President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva have today attended the opening of the newly constructed building of the school-lyceum No 20 named after Arif Huseynzade in Yasamal district, Baku.
Minister of Education Mikayil Jabbarov informed the head of state of the works done here. School-lyceum No 20 was constructed in 1958. The school underwent a major overhaul under the order of the Azerbaijani President in 2007. On September 15 of the same year President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva viewed renovation works carried out at the school. Later, the increasing population density in the area boosted the growth of the number of pupils, necessitating the construction of a new building.
President Ilham Aliyev ordered the construction of a larger and state-of-the-art school building.
The head of state cut the ribbon symbolizing the opening of the school-lyceum.
President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva viewed conditions created at the school. They were informed that a 4,000-seat school-lyceum features state-of-the-art equipment. The school also features preschool preparation classes. The Preschool Education Center, which consists of 8 classrooms, will also operate at the school-lyceum.
There are 145 classrooms and seven laboratories in the school, which has a total enrollment of 3,300 students in Azerbaijani and Russian sections. They are served by 260 teachers.
The Heydar Aliyev Museum at the school-lyceum contains a rich collection, including interesting photos, documents and books reflecting different periods of life and political activity of the national leader.
President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva met with first year students and congratulated them on Knowledge Day.
This year's first lesson at the school-lyceum is held under the motto "Jojug Marjanli - the beginning of a historical return".
President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva posed for photographs together with schoolchildren.
President Ilham Aliyev then met with the teaching staff and schoolchildren.
Parent Jala Seyidli thanked President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva for the attention to the development of education.
- 23.10.2017Strong geomagnetic storm expected to begin tomorrow
- 23.10.2017Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Shabran
- 21.10.2017Gabala hosts int’l scientific conference entitled ‘Archeology of Gabala’
- 21.10.2017Baku awaits rainless weather on Sunday
- 20.10.2017Applicants to take entrance exams in two groups this academic year in Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Ambassador Cekuta: About 7,000 Azerbaijanis received education in U.S. over 25-year period of diplomatic relations
- 20.10.2017In Azerbaijan, final exams to be held once, but entrance exams more than once under new model
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament excludes 3 issues from agenda
- 20.10.2017AZN 50.5 mln allocated for IDPs who don’t have access to gas supply
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani SEC: In 2019 maximum point in university entrance exams will be 400
- 20.10.2017Education expenditure in Azerbaijan’s draft state budget 2018 exceeds AZN 2 bln
- 20.10.2017Teachers’ diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan to end next year
- 20.10.2017AZN 5M to be allocated to mark 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 20.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov to be taken to Germany for treatment
- 19.10.201770 people brought to responsibility in Baku for auto-hooliganism
- 19.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve water supply, livestock management for residents of Zardab and Aghjabadi
- 18.10.2017Spectators to be provided with buses following Qarabag-Atletico Madrid football match
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan registers 390 HIV-positive people in 2017
- 18.10.2017Documentary “Objective Baku: How Hitler Lost the Battle for Oil” screened in London
- 18.10.2017Increase in male victims of human trafficking, IOM says
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan considers amendment to Criminal Code regarding postponement of sentence for some prisoners
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan defines upper and lowers limits of new penalty for juvenile delinquency
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s trade representatives abroad to be paid in amount of 90 percent of ambassador’s salary
- 16.10.2017Interior Minister: Situation with sexual minorities in Azerbaijan no different from that in most European states
- 16.10.2017ANAS proposes businesses undertake to finance development of science in country
- 13.10.2017"IMAGINE" Euro Tolerance Festival 2017 kicks off in Baku
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan set to abrogate imprisonment for illegal trafficking of medications
- 13.10.2017ANAS says statement by Institute of History on map crisis does not reflect its position
- 13.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve irrigation in Saatli
- 13.10.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 13.10.20174-year-old Azerbaijani child rescued from ISIL in Iraq brought home
- 12.10.2017ANAS Institute of History issues statement on map crisis
- 12.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards railway workers
- 11.10.2017New generation vaccine developed against malaria: Azerbaijani scientist
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijan develops life expectancy map
- 10.10.2017Premarital examination: 240 diagnosed with thalassemia, 7 with AIDS in Azerbaijan
- 10.10.2017Strong magnetic storm to hit Earth
- 09.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Sometimes there are delays in execution of actions relating to Strategic Road Maps
- 09.10.2017Historian: ‘Greater Armenia’ map in history textbook may have been published for insidious purpose
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan conducts serious fight against corruption, cybercrime: Deputy Prosecutor General
- 26.08.2017Facebook and Instagram 'crash' for thousands of internet users
- 28.08.2017Azerbaijan wraps up registration of applicants for universities
- 30.08.2017ASAN Visa to grant e-visa within 3 hours
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijani SEC: deadline for registration of applicants, bachelors extended
- 25.08.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Sabirabad
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: 11 fake diplomas revealed in interviews for recruitment of teachers