution has become a necessity in Armenia
- 22.09.2017First endoscopic liver removal operation successfully performed in Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Balakhani Industrial Park
- 22.09.2017ANAMA, NATO to launch third phase of Jeyranchel clearance project
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan to apply new model of final and entrance exams
- 21.09.2017Number of IDP children studying in Azerbaijan’s military schools increases
- 19.09.2017Number of Azerbaijani students studying at state expense in China announced
- 19.09.2017MP Alizade proposes banning hookah smoking in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan may list historical items older than 1960 as cultural resources
- 19.09.2017Foreigners to be required additional documents to get their driver licenses changed in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017People's Artist Fuad Poladov says he was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 months ago - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017World Bank, Azerbaijani State Committee for Refugee and IDP Affairs implement $170 mln credit projects
- 18.09.2017Tbilisi hosts int’l conference on fight against tuberculosis
- 16.09.2017Winners of essay contest amongst youth of Islamic countries awarded
- 16.09.2017Temperature to be 35C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Students of Tafakkur University will not be awarded a diploma because it is not accredited
- 16.09.2017New specialty to be created in master’s programme
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves 2017-2021 State Youth Programme
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan changing rules for foreigners obtaining scientific degree
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Day of Knowledge - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Knowledge Day
- 13.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev grants scholarship to students admitted to universities
- 13.09.2017UNHCR report highlights education crisis for refugee children
- 13.09.2017Another IBA official standing trial on fraud charges
- 13.09.2017Georgian Azerbaijanis stage protest over Myanmar violence
- 13.09.2017Lapshin thanks Azerbaijani president for pardoning him
- 12.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Additional exams to be held for students who missed final exams
- 11.09.2017Lapshin will most likely be sent to Israel tomorrow – lawyer
- 11.09.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva views renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Baku
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views special school in Baku after major overhaul
- 11.09.2017Lapshin attempts suicide under pretext of delayed extradition: Penitentiary Service
- 05.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views conditions created at secondary school in Baku
- 05.09.2017Azerbaijani Education Ministry rejects diplomas of nearly 900 people who studied abroad
- 06.09.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 04.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views secondary school in Baku after major overhaul - UPDATED
- 31.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage systems in Baku
- 31.08.2017Azerbaijan: Number of patients who opt for artificial insemination increases