President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva have today attended the opening of the newly constructed building of the school-lyceum No 20 named after Arif Huseynzade in Yasamal district, Baku.
Minister of Education Mikayil Jabbarov informed the head of state of the works done here. School-lyceum No 20 was constructed in 1958. The school underwent a major overhaul under the order of the Azerbaijani President in 2007. On September 15 of the same year President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva viewed renovation works carried out at the school. Later, the increasing population density in the area boosted the growth of the number of pupils, necessitating the construction of a new building.
President Ilham Aliyev ordered the construction of a larger and state-of-the-art school building.
The head of state cut the ribbon symbolizing the opening of the school-lyceum.
President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva viewed conditions created at the school. They were informed that a 4,000-seat school-lyceum features state-of-the-art equipment. The school also features preschool preparation classes. The Preschool Education Center, which consists of 8 classrooms, will also operate at the school-lyceum.
There are 145 classrooms and seven laboratories in the school, which has a total enrollment of 3,300 students in Azerbaijani and Russian sections. They are served by 260 teachers.
The Heydar Aliyev Museum at the school-lyceum contains a rich collection, including interesting photos, documents and books reflecting different periods of life and political activity of the national leader.
President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva met with first year students and congratulated them on Knowledge Day.
This year's first lesson at the school-lyceum is held under the motto "Jojug Marjanli - the beginning of a historical return".
President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva posed for photographs together with schoolchildren.
President Ilham Aliyev then met with the teaching staff and schoolchildren.
Parent Jala Seyidli thanked President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva for the attention to the development of education.
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan increases salaries of teachers working in state vocational education institutions
- 17.01.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan SEC announces dates of final, entrance exams in 2018
- 16.01.2018Keshikchi Dag monastery needs to be repaired – Azerbaijani State Service
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance becomes public legal entity
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani Supreme Court denies former health minister’s appeal
- 16.01.2018Isa Gambar in stable condition, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Siyavush Novruzov: If necessary, state will support Isa Gambar’s treatment
- 15.01.2018Isa Gambar’s health condition improving, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Health Ministry: Infant and child mortality rates in Azerbaijan drop three times
- 14.01.2018Recent discovery in Meteorites may prove there is life outside Earth - Study
- 13.01.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 10.01.2018Citizens of Non-Aligned movement states to get education grants in Azerbaijan
- 10.01.2018Iranian FM in Russia for talks on nuclear deal, Syria
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: 2,300 IDP families provided with new apartments in 2017
- 08.01.2018Masalli resident captures injured eagle
- 06.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on highway construction in Khachmaz
- 06.01.2018Turkish citizen standing trial in Azerbaijan
- 06.01.2018ANAMA issues 2017 annual report
- 05.01.2018FEP rates photo of Heydar Aliyev Center as ‘Cover Picture of 2017’
- 05.01.2018Man detained attempting to smuggle drugs from Iran to Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018MES holds operational meeting on search of missing climbers
- 03.01.2018Nearly 386,000 children born worldwide on New Year’s Day, says UNICEF
- 31.12.2017Baku welcomes New Year - PHOTOSESSION
- 31.12.2017World Azerbaijanis mark Solidarity Day
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves “Law on Restriction of Use of Tobacco Products”
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan abolishes penalty for conversation that can district driver’s attention
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan establishes professional holiday of ASAN Service employees
- 29.12.2017Diabetics increase, specialists decrease in numbers in Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Yanardag Reserve
- 29.12.2017Israeli ambassador visits Pirallahi district
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast for holidays
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MP suggests exempting disabled from education fee
- 29.12.2017January weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan makes structural changes to Economy Ministry
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles upon several people on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
- 28.12.2017Relocation from Sovetsky to continue in January 2018
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijan detains Indian citizens accused of aiding illegal migration
- 27.12.2017Street in Tbilisi named after prominent Azerbaijani Rashid Behbudov
- 27.12.2017Tbilisi streets named after prominent Azerbaijanis: Many of these names exist on map only
- 15.09.2017New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Day of Knowledge - PHOTOSESSION